Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:53 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
lol.

See post #2651 or #2654. Must not have looked very hard, or just forgot to take your blinders off.
I had a problem with the link, but from what I gather, you are referring to a "hoodie". It's already been pointed out that most other campaigns and political figures sell "hoodies" with their names on it, so I don't see the correlation between Obama and Trayvon here. What would the Obama hoodie have printed on it?

Yes, my brain is defintely functioning because I am thinking on my own and not being spoonfed by the right wing smear apparatus.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
This very stupid thread is a stark example of race-baiting! This wanna be vigilante was recorded making remarks that clearly prove that he chased and gunned down and innocent person and then lied that it was in "self defense" to avoid punishment. Yes youre right: What IF he was a black man out there ambushing white kids? Or worse yet, white women?? Yes how kindly would he have been dealt with?? Yet you see fit to imply here that Travon's murder should be irrevelant against the notion that Zimmerman is being treated unfairly because of his race because black people, like whites have for centuries, commit fratricide, and therefore should be blamed for this kid's murder because he looked "gangsta" to bigots like you and Zimmerman. Ugh!
If Zimmerman had been a black man chasing white women, you better believe that he would be dead right now. In fact, it probably would have been his "articulate" "Uncle Ruckus" black friend that killed him.

Oh. he thought he was going get away with that "I'm blind" excuse. Well, he had another thang comin'.

Uncle Ruckus on the Jury - YouTube

Old 03-28-2012, 09:59 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,121 times
Quote:
And so what if someone else will, the mother of this child should not profit from her son's death, that's absolutley morbid.
After seeing this foolishness I have no problem with her trademarking his name and image and she probably should have done it sooner

Ratchet Promoters throw a Trayvon Martin Party [The Big Dummy Files]

WTF: The Hood Throws A Hoodie & Heels Party In Trayvon Martin's Honor | The Urban Daily

Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I had a problem with the link, but from what I gather, you are referring to a "hoodie". It's already been pointed out that most other campaigns and political figures sell "hoodies" with their names on it, so I don't see the correlation between Obama and Trayvon here. What would the Obama hoodie have printed on it?

Yes, my brain is defintely functioning because I am thinking on my own and not being spoonfed by the right wing smear apparatus.
So it's just a coincidence that the Obama campaign announced this on Monday, then cancelled it. No connection between that and the TM case. Got it. BTW I'm an independent, not right wing, not left wing. Both sides are equally guilty of failing to see their hypocrisy. I think for myself, you seem to be spoonfed be the "left wing smear apparatus".

Old 03-28-2012, 10:02 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
After seeing this foolishness I have no problem with her trademarking his name and image and she probably should have done it sooner

Ratchet Promoters throw a Trayvon Martin Party [The Big Dummy Files]

WTF: The Hood Throws A Hoodie & Heels Party In Trayvon Martin's Honor | The Urban Daily
Well on that front I stand corrected, never heard of such a thing until this case. Learn something new everyday.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
What ever happened to guilty until proven innocent? If Zimmerman is found guilty, of course lock that guy away. But we need to follow the rule of law; instead those shouting the loudest are encouraging mob rule and could incite even more violence.
Errrr, I think you meant innocent until proven guilty.

Right now it's down to what Zimmerman says, conflicting witness reports - none of whom heard or saw the entire situation take place and the police are also going to have to answer for their part in this as well.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Everybody think about this for a second. You honestly think the police dept would just not arrest someone because the victim was black? Really? Do you not think for a moment that there was not only an investigation to do but that perhaps the evidence theyve had so far doesnt justify an arrest?!

This has been done in the past and especially down south, have you ever heard of Emmit Till?

First, you would not of even heard about this if the victim was not black and the shooter couldnt be called something close to "white".

No, you would not heard of it AND zimmerman would have gotten away with it if the media did not catch it

Second, as usual when there is a black "victim" and the "suspect" is not black and can be called "white" or is white why is it ALWAYS assumed by the usual suspects that its a RACE issue?

Whenever the "suspect" reports a crime and takes the law into his own hands AND uses a racial slur on top of it, but yet is not arrested nor detained

You know by now that all these idiots in the media, hollywood, and the fake reverends never had all the facts or chose to ignore some of the reports. And you know damn well most of them dont give a damn about what really happened, but they know they can use this to push their platform and their beliefs.

And the hardcore idiots and racist are defending a man that MURDERED an innocent young man, regardless of his race and covered up by the police

Lastly, when even our own President inserts himself into this and basically says the victim looks like what his son would if he had one (because he is black), instead of trying to calm rising tensions....dont you think there is something wrong with that?! Hell, even if you are a liberal, how the hell does that sit okay with you?

The president was asked and if the president was white and said the same thing would it had bothered you then? BTW there are whites that are chanting the same thing, Trayvon is OUR son that could have easily been gunned down by zimmerman. What are you and newt buttbuddies or something....quit repeating what that douchebag spews

How the hell does it sit well with you that the two fake reverends with the worst track records in regards to race "issues" and hysteria are leading the charge here.....and do so AGAIN with out a care about the reports or facts of the case.....

Can you name the "track record" that is so bad after the brawley case and the duke case which they as well as everyone else were dupped by the "victims". This has nothing to do with them at all.

You even have Spike Lee tweeting an address of what he thinks is Zimmermans, which if you have common sense and decency youd know that was wrong to do so to begin with. But to make it worse, he retweets the wrong address putting someone else's life at risk.

No, zimmerman is letting this situation get out of hand if he really thought what he did was right he should turn himself in and let the courts decide. Instead he rather hide and hope that he got away with murder. For the record I have no idea why Spike did what he did and I will agree that it was classless

And where is most of the media in all this? Finally starting to report on some of the other side but barely. Still giving the race hustlers like Spike, Sharpton passes. The media did more to keep up fanning the flames as well.

If the meida did not get into it intially like I said before this would have been swept under the rug and zimmerman would have gotten away with killing a young man for no reason

There were only two people there that night with a possible one or two witnesses to what partially happened. Quit acting like you think you know what happened and calling for someones head. And its time you stop supporting a President who wants nothing more than rising racial tensions. After all, what better way to get blacks fired up and involved? He needs them to get out in vote this year, and here we have again, why let a "crisis" go to waste.
Please understand one thing someone's child is dead while another person walks the street. The president has nothing to do with "rasing racial tension" since he has been under attack by racist as well as the clueless since day one. Blacks as well as other under represented minoirities are tired of the apathy that is shown towards our youth and at the same time people like yourself try to tell us that it is not a "big thing" and we should look the other way. .............thanks for your concern, but no thanks

Old 03-28-2012, 10:12 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Zimmerman was detained.

Detainment for a couple of hours vs be detained until the investigestion is over are two different things

Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
It's not a "fact" yet that he was a victim, it's purely specualtion at this point. Obviously that was lost on you.
The fact is, there is a dead boy who was being pursued by someone with a weapon. You choose to be selective in what you read, I choose to read as much as I can.

As long as someone can easily kill another individual, justify that killing because there is a law that allows one to do so, no police investigation, poor police procedure, no trial, in my eyes the deceased is the victim.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
If you can't see the correlation between the Obama campaign announcing the sale of hoodies and the TM case, you are either lying or brain dead.
Probably the latter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies