Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 07:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times

Advertisements

Santorum/Palin 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 07:12 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Santorum/Palin 2012
Part of me thinks that might be the best possible outcome for the R primary--get the far right out there in the general, let them lose by a landslide, watch them retreat back into the woodwork, and let the more moderate grownups take back control of the R party.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
stay crazy rick

"Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said Thursday that President Obama wants more young adults to go to college so they can undergo "indoctrination" to a secular world view."

Santorum: Obama wants to 'indoctrinate' students by boosting college enrollment - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
It seems Santorum was not able to handle the pressure of being the top dog in the race. As soon as he became #1 runner, he started uttering comments which are sure to destroy his chances. First he ran on spiritual superiority, and then he started making up stuff like this.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:23 AM

994 posts, read 725,365 times
Quote:
stay crazy rick

"Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said Thursday that President Obama wants more young adults to go to college so they can undergo "indoctrination" to a secular world view."

Santorum: Obama wants to 'indoctrinate' students by boosting college enrollment - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Sounds right to me.

Looking at the page after page of liberals slamming Santorum, what comes to mind is Shakespeare's "the lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Now I don't think Obama sits there and says to himself "I wish more people would go to college so they can be indocrinated!" That's kind of silly.

However, I do think that he and all the Democratic leadership are aware that universities are liberal and want it that way.

I mean look at the Arizona law saying don't bring politics into the classroom. Who opposed that? liberals. The law didn't specify any particular politics. The law was entirely neutral. What's not to like about objectivity in education? So why wasn't support bipartisan? Because liberals knew the schools were biased their way, so requiring schools to be objective would hurt them.

So, is Obama trying to push young people into college for the purpose of indoctrination? No. But is Obama aware that college is biased towards his own party and doing nothing to make it more objective? Of course he is.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:24 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
stay crazy rick

I think that most people who've closely observed Santorum speak understand he's an extremist, one given to exaggerating, not telling the truth. He's cried "Wolf!" so often nobody is taking what he's saying seriously. Well, except the 'choir.'

Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Part of me thinks that might be the best possible outcome for the R primary--get the far right out there in the general, let them lose by a landslide, watch them retreat back into the woodwork, and let the more moderate grownups take back control of the R party.
It makes for a win/win situation. The "conservative" movement ought to be put in place, better sooner than later.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
stay crazy rick

So I guess he believes a lack of eduacation is the path to enlightenment? I can't wait to hedar how Kindergarten is just another Satanic plot.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:14 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
We don't need no education.....

Old 02-24-2012, 08:27 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Jeez, first he showed his anti-woman side, now we're getting his anti-education angle. What a piece of work!
He's a nut. He appeals to the fringe only.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Sounds right to me.

Looking at the page after page of liberals slamming Santorum, what comes to mind is Shakespeare's "the lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Now I don't think Obama sits there and says to himself "I wish more people would go to college so they can be indocrinated!" That's kind of silly.

However, I do think that he and all the Democratic leadership are aware that universities are liberal and want it that way.

I mean look at the Arizona law saying don't bring politics into the classroom. Who opposed that? liberals. The law didn't specify any particular politics. The law was entirely neutral. What's not to like about objectivity in education? So why wasn't support bipartisan? Because liberals knew the schools were biased their way, so requiring schools to be objective would hurt them.

So, is Obama trying to push young people into college for the purpose of indoctrination? No. But is Obama aware that college is biased towards his own party and doing nothing to make it more objective? Of course he is.
So if you take that logic to its conclusion, every conservative CEO, small business owner, professional, elected official, religious leader, etc. etc. must not have a college education, because the liberal indoctrination on college campuses is so strong that almost every student will be brainwashed? The other end of your logic is that being well educated automatically makes people more liberal. I find both of those lines of thought insulting to conservatives, and irrational. A college education is important because a better educated population can contribute more to the economy and help us compete internationally. End of story. The republicans should be pushing as hard, if not harder than the D's to raise education levels simply because we're supposed to be the party of business...but here we are. As a party, right now we're riding the crazy train to nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies