Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 06:04 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Suffice it to say, the troops DO NOT like this president.
I'm a software developer, and have a couple coworkers who hate the Boston Celtics.

Suffice it to say, software developers DO NOT like the Celtics

Old 03-21-2012, 06:42 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
With the POTUS numbers tanking, now at 41%. Marines are speaking out against this Commander in Chief, saying they won't obey all orders.

They will fight enemies foreign and Domestic.

Battle Rattle - A Marine Corps Times Blog

As a former Marine, I'd say everyone should just take a deep breath and relax.

First of all, that link doesn't provide any details in the few sentences it showed.

Second, enlisted Marines are known for b*tching about all kinds of things and it's been that way forever.

This is another nonissue that Obamaphobes are trying to blow up into some kind of a controversy that it doesn't have the powder for.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Fascism is not far away, folks.

That said, it is humorous to hear all you old armchair warriors, many who never served in the military, say how the troops don't support the Pres.

That is not true. There may be some, but there are alot of people in the military, and some are neo nazi's. Perhaps those are the troops you are talking about?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That said, it is humorous to hear all you old armchair warriors, many who never served in the military, say how the troops don't support the Pres.
Dude it gets funnier, many of them who have never served will argue with veterans about how the military is run, what oath they took, how a chain of command works etc.

Modeerf once even threw out an impulsive lie about "all his seal buddies" as some weight of evidence on why he was right and all these other posters who had served were wrong. That was an instant classic, I should go find it...

Old 03-21-2012, 08:28 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
With the POTUS numbers tanking, now at 41%. Marines are speaking out against this Commander in Chief, saying they won't obey all orders.

Marines are great warriors but not the brightest bulbs on the tree usually.

This kind of thing makes me sick. Just like Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins refusing to meet the POTUS due to his whackjob right wing politics.

I wonder what he would have said when he was a kid playing hockey if someone told him he would refuse to meet the president someday after winning the cup due to politics?

And who cares what an NHL player thinks about politics? IDIOCY!!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:30 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,390 times
Quote:

"Son, have you ever held a rifle in a forward position? Put your life in the hands of another man or had him put his life in yours? We obey orders or people die. It's that simple."

Where did I hear that? Oh!!

A Few Good Man "You Can't Handle the Truth" - YouTube

Old 03-21-2012, 08:33 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
"Son, have you ever held a rifle in a forward position? Put your life in the hands of another man or had him put his life in yours? We obey orders or people die. It's that simple."

Where did I hear that? Oh!!

A Few Good Man "You Can't Handle the Truth" - YouTube
Yes i have, and i don't boast about it, or use it to make an obvious point.

And i never sacrificed truth, and honor for going along.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post

Modeerf once even threw out an impulsive lie about "all his seal buddies" as some weight of evidence on why he was right and all these other posters who had served were wrong. That was an instant classic, I should go find it...
Your right, it was impulsive, and i was wrong to share such details of my life with someone that tramples it like a pig.

All you have is accusations, and less than entertaining retorts.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,390 times
He had better be careful. The winters in Kansas are quite nasty. Leavenworth is cold!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
He had better be careful. The winters in Kansas are quite nasty. Leavenworth is cold!
I don't think he is concerned for himself.

A true hero, knows the meaning of sacrifice, selflessness.... you know things that many Americans don't have a clue about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies