Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:05 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
[/b]

I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't believe the hatred and vile words I heard upon the announcement of Mr. Breitbart's death. One radio talk show host was so vile - he never even bothered to express his sympathy to the widow and children. He just blasted away his joy at the man's death. I will NEVER listen to that show again. Did the WH even issue a statement on Breitbart's death? Of course, with this administration's bias, perhaps its better if they didn't.

Wow, really?

So you were, what, in a cave when Ted Kennedy died?
Or perhaps, really born yesterday?

Old 03-02-2012, 01:09 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Once again, sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. Did he call the parents of the murdered soldiers in Iraq?

Yup, that's our president. Mr. "I-will-not-rest-until-every-American-has-employment"

Mr. Obama contacts every family that loses someone due to the wars.
Or, are you suggesting that would be "sticking his nose in where is doesn't belong?"

Hard to believe that people find something wrong with common courtesy, but, there you are.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
Everyone stop and think about this. This college woman, gives a sob story about 40 percent of students not being able to afford birth control, and the media and liberals think everyone should eat it up. ITS A SOB STORY ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My God what the hell is wrong with you people!

You cant afford the pill, use a condom. You dont want to use a condom, dont use anything or dont have sex. You chose to go to this school. Other people have to make sacrifices to go to expensive schools. Looks like you found the sacrifice you have to make or you can go else where.

A lot of college kids go on horrible diets to afford school. Gee, maybe we all should pay for their food now so they can eat better....

I really cant believe we are even talking about this. Her testimony is a friggin joke. Where the hell does this nonsense stop?! Im done with this conversation. There is absolutely nothing else to talk about here.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So you see no difference between Mr. Breitbart's very public persona and ongoing public smear campaigns and this young woman's testimony as a private citizen before Congress?

Really?

That explains so much.
Sorry. What I DO see is NO difference between the vitriol perpetrated by both sides. Oh, and the family of Mr. Breitbart is going through a lot worse than this young citizen appearing before Congress. Breitbart is dead. Ms. Feminist can't have sex all the time. Big difference.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:16 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times
Quote:
Wow, really?

So you were, what, in a cave when Ted Kennedy died?
Or perhaps, really born yesterday?
Not like this. Not on and on. This wasn't a tweet; But a public radio broadcast. And it didn't involve the guys family.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,144,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
? Come on people...use your brains a sec. This isn't some huge cost to you, it's a huge savings on societies resources and that isnt' a secret.
If it isn't going to cost us a dime, then why are we arguing about it?

But you as well need to stop and THINK about what you said.... so SOCIETY pays in advance or SOCIETY pays in hindsight... Either way SOCIETY is still paying right? That's where the problem is... Society spends as if they have infinite resources. That's not true... because at the root of the problem lies the fact that society does not produce a dime without taking it from someone else. And to be quite honest... some of us are just about tapped out! If you require the insurance companies to pay for everyone's birth control who do you think is going to have to pay for that... The imaginary insurance fairy? Nope... you and I will pay. Higher premiums or by our taxes. We're not going to save anything and you know it. We live in a world where you can dress it up in a nice big ole politically correct bow and sell it to folks as savings, but all your really doing is selling em the same ole BS as before. Somebody else needs to pay, whether its the insurance companies or the taxpayers...

Old 03-02-2012, 01:26 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
And supplying BC will make companies money as well. If women don't get pregnant, then no maternity leave, no birth costs, no additional people to cover on a plan. If they take bc for other uses, then they can work w/o pain, w/o excessive bleeding, no lost time at work due to surgery, etc....

Name me a few of these medicines then please. Cause I trust my OB/GYN when he tells (or his NP when she tells me) that bc is the easiest and BEST way to prevent those things. Take one lil bc pill to prevent me from taking massive amounts of pain meds, iron supplements, etc... or take those pills instead. Simple decision IMO.
If it's the easiest and BEST way to prevent pregnancy, a woman should be happy to PAY FOR IT HERSELF.

Unless of course you believe the government should provide for us, cradle to grave.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Or, are you suggesting that would be "sticking his nose in where is doesn't belong?"

Hard to believe that people find something wrong with common courtesy, but, there you are.
So you know for a fact that he did that already? Please provide evidence of that.

Knowing this president, and his contempt for the military, and his love of getting involved in things that do not involve him, I would bet he has NOT called the soldiers' families yet.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Not like this. Not on and on. This wasn't a tweet; But a public radio broadcast. And it didn't involve the guys family.
And Andrew never left a woman to die in order to save his political career.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:49 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:

Obviously, some folks have been yanked up, not raised up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies