Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe this is a new personality disorder?
Yes 20 20.20%
No 77 77.78%
Not Sure 2 2.02%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 05:30 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I'm a cog in the machine. I have a decent paying job and my only desire is to raise a family. Besides, what solution to the oligarchy do you have that would be better than what we have now? There are a lot of people on the net, particularly anarchist types, who think we'd be better off without government regulation. I believe they are mistaken.... human nature being what it is.
I would agree with you, I disagree with the main "anarchist" groups more than I disagree with practically every other political group. I actually like human nature, and would like to embrace it, and I find civilization to be fundamentally anti-human.

On the other hand, the main anarchist groups tend to espouse ideas which are about as far from human nature as there can possibly be. They are utopians/idealists, who don't want to get rid of government and civilization to embrace human nature, but actually to fight against it. They imagine basically a one-world government, but without government. What they don't seem to understand, is that, in the absence of government, human nature can produce nothing but tribalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
If I happen to see an opportunity where the people could actually overthrow the oligarchy I'll support it just because I like to spice things up and make things interesting. Mundane day to day existence can be so... boring. This ever rising, stable stock market... yawn. Bring back some financial Armageddon please.
Well, I like the quote by Lysander Spooner... "The lesson taught by all these facts is this: As long as mankind continue to pay “National Debts,” so-called – that is, so long as they are such dupes and cowards as to pay for being cheated, plundered, enslaved, and murdered – so long there will be enough to lend the money for those purposes; and with that money a plenty of tools, called soldiers, can be hired to keep them in subjection. But when they refuse any longer to pay for being thus cheated, plundered, enslaved, and murdered, they will cease to have cheats, and usurpers, and robbers, and murderers and blood-money loan-mongers for masters."

Lysander Spooner – No Treason No. 6: The Constitution of No Authority

Money is what holds these people in power, and money is also their weakness. You must deny them the money, in whatever way you can, or you will forever by a slave.

As an example, if everyone stopped working tomorrow(or became self-sufficient), there could be no government. There could be nothing.

Imagine if the United States has a "Waco standoff/siege" going on all over the country, all the time. But the issue was about gun-rights and/or taxes. Organized almost like the movie "fight club".

This country wouldn't last a year.

As for what I would like to replace it with. I'm a huge fan of Thomas Jefferson. I want a country truly by the consent of the governed. Thomas Jefferson wanted a Constitution that only lasted 19 years(IE it reset every generation).

I would like that kind of Constitution, and I would like to break America apart into "districts" based on 100% consent. You should read about the process whereby a city becomes a city, it is disgraceful.

Thomas Jefferson supported rewriting the Constitution every 19 years, equated not doing so to being 'enslaved to the prior generation' - what do you think about that ? - by Student of Life - Newsvine

Popular Basis of Political Authority: Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Old 05-27-2015, 10:07 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

I would like that kind of Constitution, and I would like to break America apart into "districts" based on 100% consent. You should read about the process whereby a city becomes a city, it is disgraceful.

Thomas Jefferson supported rewriting the Constitution every 19 years, equated not doing so to being 'enslaved to the prior generation' - what do you think about that ? - by Student of Life - Newsvine

Popular Basis of Political Authority: Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
What about the Infiltraitors?

Old 05-27-2015, 10:09 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,603 times
Some conspiracy theories get ridiculous. But seeing as certain theories prove to be true quite often, and the government has proved they don't deserve our trust i'd argue that anyone who doesn't distrust the government has a logic disorder.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:50 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Its sad isnt it??

So many puppets believe thier BS,thats why the truth wont come out.... ENOUGH BELIEVE THE BS!!!!!!

The same holds true with SHES and OKC.

There are no more theories as there are no more conspiracies. Why conspire when they can do it in plain view? Wouldn't politicians need to conspire to pass some of the legislation we have seen over the past 20 years? They just do their nefarious deeds and the MSM, including TMZ and ET, report on it as if nothing happened until Alex Jones or FOX brings the topic into the light..

As far as conspiracy theories ever being legit...read this and anything related PSYOPS.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:03 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Nope, it's common sense.
Yes, indeed it is, and I still cannot believe how many Americans are fast asleep at the wheel....
and if they disagree, they've got to label you and acuse you of being paranoid?

I suppose it is the only way to discredit you and me....and live in this world of denial, which I call their protective plastic bubble they have created for themselves which they call life.

Paranoid, I think not, Truth, by all means, Period!

I read an article the other day, about how much the CEO's are making, and it is pathetic....then they had a script on the news about how powerful Comcast is....and believe you me, Comcast, doesn't give a hill of beans about their customers, with them, it's all about power and money....

Whenever companies are making huge sums of money like this and have stockholders, believe you me, they are going to play hardball at the cost of customer service....

Old 05-27-2015, 01:30 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
It is indeed a new form of psychosis, not limited to not trusting the government. It spreads to relationships between neighbors, even family members. It also affects working places. The problem is not with being skeptical, but letting suspicion taking over someone's life. I think the media, Hollywood and the Internet are the main driving forces behind the spread of this new disorder. The "new" part is the magnitude of people suffering from it.

Last edited by oberon_1; 05-27-2015 at 01:39 PM..

Old 05-28-2015, 12:22 PM

Conspiracy Theories, are beliefs....and if someone disbelieves in them, or what ever the person is talking about, then that's fine...but to label a person b/c they believe in them is no more intelligent then some people who condemn others for their beliefs....

I cannot believe how, just b/c you might not agree with them, you take it to a whole other outlandish level?

It's about belief, no more, no less...period.

I've seen conspiracy theories happen in business, in unions, in Penn Dot, in management, etc. Why is it so hard to believe men are driven by money, and power....and will do any and everything to protect not only their interests, but the interests of many stockholders. Man cheats and lies when it comes to agendas, power and money....and I'm sorry, but its a dirty world...

Those of you who believe it's paranoide to consider such things, are the ones who live in their very own protective plastic bubble away from the real world....

Men have jumped out of windows due to financial loss....and you think a conspiracy theory is a made up lie out of fear? I think not...

A wise man will consider all things and make his decision....from being open minded....to the facts that anything is possible.

We live in a hugely stupid America....and I mean literally Stupid. We've lost intellectual skills, thank you to our Government....

Have any of you heard of Masters, and scholars...the world was so much more acurate years ago, before computers. We didn't give someone a pay check for not doing their jobs well. If you screwed up, you got fired, period! Not today, no one gets fired. And just this morning, I heard on the news, was it the CDC sent out antrax to so many different areas of the U.S.???? How utterly stupid? No one seems to think about the effects of their mistakes, on so so many others...we've become a individualistic nation....and the sad part of that, makes conspiracies all the more prevalent.

I'm not saying they are all factual...what I'm saying is, there just might be more truth to them then what you want to believe, and in my book, if you are unable to weigh both sides, that might also be a fear of being wrong? So what....

I know for a fact, Kennedy was murdered and it wasn't by some smart bullet either.
The corporations had way to much to loose by us not going into Vietnam....and what was it, two or three days later Johnson signed the papers to go to war with them? Then Bobby was murdered? That clinched it for me.

Maybe the mafia did it? Maybe they were hired to do it by the Corporations.

I've seen way to much corruption in my lifetime...and am no longer all red white and blue patriot...like some people....TV has proven to be able to brainwash people over a period of time, and we've all seen it with Smoking....the news media instilled nothing but fear and panic in the public about smoking, when in fact, there are a ton of other things out there in the air and foods killing people.

I find it all so pathetic.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
It is indeed a new form of psychosis, not limited to not trusting the government. It spreads to relationships between neighbors, even family members. It also affects working places. The problem is not with being skeptical, but letting suspicion taking over someone's life. I think the media, Hollywood and the Internet are the main driving forces behind the spread of this new disorder. The "new" part is the magnitude of people suffering from it.
I'm glad people are waking up, and so happy more and more people are understanding just how corrupt our government is...if there were not true, you wouldn't have politicians saying, it's time to take America back, politicians use truth to con people....

It is everywhere because people, are so corrupt, and need laws to keep order....it is getting worse and worse and the fear is, all the law suits...fear of being sued for firing someone who is corrupt.

I've seen people taking so much time off of work it's pathetic....and when they are called upon to atone for it, they then turn on their fellow workers....to justify their absence, or whatever it is they are abusing.

I watch people day in and day out, breaking laws...what you might call little laws...everyone owns this entitlement disposition....and feel, it's ok to break little laws, and its not. Without laws everything becomes chaotic and that, my friend is what is happening....

My God, it's gotten so, Police are afraid to shoot a criminal...why in Fergasen, they've erected a plaque for a criminal??????? And yet, most of these people who are being shot by police have rap sheets a mile long, and yet, those same criminals riot, and burn out stores, and jump up and down on police cars, and they're freakin kids....hundreds of them, and the next leaders of our nation. They've gotten it all wrong, b/c our community police force are afraid that one of their police men, will kill a criminal and they'll be torn apart by it. How is this right? This is psychosis? The world has changed and gone horribly wrong....when you change a law, and make it ok to break the law, each time, opens a can of worms, until next time it's worse and worse....

Yes, people are becoming sinister, the reason it's affecting the work force is b/c the work force is getting slimmer and slimmer. Companies are cutting back, not b/c they have to, but b/c they are getting greedy...Greed is what makes their decisions today...and people fear that. The work force isn't a nice place to work any longer, b/c what companies are left here in American, have no competition, so they treat their employees badly, b/c they can?

Why is this so hard for anyone to understand.....

A New Form Of psychosis, oh for God's Sake, wake up....and look around you....and listen to older people, why? Because they remember how it used to be! A person 65 years old and above, remembers what the world was like, but you, you view them as old, useless and with no knowledge....well, have you got a big surprise in for you....

Old 05-28-2015, 05:10 PM

299 posts, read 635,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
And....the kooks who thought the 2000 election was 'stolen' from Gore, that Bush's Dad's friends on the Supreme Court 'stole' the election, that Bush "lied about WMD's", that Bush planned or had previous knowledge of 9/11, that Bush was involved in shady oil deals with the Saudi royal family, that Cheney attacked Iraq to make money for Haliburton, that the oil companies are evil, that the Koch Bros are behind everything, that the entire arctic ice pack would be melted by 2012, that corporations are poisoning us with GMO's, that Republican party is racist, that Black people are being hunted down by racist White cops, that our police forces are being militarized, etc.

If you believe that skepticism of our Government and corporations is a mental disorder, which I disagree with, you have to at least apply that evenly and acknowledge that it's not unique to one political party. It's easy for partisan D's to make these accusations today when their guy is in office, but I remember well the R's making the exact same accusations when Bush was in office. The bottom line is whoever is in office, the other party distrusts & thus, they are the "conspiracy theorists" at that time.
I don't have to do anything simply because you think I should. I don't think being skeptical of the gov't. is the same as being a CT'er. In fact, it's far from it, IMO. There was nothing like the birthers when President Bush was in office. I certainly think we didn't get the truth about 9/11 but by no means does that indicate that I believed all the nutty theories that were being spread regarding President Bush being behind it. RW'ers, however, were so unable to accept the fact that President Obama was elected that they insisted there had to be something wrong with his birth certificate to the point they were trashing his parents, claiming they weren't really his parents with absolutely NOTHING to back it up. Everything regarding the birthers was debunked thoroughly. Moderate Republicans were embarrassed by RW extremists just as Democrats would be by far left extremists. These extremists are often the CT'ers. However, disagreement with aspects of gov't does not make one a CT'er.

You apparently believe that many of the things you quote in your first paragraph from the 2000 election being stolen from Gore to the Koch brothers, etc. only apply to Democrats. However, I know some Republicans who believe much of the nonsense about 9/11 and other conspiracy theories that were prevalent during President Bush's terms in office. Some of the things you mention aren't CT's IMO. They are actual facts as in Bush lied about WMD's. Cheney did make money from the Iraq war but I don't claim he wanted to attack Iraq in order to do so. The lobbyists put more than enough pressure on politicians to start wars in order to make money for the many corps. that profit from war.

The Koch brothers are behind everything? When two brothers are willing to spend as much money as either political party to finance candidates, you don't have to ask why, you know they are doing it to profit both directly and indirectly. To be quite honest, I don't know how anyone, despite their political leanings, can be happy with the legislation that allows this to happen. No single person should have anymore influence than another. We each get one vote and should each have a limit placed on our contributions as it used to be without being able to influence an election as a corporation. People are not corporations and the sooner Citizens United is overturned, the better off we will all be.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:20 AM

Bush did lie about WMD's and I voted for him? He also lied to get us to go to war with Iraq, then by strange happenings we end up in Afghanistan? Hmmmmmmm

and you have no idea how much money was wasted over there by contractors, I know B/c my son was over there....

and this isn't fear, just stating truth....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies