Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That's disgusting. And all too common.....which is why Liberals and pro-choicers deliberately stick their collective heads in the sand in order to not have to face the harsh realities of their ideology.

Sickening.

...What harsh realities?

As long as the woman had no negative side effects of the procedure (as many do not), I see no "harsh realities" or negative anything regarding multiple abortions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
...What harsh realities?

As long as the woman had no negative side effects of the procedure (as many do not), I see no "harsh realities" or negative anything regarding multiple abortions.
There are risks with abortions, like the possibility of not being able to have children in the future from so many abortions. And I had a friend who had a abortion and she suffered from hemmorhaging, thankfully she came out okay but it was pretty serious when it happened. People who support abortion always try to claim that it's so safe and many women do not suffer from any complications when in fact they really do.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
There are risks with abortions, like the possibility of not being able to have children in the future from so many abortions. And I had a friend who had a abortion and she suffered from hemmorhaging, thankfully she came out okay but it was pretty serious when it happened. People who support abortion always try to claim that it's so safe and many women do not suffer from any complications when in fact they really do.

Please, point out where I ever claimed that abortion had no risks.

Like all procedures, it has risks. It is a relatively safe procedure though, ironically enough, even safer than giving birth

I've got friends who have had abortions as well, and they walked away with nothing but a bit of grogginess from the knock-out drugs.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
...What harsh realities?

In other words, you don't harbor an ounce of front end personal responsibility within your entire being.

One abortion. OK...mistakes happen. Multiple Abortions? A worthless human being as far as i'm concerned.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
In other words, you don't harbor an ounce of personal responsibility within your entire being.
Except as I've said before, I find abortion a responsible choice for a person to make for themselves.

If you don't, fine. Doesn't make it a fact that it's an irresponsible choice, though.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:39 AM

994 posts, read 725,292 times
Quote:
Is there any reason under the sun to believe that Liberals and Liberalism have the nation's best interests in mind when indeed these very same Liberals are perfectly OK with consequence-free sex (ie. Abortions) and will fight to the death anytime entitlement reforms are even mentioned?

Why should we believe that Liberals and Democrats have anything other than their own self-interests in mind when the roster of ideals embraced by the left are not much more than a Free Love For All, No Matter The Cost, No Matter The Consequenceâ„¢ political theory?

The United States of America is broke - fiscally, morally, and culturally. And Liberals celebrate this. Just take a look around this forum and elsewhere and pay particular attention to the issues they fight for.

Personal Responsibility is non-existent in the Liberal Establishment. And if it's legal, then it's moral. These two ideals form the foundation of Liberalism in America.

When can we expect Liberals to actually show love, honor, and courage for the United States of America that doesn't involve breaking our collective backs?
I respect your ideas a lot AeroGuy but I really think you're off base on this one. I don't think free love is an ideal for the Democrats at all. I think it's a manipulation of women to get votes.

As evidence I submit how contraception has now become "women's healthcare." If consequences free sex really were the ideal, they'd just say it. If they actually did believe in it, they wouldn't hide it behind more innocuous sounding terminology.

Conservatives are for small government. We don't beat around the bush. Elect us and we are going to reduce taxes and spending. That's what we believe, that's what we say.

But liberals are not open and honest about abortion and entitlement spending. They mess around with the numbers to try to hide how much they are spending and they mess around with words and don't say what they want straight up. In other words, they want the votes and they will trick people into pulling the lever for them if they can. Idealists with sincere beliefs don't do that. People who do that are just using ideals to get power.

I mean just look at them hail Clinton, who signed welfare reform, and hail Obama, who repealed it. So which is it? Where are the ideals there? It's contradictory. I think it's just about getting votes.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
It means that roughly half of all-abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, thereby meaning that abortion is being used as a method of birth control by thousands of women every year.

That's what consequence-free sex is. Reckless Abandon magnified by Leftist Enablers (ie. Democrats and Liberals).
And what should the consequence be?
Seriously.

How about some solutions instead of more name-calling?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And what should the consequence be?
Seriously.

How about some solutions instead of more name-calling?
Solution ? Abortion is the solution when you made the mistake of getting pregnant and didn't want to.

Teach them young about safe sex..condoms and the pill.
If that fails then they have access to abortion.

There is no problem and there are multiple solutions..some before the fact and some after the fact.

The only personal responsibility here is making sure they do one thing or another and paying for it.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
The Liberals and Dems are simply the secular side of the equation in society most are unbelievers,pro abortion, Marcist politically correct,tenaciously obcessed with self and entiltlements the later perhaps shedding new light on the "real" debt driving it up to around 30 trillion!!! They hate Fox News they hate good, they hate evangelical christians, they hate Huckelbee (but have never watched him) they hate TV evangelism (the good ones ) they don't like bible stuff because well its bible stuff ! They haven't a clue about end-times senario's ,are part of the "me" generation. All these claims of course are embellished and not all are like that (unfortunately they are also the people who will read this rant and claims and will say hey not all of us are bad men/women totally forgetting I just said "not" all are like this! Why? they don't listen they are our secular fools of society and the wishy washy materialistic jackwagons I can't stand.

Das

Duh
I hate the BS of people alleging liberals are pro-abortion!

Is it just that they're totally clueless or are they just too stupid to undersstand the very simple word C-H-O-I-C-E?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
I'm saying that about 50% of abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, which signifies abortion being used as a source of birth control. Which further demonstrates not only a significant lack of personal responsibility in America, but an ideology of "choice" that ENABLES these despicable acts of abortion on demand. You could care less what "choices" are being made as long as the "choice" is there. The effect of those "choices" on society are of no concern to you, which I find disgusting.
Support your allegation.

Quote:
I"m saying that my taxpayer dollars should not be used to subsidize bad decisions. I"m not talking about abortion...i'm talking about the hundreds of billions that go towards paying people to have children they can't afford (and never should have been created to begin with)....to pay people to who have quit high school and can't compete in society....to pay people who have taken out home loans they couldn't afford....to pay banks and companies for overstepping logical economic boundaries.

I will go to my grave advocating for Personal Responsibility, which is head and shoulders above those who absolutely refuse to shed light on the ideology of entitlement that is eating America from the inside out.
I'm saying that the fact you chose to title your thread "The Party of Abortion" shows you're apparently not intelligent enough to understand the very simple word C-H-O-I-C-E and any attempt at reasonable discussion with you is an exercise in futility.

BTW, if anything, the real 'Party of Abortion' is the GOP which continues to milk the issue as one of its favorite ca$h cows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies