Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 04:24 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,686,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
It would probably scare me pretty good. I don't think it would scare me so bad as to approach him and punch him in the nose. I think I might stay the course of putting distance between me and he and probably make a 911 call of my own but then that would make too much sense for some people.
Did you see the video of Zimmerman right after this supposed attack?

Does it look like he was punched in the nose to you?

Old 03-29-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Why did it appear that the cop was looking at something on the back of Zimmerman's head if there was nothing there? Wait for all the evidence before you convict this guy. If it comes and its clear he is guilty of not defending himself, then I will be right along with you wanting to see the book thrown at him. There is nothing conclusive yet that proves he is guilty.
Maybe Zimmerman said that's where he was injured and the cop looked. Even if that dark area is a cut, it is obviously not a huge one, nor one that even warranted a bandage.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM

812 posts, read 596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Well, the difference is I wouldn't have followed a 6'3" strange man to begin with. Sane people tend not to follow people they're afraid of.
I would not have handled it the way z did but he has the right to provide eyes and ears for his neighborhood. So what do you aggressive types want everyone to cower in their homes behind locked doors. To those that think we should sorry bout your luck. Personally I would never kill anyone over property,ridiculous but on top of me busting my head and I can get to a gun you will look like a colander. Best not approach my car either, might get away with that but try to open the door and once again colander. Sorry but way to many innocent people are getting hurt or killed by people that are just plain no good.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

I've got news for you...not only did it not look as if he was involved in an altercation, he looked like he just stepped out of a barber's chair after a haircut, shave and a facial.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:28 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,954,041 times
Quote:
It would probably scare me pretty good. I don't think it would scare me so bad as to approach him and punch him in the nose. I think I might stay the course of putting distance between me and he and probably make a 911 call of my own but then that would make too much sense for some people.

Okay, so you believe Zimmerman. I get it.

His Story:

Man follows teenage boy with a gun on him, then loses site of the boy and decides to walks back to his car, the teenage boy jumps out and says "You got a problem with me, homie?". The man innocently says "no" and the teenage boy then says "You do now!", punches him in the nose then repeatedly bashes his head into the ground. The teenage boy then goes for his gun and says "You're gonna die tonight!". Somehow the man manages to wrestle his arms free, get his gun from his holster and shoot the teenage boy in the chest. The teenage boy exclaims "You got me!" and keels over.

Sounds like a low budget movie to me.

Later the man is brought in for questioning wearing the same clothes, which appear very clean for the scuffle he described and no blood or bruises anywhere.

Maybe that sounds believable to you but it sounds like BS to me. What motive did Trayvon have to attack Zimmerman from behind? He has no history of violence, but George Zimmerman does. We have no idea what happened but one thing we do know is that Zimmerman pursued Trayvon, it wasn't the other way around. If I was following someone around with a gun, I'd be stocking them. Now if Zimmerman had a right to defend himself and stand his ground, why wouldn't Trayvon? Too bad he isn't here to tell his side of the story.

Last edited by Factsplease; 03-29-2012 at 04:36 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 04:29 PM

ugh, did he really claim he called him "homie"? seriously?

Old 03-29-2012, 04:30 PM

812 posts, read 596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

I was not there and don't intend to use my imagination to paint the picture that suit an emotional response. [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-29-2012 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: flamming

Old 03-29-2012, 04:32 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,954,041 times
Quote:
I was not there and don't intend to use my imagination to paint the picture that suit an emotional response. Only *******s do that.

Well I guess you must be a ******* then because you have repeatedly stated that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and punched him in the nose as if you know this to be true.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:32 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,400,192 times
To be the voice of dissent- even a small head wound can bleed like stink. You can hold point pressure and stop it in a few minutes and in fact the giant turbans seen erroneously on TV don't tamponade the bleed and would actually just let a patient bleed into it.

So he could have a small cut that stopped bleeding.

But you would expect some blood on him I'd suspect.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:34 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,973,153 times
I watched that video several times last night since it was played over and over here, and it's still being played over and over. We did see the officer look at the back of his head and wipe something off onto his uniform when he patted Zimmerman down. I didn't see the black line being shown today. but the video is very grainy. I really was surprised at how good Zimmerman looked. For someone who claimed to be pinned down, beaten and screaming for help, he appeared in good shape with no blood on his clothes. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Why did it appear that the cop was looking at something on the back of Zimmerman's head if there was nothing there? Wait for all the evidence before you convict this guy. If it comes and its clear he is guilty of not defending himself, then I will be right along with you wanting to see the book thrown at him. There is nothing conclusive yet that proves he is guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies