Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Republicans don't care about their radicals. Who are they going to vote for? Obama?

Of course Democrats don't care about their radicals either. Who are they going to vote for? Romney?

I pick none of the above, I'll write in, or vote independent/third party.
The difference is the Dems radicals do not become front runners
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 03:57 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Obama's Wall Street bailout failure - U.S. Economy - Salon.com

» Obama’s Back Door Bailout of Wall Street - Big Government

The auto bailout was ok but they should have been allowed to fail

You are too blindly partisan to know the truth that Obama is just like Bush and will be the same as Romney

They are in bed with the same handlers..... educate yourself

Wall St running the White House is not the answer
Changing subjects NOW. Too funny.

I'm not saying Obama doesn't cater to Wall Street.

i am disputing your contention Obama bailed out Wall Street. That is factually wrong. it was under Bush.

The auto companies' success PROVES the bailout for the carmakers was a good idea.

I love how you simultaneously hold opposite opinions on that subject.

Can't give Obama one shred of credit, huh?

Old 01-31-2012, 03:59 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
One step at a time. First priority is to rid this country of the Communist radicals that are trying to pull off their revolution.

What are you going after W and his hood rats finally? Oh wait, they pulled off their coup... and no one did a thing.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:00 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Whats the plan to get the GOP back to being a serious political party?

Top priority would be a divorce from the religious right. Until that happens, they'll continue to shrink.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Top priority would be a divorce from the religious right. Until that happens, they'll continue to shrink.
That would be a good start

Old 01-31-2012, 04:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Unless you have a crystal ball, you have nothing! nota. The majority of people i know of who truly voted for Obama in 08, and there were quite a few, will not this time around.

I have no idea who they will be voting for not my business, unless they choose to tell me. But they in no uncertain terms, will vote for Obama in 08. Why they have told me they are not happy with his performance, or like his attitude, and that is their rights as voters. They are not thrilled with this policies, or his administration in any way shape or form.

They bought into as everyone else who voted for him, A prosperous Country with such great Hope n' Change, and this they do not see.

So unless you have insider information, all you have like any of us is mere speculation, and no more.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:11 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Unless you have a crystal ball, you have nothing! nota. The majority of people i know of who truly voted for Obama in 08, and there were quite a few, will not this time around.

I have no idea who they will be voting for not my business, unless they choose to tell me. But they in no uncertain terms, will vote for Obama in 08. Why they have told me they are not happy with his performance, or like his attitude, and that is their rights as voters. They are not thrilled with this policies, or his administration in any way shape or form.

They bought into as everyone else who voted for him, A prosperous Country with such great Hope n' Change, and this they do not see.

So unless you have insider information, all you have like any of us is mere speculation, and no more.
I voted for Obama in 2008. I am voting third party or independent this time. Even if I have to write in a candidate, I will not vote for either of the two loons with an R or a D behind their name.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:37 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
Quote:
You have obviously been living with blinders on lately so I don't think I can rationalize using facts to a blind partisan.... but here goes
I came to America as a independant leaning to the right. I cheered when Bush got his second term. I was pretty neutral but believed that Bush and the right were the party that had positive policies as opposed to the really awful... " I have a plan " Kerry... who never did tell us his plan.
I was in for a rude awakening........... Bush was pathetic and a complete failure... the right said a lot but did nothing except put America into the worst recession ever...... quite a achievement in 8 years of administration after Clinton had gotten America into pretty good shape.
Living in America without party partisanship allowed me to look at both parties fairly. I could never in my wildest dreams imagine how the Republican party could be so anal, destructive, bigotted, elitist, greedy and just plain bad for America. It was wquite a shock but unfortunately true. The Repubican party absolutely refuse to come into the 21st Century and seem to want to refight every war throughout American history and bring back slavery but this time for the poorer Americans and not just Afro- Americans. The right are pious and have far too many religous nuts on board. Religion should be a personal thing NOT a badge to be worn by the righteous Republican chosen few.
Today i see hatred on both sides but the right are more intent on getting in to power than rebuilding America.......... very sad but shows that they have learned absolutely nothing over the past 11 years. As far as facts..... you haven't used any yet in your arguments.... so why start now?

Did or did not Obama bail out the banks and big corps?
Sorry but i actually saw Bush sign the first bailout before Obama had even taken office. Bush got the bailout rolling not Obama. The Right then told Obama to let the Auto industry fail and not give them help.... luckily Obama ignored the right and also brought in "cash for clunkers" ( that the right decried) and now the American Auto industry is succesful again and employing thousands once again. Obama has repeatedly told wall street and the wealthy that they must accept reponsibility for America's recession and change their practices but the right has opposed every bill that the President has submitted to get jobs back and stop corporation greed.

Who are some of Obamas biggest donors?
The politics in the USA today is awful in regard to funding...... look at the primaries....... Wealthy wins the race. You cannot get into office here unless you have multi million dollar backers... this is everyone not just Obama......... you cannot even run for office anymore without huge cash injections.... this should be changed but Capitalism gone mad rules America.
Be careful before you lie... blind partisanship is a dangerous thing.... as you have demonstrated
Please do not call me a liar as that is not called for and far from true and as far as partisanship...... as i have already said.... i have NOT been brought up here with many years of family political partisan bias under my belt as you and millions have here.
Obama will probably go down in history as one of the most succesful Presidents in America's history........ maybe if the Republican party now cleans up its act it might produce a President that is for America and not just their party......... possible but not likely with todays neo cons on the right.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:49 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Please do not call me a liar as that is not called for and far from true and as far as partisanship...... as i have already said.... i have NOT been brought up here with many years of family political partisan bias under my belt as you and millions have here.
Obama will probably go down in history as one of the most succesful Presidents in America's history........ maybe if the Republican party now cleans up its act it might produce a President that is for America and not just their party......... possible but not likely with todays neo cons on the right.
So you admit that Obama is elected by the same powers that will decide other presidencies including the right wing?

There is an acute sickness of the soul in America and I am sorry to say if ANYONE is willing to "settle" for the "lesser of 2 evils" then you suffer from it.

This is not the America that got out there and protested in numbers in the 60's and got real change

Todays America is ignorant and brainwashed bya faux change that has mindless drones actually believing he is one of the best ever. Obama AND Bush do the same things for those scumbags... and you rationalized it by saying "well, uhhh Bush did it first"

No, the current GOP is not the answer, but neither is Obama

You have bought in to the crap that the Dems have sold to the easily led. They are the same party using the media to divide the people on tiny social issues

Old 01-31-2012, 04:56 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
So you admit that Obama is elected by the same powers that will decide other presidencies including the right wing?

There is an acute sickness of the soul in America and I am sorry to say if ANYONE is willing to "settle" for the "lesser of 2 evils" then you suffer from it.

This is not the America that got out there and protested in numbers in the 60's and got real change

Todays America is ignorant and brainwashed bya faux change that has mindless drones actually believing he is one of the best ever. Obama AND Bush do the same things for those scumbags... and you rationalized it by saying "well, uhhh Bush did it first"

No, the current GOP is not the answer, but neither is Obama

You have bought in to the crap that the Dems have sold to the easily led. They are the same party using the media to divide the people on tiny social issues
Damn I couldn't agree more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies