Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 12:46 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
My primary issue with politicians isn't that they lie, but that they assume the populace to be stupid. May be you feel that republicans treat you better. I'm see the opposite to be true.
Quote:
No, I see a point to government's role in people's and ultimately nation's welfare. But, you may be onto something... progressive versus conservative argument can be summarized...
Deregulate People, Regulate Corporations
Deregulate Corporations, Regulate People

Respectively.

Clearly, you spend way too much time figuring out "lies". You're, clearly, not very good at it either, much less realizing the priorities and treatment afforded to you.

My personal take... I would hate to be you.
Clearly all politicians tell lies. The ones that seem to consume you are Republican lies while you seem to dismiss democratic lies
respectively.
Yes we as a people should spend time to draw out and understand when a lie is being told to us by our governemnt. I try to understand the difference between the lie and the truth and why they chose to lie. while you like to see Republican lies , i do not see a difference in a lie base don a party and try to see the truth that a lie is hiding.
And as you feel so do I , I would hate to be you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 12:52 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yes we as a people should spend time to draw out and understand when a lie is being told to us by our governemnt. I try to understand the difference between the lie and the truth and why they chose to lie. while you like to see Republican lies , i do not see a difference in a lie base don a party and try to see the truth that a lie is hiding.
And as you feel so do I , I would hate to be you
How about we all become so concerned about lies told by others and check them out before forwarding emails or starting threads here? How about we dig out the truth before regurgitating another lie we saw on a website or got in an email?

Old 03-20-2012, 12:52 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Clearly all politicians tell lies. The ones that seem to consume you are Republican lies while you seem to dismiss democratic lies
respectively.
No, political lies don't consume me. They clearly do it to you, however, and I'm not surprised. It is treatment of an idiot that gets me, a reason I don't see voting for any republican in the near future, for at least as long as they push this idea of "purity" tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Funny. Of the hundreds and hundreds of scurrilous emails I've received over the past few years, NOT ONE of them have been about a Republican. Not one.
True! I wish not having cleaned my spambox moments ago, for a recent sample worth putting here. I also get some very idiotic mails from the GOP and its pushers. They can easily mislead the less informed.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Funny. Of the hundreds and hundreds of scurrilous emails I've received over the past few years, NOT ONE of them have been about a Republican. Not one.
first point you have not named an elected Republican official that has done so. as I asked
I have seen emails only using character assignation on republicans.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
No, political lies don't consume me. They clearly do it to you, however, and I'm not surprised. It is treatment of an idiot that gets me, a reason I don't see voting for any republican in the near future, for at least as long as they push this idea of "purity" tests.
I clearly think it is our job as citizens to try to determine what our government is telling us to be the truth or a lie. I would assume all citizens would have interest in that. My bad if you do not

Old 03-20-2012, 12:56 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
I clearly think it is our job as citizens to try to determine what our government is telling us to be the truth or a lie. I would assume all citizens would have interest in that. My bad if you do not
I do, it is why we usually disagree.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
How about we all become so concerned about lies told by others and check them out before forwarding emails or starting threads here? How about we dig out the truth before regurgitating another lie we saw on a website or got in an email?
From my stand point i never use an email to post here. Most are conspiracy idiots that both sides have that are unproven at best.
So i promise not to use emails i get here on CD

Old 03-20-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
If you point out an actual lie I would not defend it. We disagree here because you like to disagree. I woudl be happy to say a republicna lied when you cab prove it a lie. Howeve r you woudl never concede a point. that is why discussion with you is very difficult

Old 03-20-2012, 01:00 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
What is your biggest gripe about Republicans?
Congressional Republicans tend to cave in to Obama when under pressure.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I do not see a reason to disagree with you if you prove the governemnt has lied to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies