Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 12:37 AM

308 posts, read 500,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well, we can't turn back the clock and transport the world back 100 years now can we?

I understand there was more peace in that region before the Crusades.

I propose that any discussion on creating stability and progress towards peace in the Middle East start with recognizing the facts of the present day.

There are people who would propose the complete destruction of Israel and banishing Israeli Jews, but in my view that's not going to happen in this century.

Let's deal with reality. That means recognizing that Israel is here and not going away.
This has nothing to do with the Jews at all! Jews seem to be able to have their cake and eat it too and have it both ways, however that is NOT the point.

The issue was the displacement of Palestinean peoples. Israel should have NEVER been set up as some nation in 1948. That was the worst things and biggest travesties committed in history.

In addition Israel has been used for some political agenda to spread more hate and evil throughout the Middle East.

Israel also perpetuating genocide and eugenics. Israel is sterilizing the Ethiopian Jews and many media and news and human rights sources are bringing these travesties to light. Smfh

Old 10-05-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the big difference the Jews are not on a holy mission to glorify god by exterminating another race
Hmm, well the Azhkenazi Jews and their power structure system in Israel seems to be trying to exterminate and oppress Ethiopian Jews by sterilizing the Ethiopian Jews. Some Ethiopian Jews don't even know they are being sterilized and they find much later, after they realize that they can't conceive children (anymore) or get some other illness. Such a damn shame especially coming from God's so called Chosen People. What a horrible thing to do and way to act, especially to so called brethren of the Jewish diaspora. =(

Last edited by ParadigmizedFactions; 10-05-2013 at 12:51 AM..

Old 10-05-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
There is no "mis-translation". Everybody who speaks Farsi knows what it means. Everybody who has a brain understands the basic concepts of expressed Israeli genocide by Iranian leaders, which is in violation of UN Chapter 2. Too many apologetics for accountability of Iran's actions just because its Israel. If Iran said this to "big satan", there would be miraculously no "mis translation." But because its against the Jewish State and few want their existence around, it's "mis-translated."
Iran does NOT have an issue with the Jews. There are plenty of Iranian Jews and Persian Jews. They have an issue with Israel, which is an oppressive and apartheid like state or nation.

Also not even all Jews are pro Israel!

Old 10-05-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Lol you're quit the character.
Don't you mean "quite*"??

And what exactly are you referring to?

¿How am I quite* the character?

Old 10-05-2013, 12:48 AM

And Israel has a whole bunch of nuclear weapons. Israel has over 400 weapons which can cause harm. Of course the USA won't say diddly squat about that. If Israel did something the USA didn't like or got on the USA's bad side, you know for sure the tables would turn on Israel real fast. The minute the USA cuts off relations and ties with Israel, is when Usrael will fall flat on it's face. Would be very interesting to see.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:01 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,525,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's been widely reported that Israel has approximately 400 nuclear warheads, with the ability to deliver them by Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, aircraft and submarines. And, in addition to it's nuclear arsenal, Israel has the 3rd or 4th strongest Air Force in the world, with over 1,600 fighter, bomber and attack aircraft.

Iran a threat to Israel? I don't think so.
Israel is surrounded by enemies, they NEED their strong military....

Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,096,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Meowt View Post
Rejected. There is plenty of disagreement among Farsi speakers on what it means. I understand that you'd like to take ownership of the meaning and intent of what Ahmedinejad said, but you're clearly a biased observer with a axe to grind.
Well I'm not sure who which of you're farsi friends does not understand their own language but the Islamic Republic of Iran says otherwise.

IRIB PERSIAN NEWS PAGE

Quote:
And everyone who's capable of being truthful and honest understands that the idiom you want applied there simply doesn't exist in Farsi.
It was reported on Iranian broadcast what the man said. There are banners all through or were through out Iran of Israel being whipped off the map.

Quote:
"Accountability?" WTF do you want done? Besides, Ahmedinejad's out of office, so now what?
He is already out of office. I want their nuclear program to be dismantled.

Quote:
I love people who act tough with their straw men. It highlights just how utterly vapid and meritless their positions actually are.
I love it when someone a "miss-translation" even if true somehow equates to another meaning not expressing harm to another country. Although Iran has said it many times in many ways, fully documented. You refuse to accept this information because it is about the Jewish people.

Quote:
I particularly enjoyed the part where you immediately came rushing out of your box, screaming and swinging your fists and trying to make me out as somehow anti-Israel. I'm not, but if I were, I'd certainly blame raging, unreasonable people like you for pushing me in that direction.

Here's a hint, Punkin. You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Think about it.
Until you can provide some evidence that this is a miss-translation and debunk years and years of anti-Israel rhetoric from Iran, you know what you are.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's been widely reported that Israel has approximately 400 nuclear warheads, with the ability to deliver them by Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, aircraft and submarines. And, in addition to it's nuclear arsenal, Israel has the 3rd or 4th strongest Air Force in the world, with over 1,600 fighter, bomber and attack aircraft.

Iran a threat to Israel? I don't think so.
Did you ever see the movie, "Fail Safe" - the one from 1964?

Old 10-05-2013, 06:48 AM

408 posts, read 394,080 times
Quote:
Well I'm not sure who which of you're farsi friends does not understand their own language but the Islamic Republic of Iran says otherwise.

IRIB PERSIAN NEWS PAGE
(laughing)

I *know* that IRIB posted that story; that's where the whole controversy came from. I also know that *many* Farsi speakers around the world, including language scholars at Western universities, pointed out -- right after that story was posted -- that the 'wiped off the map' idiom simply does not exist in Farsi.

You apparently got carried away, as many others did, and didn't bother to follow up or look any more closely into the matter. Your lack of inquiry does you no credit.

Quote:
He is already out of office. I want their nuclear program to be dismantled.
So do I.

Quote:
I love it when someone a "miss-translation" even if true somehow equates to another meaning not expressing harm to another country. Although Iran has said it many times in many ways, fully documented. You refuse to accept this information because it is about the Jewish people.
Rejected. You have absolutely no standing to claim what I think, believe or feel. Now leap around, squeal some more and act indignant as if that will somehow cause me to change my mind and agree with you.

I've been quite clear in saying that there are plenty of other reasons to disagree with and to oppose Ahmedinejad and people like him; you're quite simply being dishonest when you try to redirect the issue to somehow be indicative of my opinion of the Jewish people. Quite simply put, I didn't bring them up or mention them because I wasn't *talking about them.*

Quote:
Until you can provide some evidence that this is a miss-translation and debunk years and years of anti-Israel rhetoric from Iran, you know what you are.
[/quote]

Yes, I'm someone who actually *looked into* what Ahmedinejad actually said and who didn't automatically buy what he was told the words meant. But in any event, I love how *thoroughly* dishonest you are.

I don't owe you or anyone else any response to "years and years of anti-Israel rhetoric from Iran" because I made no comment on it. I pointed towards the mistranslation only, and anything else you're drawing from that is quite simply confabulation on your part.

I don't owe you or anyone else evidence regarding the mistranslation, because it is empirically evident. That idiom *doesn't exist* in Farsi.

Unless and until you can provide some evidence that the English idiom 'wipe off the map' is directly and precisely transferable and translatable into Farsi, then I don't really care what you think.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,759,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I guess they leasrned it from the threat masters, the USA.
At various times during my life countries that the USA clained threated them include, Vietnam, Various Central American countries, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Granada, the USSR, China, Chile, Pakistan, Libya, Afganistan and others.
And of course no foreign countries ever threatened the U.S.---Vietnam, Various Central American countries, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Granada, the USSR, China, Chile, Pakistan, Libya, Afganistan and others. Lets include Germany and Japan on that list also in recent history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies