Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The Political System in the USA is broken. That is proven over and over again but unfortunately to get change in the USA is like "pulling a tooth".
Fear is the key to success in America. Watch any debate about anything in the USA and you will see that to win you must destroy the opposition instead of letting people know why you should get their vote. This primary race is a good example of what i mean.......... Romney has won Florida, for example, because he could spend millions on ATTACK ADS..... instead of winning on his own merit.
Money gone mad is now what leads America by the nose NOT common sense or even inteligent thought.
Every aspect of life in America is now wealth driven and if you are not wealthy well you can have the "scraps from the table" but please don't get above yourself and think you are a free & equal member of society........ only the wealthy have that honour.
The Republican party has this sense of entitlement more than any other group in the USA. America was NOT built on money makers but by industry and hard work. A fair days pay for a hard days work is no longer the case in the USA........... Low pay, Long Hours, No rights, Bad Education, Extremely expensive health care and absolutely NO job security is now the norm for middle and lower American........... CHARITY is the only way forward for millions in today's America.
President Obama understands that and has tried and tried to pass good bills to move America forward but the Republican held Congress has blocked his every move, even to the point of getting the USA downgraded by S&P after the debt ceiling fiasco........ raising the debt ceiling has occured so many times under many Presidents but this time the Republicans have excelled themselves in power crazy lunacy.
The Republican party hyave NOT shown any reason why America should vote for tham and are putting all their eggs in the basket of trying to scare the voters into not voting for Obama... a case of gettintg into power by default.
If the right wants to beat Obama then show us what you've got and the American people can see if you have a real plan or are just "bags of wind".
No one can deny that to get America completely out of the huge recession that engulfed it before Obama took office will take huge cash injections, more incoming revenue, revitalising American industy, better control of the big banks and corporations, tax reform, complete health reform, education reform, border control, reform of the mortgage system, lessen our dependency on oil, etc etc etc etc etc etc....... and this cannot be done in one term or probably a few terms but Obama IS getting us out of the deep hole we were in. Look at the rest of the World and then you will see that Obama is doing a good job.
Obama will probably get a second term.... not by fear tactics but on his record.
The Republican party must get its act together if it ever wants to be a force in American politics as right now it has lost its way and hasn't even got a compass to find its way back home.
Partisan Politics fails America and if there is no desire by either party to negotiate then America will sink until it becomes second fiddle to China.
Get real people and stop this blame game but work TOGETHER for America NOT for the petty partisan money machine.
People like yourself are the reason that the political system is broken. s I pointed out in my last post, blind partisanship like this is ignorant. Until people stop pointing fingers and blaming the other side blindly... this sickness of the soul will continue. The blatant cntradictions are staggering... you say " we have to stop all this partisanship" while a second later.. "Obama is god, it is all the other sides fault" wow... has the free thinkers among us out here shaking our heads. They are both to blame for Americas downfall

Obama, Romney, Bush.... it DOES NOT MATTER... they are the same thing.... and the partisans will continue to bicker over nothing.... your post is proof of this sickness of which I speak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 01:12 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Obamacare has kicked in a long time ago. It will kick in fully by 2014. Stop using it for excuse. And there was no Obamacare for extended periods of 2000s when economy grew barely over a 1% (or dipped below zero). You should know.

So, in your opionion, saddling an ailing economy with more and more impediments is just fine?

Whatever happened to helping the economy?

Old 02-01-2012, 01:16 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Take another swig of the kool-aid. Even the CBO predicts that unemployment will spike again over 9% and the "reduction" in unemployment numbers are due to people who have simply given up looking for jobs.

Every liberal, regardless of his performance, will vote for Obama. However, rational people who want the nation to improve will abandon his failed policies and throw him out of office.

Obama loses in a landslide.
Predictions are like a**holes.

The FACTS say the economy is improving. You're the one with your head buried in the sand if you can't acknowledge the economy has grown.

The Kool-aid line is so friggin' old. And inappropriate. Tired.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:19 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Wow, this is some very typical left wing material....deny, deny, deny. It is no wonder most of America views left wingers as crackpots with brainiacs such as this!
What did I deny?

Nothing.

Your reading comprehension is that of a child. WHat a partisan honk. I love the hypocrisy of questioning my intellect when YOU MAKE THINGS UP I SAID!

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!!!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:36 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
[quote=Sunnysee;22794284]Ohhh, I am very good at the psychology of these things. I'll give you some very likely clues/hints.

After the Communist president subverts the election and wins again, and as you suggest Boehner and others are ready to rid themselves of the Patriots, etc....how it will happen is that they first will go "full throttle for Obama."

First, they'll start airing this TV commercial again, as was done right after BO's historic election! This will be to get the youth ready to serve the annointed one, and it will give heart attacks to the ones that hate BO, and get rid of them faster.

Ashton Kutcher's Creepy Pledge - YouTube

If we go by these two's relationship, President Obama may not make it. Kind of creepy anything that endorses President Obama or he endorses doesn't last or win.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:27 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So, in your opionion, saddling an ailing economy with more and more impediments is just fine?

Whatever happened to helping the economy?
health care is a drag on the economy. when i spent over 10 grand in extra insurance premiums to have a baby, that was money that wasn't circulating in the local economy.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Fairer? How? We already have 40% or more of Americans not paying any income taxes, and the CEO of the corporation which paid ZERO income taxes last year, is sitting on the board as an adviser to Obama.
Obama has consistantly pushed for a fairer tax code. He has told the Country (His wealthy friends too) that high earners MUST pay more in taxes...... he hasn't given a green light to any CEO's or corporations to get lower taxes.

Obama has had three years to make the taxes fairer, and all he has done is passed the buck, and kept current tax rates in place, all the while conducting a class warfare campaign to demonize anyone making over $200,000 and dividing the nation.
Obama has been stopped over and over again from getting rid of the failed Bush tax cuts. He only agreed to extending the tax cuts as the alternative was raising taxes on the lower paid....... Congress is the reason that Obama has NOT been able to make the taxes paid in this Country fairer.
Anyone who thinks $200,000 a year is NOT a good salary and should get huge tax exemptions is living in fairy land.

It's campaign time, and Obama is acting like he has been on Mars the past three years, and is making all new promises to fix all the things he has been freaking ignoring.... and the drones and fools buy up his campaign rhetoric, as if "he really means it this time.... honest".
Hopefully now that the American people have seen how obstructive the Republican led Congress has been over the past two years, when Obama wins his next term, Americans will make sure that both houses have large democratic majorities so that our President can get his bills passed and carry on his job of restoring our economy, jobs, education and health care. President Obama has already done a great job in starting the recovery after being left a Country in tatters.... even with the Republicans trying to thwart his every move..... and the next four years will see America moving away from the bad policies and inept leadership of 8 years of Bush. In 2010 Americans voted Republicans into the House and as governers... as often happens mid term BUT they now regret it BIG TIME.
Wonder why?????????????

Old 02-01-2012, 03:35 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
[quote=3~Shepherds;22804210]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Ohhh, I am very good at the psychology of these things. I'll give you some very likely clues/hints.

After the Communist president subverts the election and wins again, and as you suggest Boehner and others are ready to rid themselves of the Patriots, etc....how it will happen is that they first will go "full throttle for Obama."

First, they'll start airing this TV commercial again, as was done right after BO's historic election! This will be to get the youth ready to serve the annointed one, and it will give heart attacks to the ones that hate BO, and get rid of them faster.

Ashton Kutcher's Creepy Pledge - YouTube

If we go by these two's relationship, President Obama may not make it. Kind of creepy anything that endorses President Obama or he endorses doesn't last or win.
Interesting observation which I can't find fault with. Hmmm....yeah, he has some real "Winners-not" that stand for him.

Creepy that they dressed like school kids! There can only be one reason which of course was to brainwash the youth for BO. They must really like the school kids chanting and singing in hitleristic fashion, about BO.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:47 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Start by developing candidates who dont try to appeal to the fringe groups.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:19 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
I'm going to wake up from my nightmare and laugh my ass off at all of the *******s who worship him for no reason... then I'm going to wait for them to blame his crushing loss on race since that's the only thing they really have left to blame.

Gallup state numbers predict huge Obama loss | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies