Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 12:25 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No, they did it one better. They planted drugs on black and Latino "suspects."
Well,I suppose that's possible, do you have any links to stories?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:39 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,534 times
Blacks just need to quit blaming their personal failures on their color. People need to quit teaching their kids that white people are bad. It's time to stop whining and get on with life. Other minorities have.
If whites have it easier, its because they manage their lives better.
Bill Cosby gets it, and the black people hate him for it.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So is the proportion of wealth, so the tax base should be dominated by those who stole - I mean, have - more wealth.
^ This is why no one takes leftist race rhetoric seriously.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:46 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Bingo, I thought the same thing when I read his BS but didn't take the time to comment. This is exactly why people ignore this race baiting.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Blacks just need to quit blaming their personal failures on their color. People need to quit teaching their kids that white people are bad. It's time to stop whining and get on with life. Other minorities have.
Black people don't hate Bill Cosby. On a whole the majority of us love Bill Cosby and agree with what he said.

But on topic, yes I do feel that white people have it easier and this mostly has to do with the criminal justice system and jobs IMO. The criminal justice system is more harsh or black and Latino defendants than on white defendants who committed the same crimes (sometimes worse crimes). It has been shown in numerous studies that a white man with a felony would get hired over a black man without a criminal background. I do not know why people deny this, but it is the truth so in this way whites do have it better.

That said, I feel that poor white people have it almost as bad. They can more easily get a job and may get less years in the pen if they commit a crime, but they also face the ills of poverty and many, especially in rural communities also face discrimination from wealthier white people. People also expect more of them so they will be looked down upon by those who feel they are a waste of potential more than other groups, especially black people, who a lot of folks don't expect anything of anyway.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Well,I suppose that's possible, do you have any links to stories?
Why, yes, I certainly do.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...or_quotas.html

NYPD Narcotics Detective Admits Cops Regularly Plant Drugs On Perps: Gothamist

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/ny...ects&st=Search

Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I don't have any personal failures. And I don't teach my kids that white people are bad - but that enough of the ones who are in power are to adversely affect our lives.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the white felon getting the same callback rate as a clean black is the most troublesome thing.

it proves that too many white hiring managers are fixated on race.
This is probably due to the fact that if fired, a white felon will not bring forth a frivolous lawsuit based on bogus claims racial discrimination. Too many black employees have cried wolf and now it's back firing in the form of liabilities.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Other than that "leftist race rhetoric" boilerplate, I don't see any real response.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
This is probably due to the fact that if fired, a white felon will not bring forth a frivolous lawsuit based on bogus claims racial discrimination.
Maybe the white felon shouldn't be getting a quick inside track to a job in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies