Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yeah its not telling that an entire group that has at best questionable feelings about certain people just happen to all blame Trayvon and take every little thing that helps zimmerman and swallows it big bass style. Like I said the only difference between the nbpp and the tea party is one group admits that it is racist.
Everyone seems to have a motive too. Doesn't anyone find it odd that a man who is African-American is making the national talk show circuit on both TV and radio in defense of George Zimmerman? He said George couldn't stop crying after the shooting, yet he hadn't spoken to Zimmerman in a while, over a month before the shooting. Best friend? Once I heard him say "I've known George for over a decade." Another time he said "6 years." He told Nancy Grace they were very close, but he denied ever saying they were close friends when questioned by Lawrence O'Donnell. He then added that, "knowing what I do about George, I have a gut feeling" that Trayvon Martin must have been the aggressor. No facts, but he's appearing on several TV programs. Wonder who is paying him to do this or maybe he plans to write a book. At first I thought this man was very sincere, but he hasn't remained consistent in his answers at all and last night clearly said he wasn't there, doesn't know much about Zimmerman's background, but he's sure Trayvon Martin attacked him.

By the way, I want to add that I'm not saying Zimmerman can't have a close Black friend. I've just been watching Joe Oliver and learning more about him, and I don't find him credible. It doesn't even matter, since he's not a witness.

I agree with you about those "certain people" since I know many of them. Most are not hateful or mean-spirited, but they're willing to accept and believe any negative information about Trayvor Martin. They'll say, "well of course he was suspicious looking. I mean, look at the number of Blacks who commit crimes!" But just hint that type of thinking is racist, and they'll deny it. There are people here in SWFL who openly say "I live on a nice street. No Blacks live on my block." But they'll also say "I'm not a racist." I hear it all the time.

Last edited by justNancy; 03-28-2012 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: fix post

Old 03-28-2012, 11:28 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Ron View Post
The pinhead Zimmerman probably never would've gotten out of his truck and followed the Martin kid that night if he wasn't packin' the 9-mm handgun.

Guns tend to make losers like this guy braver.

Hopefully one of the investigators will find some way to get the wannabe cop out of his bomb shelter and behind bars where he belongs, imo.

By the way, anybody know if any arrests or convictions ever came out of the dozens and dozens of times this clown called 911 in the past ... or was the loser 'crying wolf' over and over again whenever his pinhead thought it saw something suspicious in the neighborhood?
Funny that you mention this. I was just thinking the same thing. Zimmerman has "protected" exactly how many people from crimes in his long record of 911 calls?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Considering the fact that the head homicide detective was not satisfied with not arresting Zimmerman along with the obvious slipshod treatment of a crime scene, every citizen in this country should be angry about how this case was handled. Due process of law is what will either exonerate Zimmerman or bring him to trial. The due process of law was not adhered to by the Sanford PD.
Fascinating. Until the reports that the lead detective wanted to arrest gz, the whole SPD was condemned as racist, KKK-loving rednecks. I guess the storyline now has to change to the state attorney being the racist.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Fascinating. Until the reports that the lead detective wanted to arrest gz, the whole SPD was condemned as racist, KKK-loving rednecks. I guess the storyline now has to change to the state attorney being the racist.
Or the FBI or DOJ. They are steady working their way up the line.

It truly is a lynch mob mentality attempting to dictate the course of action. It has become a "with or against us" stance by many.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The same reason that some of you claim that the media is making him look guilty. I will repeat (for the hard of reading) being detained for a couple of hours is a hell of alot different than being detained until a proper investigestion is conducted. No he does not HAVE to, but if he really feels that he is innocent and actually cares that this can blow up he would voluntarily turn himself him until the trial.
no offense, but just HOW LONG do you think the POLICE can detain someone??? seriously... weeks, months?? They can't, that's the law. they have to let them go unless they have enough evidence to charge them..

Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It doesn't work that way. The DA knows the law better than the detective does. The detective is not a legal expert of any kind. This happens ALL the time. A detective or investigator brings their case to a legal department and an attorney can decide whether or not they have enough evidence to pursue legal action. This has happened to me many times in my course of work.
Well obviously, the detective did not have the final say, but I would certainly take the detective's word into cosideration.. and I'm sure they will when and if this is brought to trial. One of the issues that is troubling is the fact that Zimmerman's father is a retired judge and being that the crime scene was not handled with integrity, there's suspicion of a "good ole boy network" at work in the background. No doubt, there are many questions yet to be answered.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Considering the fact that the head homicide detective was not satisfied with not arresting Zimmerman along with the obvious slipshod treatment of a crime scene, every citizen in this country should be angry about how this case was handled. Due process of law is what will either exonerate Zimmerman or bring him to trial. The due process of law was not adhered to by the Sanford PD.

If there is an issue, that is the current issue. Anyone who is unarmed who is killed with deadly force should have heavy bias to investigate. I have no problem with that at all.

Sanford PD

Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm confused. What exactly are you saying? Because one guy had the integrity to step forward exonerates the other law officers and officials involved from being scrutinized for not following the protocol? There is a problem within the police department of Sanford...that cannot be denied. Maybe this guy is Serpico.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:48 AM

381 posts, read 507,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Self defense laws were created to protect people in imminent danger from aggressors. Just the fact that you're following someone rules out imminent danger, and makes you the aggressor.

It's really upsetting to me that Z has so many hordes of supporters, and to me that indicates that America has a serious race problem, and honestly I didn't think so until this past week.

F*** Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Zimmerman is a nut with a criminal history who should never be defended by any sane person.

does it upset you that a racist murderer is being supported by his black friend? does it also upset you that witnesses that came forward to support Z at the risk of their safety from the mob mentality?

an aggressor can also be the victim. remember the store owner that was convicted for excessively shooting a black kid who was robbing his store?

who was the victim and who was the aggressor during the time of the shooting is the big question. we already have a witness saying Z was screaming for help. we also know Z was questioning the M.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:49 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Quote:
Well obviously, the detective did not have the final say, but I would certainly take the detective's word into cosideration.. and I'm sure they will when and if this is brought to trial. One of the issues that is troubling is the fact that Zimmerman's father is a retired judge and being that the crime scene was not handled with integrity, there's suspicion of a "good ole boy network" at work in the background. No doubt, there are many questions yet to be answered.
There could be some sort of inside conspiracy, who knows. However I'm sure the detective will be subpoened to discuss the integrity of the case if it goes that far. But I'm open to all of the testimony, and right now I'm more interested in how credible the witness (John) is, who reportedly observed Zimmerman pinned down. All in all, I don't buy it. Thus far two independent investigations haven't turned up anything to charge him with--yet. Unless this judge is in cahoots with the Feds, I think he actually has a good chance to walk on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies