Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 09:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
And you just pissed off the religious folk.
They're pretty much perpetually POed at lots of things. Me being on that list doesn't change much of anything for them or me.

Quote:
Did you know that only twelve states have the biological father pay child support in the case where the mother of the child is married to another man? If my wife was to get pregnant in one of the other 38 states by another man I am still liable for child support even after a divorce and I cannot go after the biological father. Probably not relevant but f*****g ridiculous. Yeah....babies daddy's need to pay up.
Darn straight.

Quote:
You just pissed of the religious folk again.
Yeah...

Oh, well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 09:54 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,445,711 times
Quote:
And a lot more than just drivers thank you for that

I had to....it was just too easy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome....
What charities get all your $$, or are you too selfish and give it to your kids, who can help contribute to the pollution of the earth?
I may be no saint, but at least I place others (that I choose, charities), over my self-interests, upon my demise.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:03 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,164,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Keep supporting the right wingers, especially the religious loons. Contraceptives should never be used and every birth is a blessing in their eyes
I don't think the people who are having lots of babies and drawing lots of social services are right wingers.

And the OP didn't say a single thing about denying contraceptives. You're reaching.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:08 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:
And you just pissed off the religious folk.

Did you know that only twelve states have the biological father pay child support in the case where the mother of the child is married to another man? If my wife was to get pregnant in one of the other 38 states by another man I am still liable for child support even after a divorce and I cannot go after the biological father. Probably not relevant but f*****g ridiculous. Yeah....babies daddy's need to pay up.

You just pissed of the religious folk again.
I don't think a man should be made to pay for child that is living with a woman who remarried or married another man...of course, that is just me.

In New Jersey, as a man, if you live in a household with a woman and her child from another relationship..they can deem you the "psychological father" and force you to adhere to child support in the event you separate.

So, if they can deem a man who is not the father "psychologically attached" and force him to pay child support in the event the biological father is a deadbeat, why can't they deem a biological father "unattached" in the event the child is in a stable two parent home with the custodial mother and her new partner??

The court is soooooo arbitrary with CS guidelines...I've seen judges tell women flat out they are being greedy and I have seen some judges, who I gleaned were bitter and possibly having agendas (yes they were female), raking men over the coals...

CS and Family Court needs a MAJOR overhaul.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoPlayer17 View Post
Granted, both the parent(s) and the child benefit. But would you cut off your nose to spite your face?
It's a sensitive area indeed.... It's a shame that many people use their poor judgment and their children as bludgeons. It's just the fact of the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

Totally incorrect? Please explain....
Not knowing the specifics of WIC i do believe that for the first few months (if not a year) the majority of what they can get is powdered formula and then later baby food. How does that not benefit a child? Is the mother drinking the powered formula?

Even once they get older I think all they get is cereal, cheese, dry beans, peanut butter and tuna. I heard from a friend they now get a fresh fruit voucher all of which CAN be eaten by a parent but I still don't understand how you can say that makes my comment "totally incorrect"
In addition, vegetables with that voucher. So, yes, it would make your statement incorrect because clearly the adult can consume said items.

Also, during the first few months where they are receiving formula....how active do you think mothers are postpartum trying to get off the dole??

They are in most instances, under my guess, going deep into the program to get the full range of consumables .

Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome....
What charities get all your $$, or are you too selfish and give it to your kids, who can help contribute to the pollution of the earth?
I may be no saint, but at least I place others (that I choose, charities), over my self-interests, upon my demise.
For a retired guy you are one angry dude. I made a simple joke and you freak out. BTW "self-interests" is a form of selfishness.

Without children the human race would die. So you propose no one has children and just let the human race disappear? Makes sense.

Charity starts at home IMO. Ever hear that quote? I don't contribute $$ to charity. I save it for my family, my child's education and as a just in case so if something does happen my family and I are not a burden on society.

What I do give is my time. I volunteer. I coordinate. I help. Some people give money. Some people do the work. Writing a check is easy to do but it's still appreciated nonetheless.

Last edited by tluv00; 02-28-2012 at 10:31 AM..

Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Totally incorrect? Please explain....
Not knowing the specifics of WIC i do believe that for the first few months (if not a year) the majority of what they can get is powdered formula and then later baby food. How does that not benefit a child? Is the mother drinking the powered formula?

Even once they get older I think all they get is cereal, cheese, dry beans, peanut butter and tuna. I heard from a friend they now get a fresh fruit voucher all of which CAN be eaten by a parent but I still don't understand how you can say that makes my comment "totally incorrect"
Free food means the parent does not have to spend the money on the free food so in essence it's giving the parents money by not forcing to spend it.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Keep supporting the right wingers, especially the religious loons. Contraceptives should never be used and every birth is a blessing in their eyes
It certainly is......until the kid is actually born.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think a lot of us who work for a living would agree with this.

I think that in order to keep the welfare roles smaller, we should make birth control free and easily available to ALL women nationwide. A much greater effort should also be made to enforce the absent father's financial responsibility for his offspring. And abortions should not be limited.

Someone else's kids need to be someone else's duty.

I took care of mine.
Again, giving "free" birth control means you're taking MY money to give to someone else. If women truly wanted to "take control of their own bodies" they would make sure it included birth control.

I have no children, by choice. I took steps throughout my entire life to make sure I never got pregnant, and it NEVER included someone else paying for it. Funny how "choice" only pertains to abortion, and never reproductive responsibility.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:52 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,445,711 times
Quote:
For a retired guy you are one angry dude. I made a simple joke and you freak out. BTW "self-interests" is a form of selfishness.

You must be kidding. I could not be happier. Want to fly on a G4?
My statement of 'self-interests' is not really applicable to me, as I will give everything away to those I feel need it.

Without children the human race would die. So you propose no one has children and just let the human race disappear? Makes sense.

As I have stated in other posts, maintaining a constant population is a good idea. Exponential growth is not.

Charity starts at home IMO. Ever hear that quote? I don't contribute $$ to charity. I save it for my family, my child's education and as a just in case so if something does happen my family and I are not a burden on society.

I can (and often do) donate all my time to charitable organizations. Read my other posts. What were YOU doing on Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day? Come visit me then and let me serve you a free meal at a shelter.

If you are saving for your child's education, then you should fully (100%) fund his public (or private) school education. I hope you do. My taxes funded 3 students, yet I never utilized the school system. Can you write me a check?

'I save for my family'. Purely self-interest.

What I do give is my time. I volunteer. I coordinate. I help. Some people give money. Some people do the work. Writing a check is easy to do but it's still appreciated nonetheless.

I do both. My time (lots of it), and my resources. Let's not do tit-for-tat, as it wouldn't be fair to you.
Mine in red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies