Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 02:54 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,523,734 times

Advertisements

It amazes me that people will look at individuals who use WIC and the like and say they are part of the decline of the nation. I sit and watch (read) with amazement that they obviously have not sat back and looked in the mirror. Just because one does not need assistance does not mean they are not toxic to this nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 03:07 PM

74 posts, read 52,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
How do you know you're going to be on welfare? Do you consult a crystal ball, an astrologist, the star charts ... How do you do it?
If you are already on welfare I mean.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:45 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What about the clowns that pull the strings? Should'nt they have some self control and dignity? After all if it was not for the unconditional greed of many of them this country would not be in the crisis that it is in now. As far as you asking your representatives to do anything, Ha! good luck on that one! If you don't have the money to disuade them you are looked at as some clown with a horn in a middle of a busy intersection.....seen but not heard. Besides, they have enough uneducated fools to replace your vote anyway.
You've already lost.

I would not have you on my team under any circumstances.

WE put those "clowns" in power, WE can take them out!

The Tea Party actually DID what everyone says they want to do. We threw the bums out, (most of whom where republicans) and we'll do so again and again and again......

People are too wrapped up in left vs. right while the politicians allow us to be savaged.

Hold their feet to the fire.

Ask them why they vote the way they do.....make them prove the constitutionality of their actions. They work for YOU.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
WIC was NOT "set up to help those who can't feed their children".

It was established because too many babies were being born with problems due to malnutrition of the mother. It was deemed easier to feed low income pregnant women than it was to care for the infants born with major health problems due to lack of proper nutrition.
Young children growing up in poverty need to eat healthy foods - just like children everywhere; proper nutrition feeds the body and the mind.

I have read this whole thread. I take the stance that WIC is a good program that does not need cutting. (Yes, I used it 30 years ago.)

This is the history of WIC...
fanrr27c.pdf (application/pdf Object)
Where is the constitutional authority for our government to provide such a service?

Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm responsible. Unfortunately I don't live everyone else's life for them and neither do you. We know that lot's of people are ignorant, unlucky, irresponsible and others are downright stupid. FACTS. That's the problem with this argument, it always hits that wall. HENCE..not simple is it?
It really is this simple....STOP SENDING CHECKS!

Two generations and all will be fine.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-side View Post
we need to exterminate everyone on welfare so their will be no poor people as well as no blacks and mexicans, just a white, pure america. the one it was meant to be.
Put the pipe down and pick up a dictionary.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Again, giving "free" birth control means you're taking MY money to give to someone else. If women truly wanted to "take control of their own bodies" they would make sure it included birth control.
Just think about your tax dollars going for smart bombs or oil subsidies if it'll make you feel better.

Quote:
I have no children, by choice. I took steps throughout my entire life to make sure I never got pregnant, and it NEVER included someone else paying for it. Funny how "choice" only pertains to abortion, and never reproductive responsibility.
And those choices belong to those who are involved in the reproductive choices. Not me. Not you. Not politicians.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It really is this simple....STOP SENDING CHECKS!

Two generations and all will be fine.
Why do you keep repeating when it's already been proven false? If it will all be fine it all would have been fine before WIC...yet it wasn't.
The only way simple solutions by simple minded people would work is if you are ok destroying all those who can't live up to the expectations. If that's what you believe then admit it. Just let them die and they won't bother us anymore. Until new ones are born that is...

Old 02-29-2012, 06:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm responsible. Unfortunately I don't live everyone else's life for them and neither do you. We know that lot's of people are ignorant, unlucky, irresponsible and others are downright stupid. FACTS. That's the problem with this argument, it always hits that wall. HENCE..not simple is it?
But look how rapidly they are increasing in number. The more money we throw at this problem the worse it becomes.

There are more people on welfare now than ever, more children being born into food stamps, WIC, and Medicaid because all these welfare handouts really do encourage irresponsibility.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
It amazes me that people will look at individuals who use WIC and the like and say they are part of the decline of the nation. I sit and watch (read) with amazement that they obviously have not sat back and looked in the mirror. Just because one does not need assistance does not mean they are not toxic to this nation.
What do you suppose is going to happen when the moochers begin to outnumber those who work and pay for it all?

There will soon be a breaking point. The government is in very deep debt as it is, and the government welfare class is rapidly growing. The working taxpayers are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies