Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe this is a new personality disorder?
Yes 20 20.20%
No 77 77.78%
Not Sure 2 2.02%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 06:59 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
None of that is new. None of that is conspiracy theory.

and actual conspiracy theories and the crazy people who believe them are also not new.

FDR knew Pearl Harbor attack was coming but let it so he could get America in the war
Kennedy was killed by the gubbermint (ok part of me wants to believe LBJ did it...LOL)
9/11 was done by the CIA.
George W. Bush worships a giant Owl... which is part of the whole "new world order/masons are the illuminati/Builderburger (sp)/Council on Foreign Relations nonsense...
Chemtrails...

that's conspiracy stuff.

The stuff you listed are just normal every day things that have been around since the beginning and have roots in truth.
The reality is, we have those that keep open the path for new information, and adjust their opinions accordingly, and those whose established beliefs have become invincible, and not subject to alteration no matter what.

Cases cited are perfect examples. FDR .... there are several well sourced books on the matter of FDR and Pearl Harbor which provide considerable evidence of his foreknowledge of the impending attacks, none the least of which is his directive to filter ALL intelligence material collected on the Japanese through the White House, with extremely pertinent material withheld from Pearl Harbor's military command. Furthermore, an equally convincing amount of evidence exists which implicate him in implementing a designed strategy to encourage the attack, such as the embargo placed upon the Japanese which cut off Japan's oil supplies, thereby creating a major blow to their military operations against China.

Such an embargo is in reality, an act of war, destroying the foundational premise that Pearl Harbor was an unprovoked, sneak attack. It was certainly a sneak attack, but not unprovoked.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:49 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The reality is, we have those that keep open the path for new information, and adjust their opinions accordingly, and those whose established beliefs have become invincible, and not subject to alteration no matter what.
absolutely agreed but...... from following birtherism i'd say it's usually the conspiracy theorist that locks onto a preconceived conclusion and anything that contradicts that belief they either ignore, reject as false or claim as evidence to the scope of the conspiracy.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:50 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
absolutely agreed but...... from following birtherism i'd say it's usually the conspiracy theorist that locks onto a preconceived conclusion and anything that contradicts that belief they either ignore, reject as false or claim as evidence to the scope of the conspiracy.
When facts are shunted . . . adverse inference can pose many possibilities.

Facts obviously denied compel further investigation, and certainly not by the denying party.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
When facts are shunted . . . .
and here's a key point, conspiracy theorists usually rely on speculation and ignore the facts at hand or they let their beliefs dictate what facts they will accept instead of allowing the facts to dictate their beliefs.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
and here's a key point, conspiracy theorists usually rely on speculation and ignore the facts at hand or they let their beliefs dictate what facts they will accept instead of allowing the facts to dictate their beliefs.
There is really no such thing as a "conspiracy theorist". This is just a label used by certain gullible individuals who have already had their minds made up for them by the main stream mind control machine, to dismiss anything that challenges the official version of events, which almost always is less than truthful..

Truth be told, there are are conspiracies, and theories. Some theories are more logically based than others. One of the most outlandish stories of our times is the one about a mega wealthy Arab holed up in a cave, directed a ragtag group of fanatics who proceeded to defeat the most sophisticated air defense system in the world ... fly planes into buildings, and knock them down into a pile of dust. Now that particular conspiracy theory is pretty hard to swallow.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
There is really no such thing as a "conspiracy theorist".
people that believe in one of the more extreme conspiracy theories tend to believe in multiple. your post shows that you believe there was more to 9/11, i'd be interested in knowing if you thought the facts were significantly different then the official story on these topics:

1): obama's birth in HI

2): jade helm 15

3): FEMA camps

4): boston bombing

5): sandy hook

Quote:
This is just a label used by certain gullible individuals who have already had their minds made up for them by the main stream mind control machine,....
my interest is in birtherism and on that topic i've done extensive research always trying to get to source information. hard to say that the "main stream mind control machine" has made up my mind for me when i tend to know more on the topic then what is reported.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
... to dismiss anything that challenges the official version of events,...
i support questioning authority but i believe the more extreme conspiracy theories are detrimental to that quest by making the majority of people jaded to such accusations. a combination of "the boy who cried wolf" and "chicken little".

Old 06-04-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
i support questioning authority but i believe the more extreme conspiracy theories are detrimental to that quest by making the majority of people jaded to such accusations. a combination of "the boy who cried wolf" and "chicken little".
So . . . You think the Government isn't as bad as it is.

Is that it?

Old 06-04-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
So . . . You think the Government isn't as bad as it is.
do i believe there is corruption in government? absolutely.

do i believe it is "as bad" as those that cling to extreme conspiracy theories devoid of facts and logic? no, i don't.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
do i believe there is corruption in government? absolutely.

do i believe it is "as bad" as those that cling to extreme conspiracy theories devoid of facts and logic? no, i don't.
The acts of the Government were commissioned devoid of facts, and were ill-ogic to law.

The "acts" were designed to create an endless string of "new" laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies