Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Comprehension is the key.

My post was cut and dry.
Don't worry, the rest of us understood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Well, I see that the members of the recipient class are going strong here. The providers are generally at work.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is not a well thought out post. Why not start by defining your perceived classes before asking others what their responsibilities are.
Actually, I think its laid out quite well.

I also think you decided to take this route as a matter of deflection.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what the OP is asserting.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
What is the responsibility of the recipient class?

We, in the provider class, know what our perceived responsibility is by a constant barrage of "pay more, you greedy pig!" by lefties.

So....what is the responsibility of the recipient class other than procreating and demanding "rights" at the expense of others?
I'd make a slight revision to this. Actually I think there are 3 classes:

1)providers
2)recipients
3)siphons

Class 3 are those people who stand alongside that great river of cash flowing between 1 & 2, siphoning off 10, 20, or even as much as 80%, before letting the rest flow on it's way to #2. Class 3 would be basically politicians, bureaucrats, lobbyists, corporatists, etc. All those who tap into the gov't cash flow and take some out before it makes its way to the eventual end users.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:58 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
keep thinking you're better and see where it gets you.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:08 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,221 times
Responsibilities. The provider class should be writing to politicians and asking for a repeal of NAFTA which would bring jobs back to the country so the recipient class can quit working at McDonalds.

The recipient class should work to improve his or her situation. This might mean getting that GED, enrolling in night classes, or taking that cruddy job. This would also mean taking responsibility in regards to sex. The last thing a person in poverty should be doing is producing more mouths to feed.

That being said, many low-income single individuals are actually in the ........wait for it.....PROVIDER CLASS. Yes, a single individual working at Wal-mart is actually subsidizing the sexual activities of the welfare mother with six kids and 5 different dads.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
[quote=alphamale;23414091]What is the responsibility of the recipient class? [quote]

Let the doers keep most of their earned stiff and to be in a position to do more and to hire people.
Praise the doers since the takers should emulate and admire them instead of looking to be lazy or take from others.

Thou Shall NOT Covet Thy Neighbor's Goods.

Have people try to make themselves better rather than look how to take from the wallets of others IMO.

We need to make temporary the welfare state for all but the elderly and disabled.
Government elite overpayment in jobs and benefits needs to go bye bye.

Instead of the top 30% paying 70% of the taxes due to their talent, instead the other 70% who pay almost nothing should expect to pay and earn more and have very limited endless help form others except by charity.
Many in this country forgot what shame is.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I spend most of my income buying necessities. These necessities are sold at a profit for the owners of the businesses. Therefore I am having a portion of the money I spend transferred from me, a 99%er, to the owning 1%ers. That makes me a provider and them a recipient. Then there is the fact that I pay much of my limited income as taxes whilst multimillionaires pay at a much lower rate on their effectively unlimited income. Thus I am a provider to the government and they are recipients.

I am certain the OP was trying to chastise the poor as “recipients” while “proper” people like him were “providers”. Indeed, he might be a “provider” but the biggest recipients are big business.
Voluntarily seeking contract to procure goods and services you deem necessary is not someone "transferring" your money.

I know being an adult sucks and everything - but keep your chin up!

Old 03-15-2012, 01:31 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,055 times
There are too many lazy people in this country who always have their hand out.

As long as there are never-ending "assistance programs" and eager social workers to constantly 'help' them, then they will perpetually be unwilling to work hard or be self-reliant.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
I thought it was pretty well laid out.

You are either a provider, or a recipient.

What is so difficult to understand?
Pretty much everything since you can't name a single "class" that is not a direct or indirect recipient of government largesse, be they a CEO of a pharmaceutical company that benefits from government funded research and certification of their products, or the working poor who can only afford to serve the uber rich because their income is supplemented by the "welfare".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies