Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 12:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The problem for birthers is that the STATE of HAWAII verifies that the information on the birth certificate is correct. Think about it. What is a birth certificate? It's a document that says that a person was born at a certain place at a certain time. But anyone could make up such a document. A birth certificate CERTIFIES that the state will confirm this information if the certificate holder is challenged. Birthers have challenged Obama. And the State of Hawaii has confirmed the information. As long as the State of Hawaii does so, the birthers have no grounds to challenge Obama about the document. The document became irrelevant when the State of Hawaii held a news conference to affirm that Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961.
Oh...but states that attained statehood just a few years before aren't really states...they need to serve a 5 year probation period and then they can certify birth certificates!

If only BHO was born in 1964...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM

26,586 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Two cases that directly address natural born citizenship are Minor v Happersett and Perkins v Elg
neither minor v happersett or perkins v elg make both parents a requirement for NBC status.

in fact minor v happersett even specifically states that it is not defining NBC ( you stopped short in your quote) :

"At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. For the purposes of this case it is not necessary to solve these doubts."

Old 04-11-2012, 12:58 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Ms. Elg was found to be a "natural born citizen" because she was born in the mainland USA (New York) of TWO US citizen parents.
Those were the specific facts of that case. Nowhere does it state that those are the only qualifying set of circumstances for NBC.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Two cases that directly address natural born citizenship are Minor v Happersett and Perkins v Elg.
And yet, just yesterday we received another legal decision regarding the definition of natural born citizen.

And again neither Minor nor Perkins were considered precedent by the judge regarding the definition of natural born citizen. So what did the judge cite instead?

Quote:
In Wong Kim Ark,Justice Gray wrote at great length about the understanding of the term “natural born”and its common law meaning, probing English authorities and concluding that the “law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country,and continuing to the present day, . . . every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject, unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign state, or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born. The same rule was in force in all the English colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the constitution as originally established.”This position as to the common law meaning is in accord with Justice Joseph Story’s statement, concurring in Inglis v. Trustees of Sailors’ Snug Harbor, 28 U.S. (3 Pet.) 99,7 L. Ed. 617 (1830), “Nothing is better settled at the common law than the doctrine that the children, even of aliens, born in a country, while the parents reside there under the protection of the government, and owing a temporary allegiance thereto, are subjects by birth.” See Wong Kim Ark, 160 U.S. at 660, 18 S. Ct. at 461.
And notice, Claud... the dates on the document. I am actually citing something from yesterday and not 2009.

See how that works?

Old 04-11-2012, 01:35 PM

758 posts, read 591,253 times
I thought I'd add some comic relief here, boys and girls.

I'm Voting Republican 2012 - YouTube

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe in separation of church and state. I want to live in a theocracy like Iran.

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe in green energy or alternative fuels. I think we should continue burning gasoline and keep the people in the status quo. As long as the oil companies maximize profits, that's good enough for me.

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe rich people should pay taxes. In fact, I think we the people should give all our money to large corporations so they continue the illusion of trickle-down economics making us think we'll all one day be rich.

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe in critical thinking. We should turn all our schools into churches and ban the teachings of science and evolution. That way we don't have to worry about our children being "socially engineered" or questioning anything.

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe there should be a minimum wage or labor unions. If everyone works hard 12 hours a day in a sweatshop, they can always be replaced by other workers (even little children) whenever they get killed or injured on the job. At least we won't have to worry about those lazy 99ers collecting unemployment, right?

Old 04-11-2012, 01:51 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Okay, lets say there is no birth certificate and its all falsified, then there would be records of immigration green cards and a record of naturalization, otherwise Obama would be an illegal immigrant.

And even if he were born in another country to a non US resident and US citizen, he is still a citizen of the US by birth right.
yes, he would be a dual citizen, not a natural born citizen, due to his father being a Kenyan. Wait a minute, I missed the part where you said he's born in another country.

1. A "natural born" citizen is any person born of US citizen parents (that's two) in the U. S. mainland (includes Alaska and Hawaii) -- think Ronald Reagan -- in this case, there is no foreign entanglement via parentage AND there is no foreign entanglement via birthplace.

2. A citizen "by statute" is any person born of US citizen parent(s) outside the United States -- think John McCain -- in this case, there is no foreign entanglement via parentage BUT there is a foreign entanglement via birthplace (Colon, Panama).

3. A "native born" citizen, is any person born in the United States mainland -- think Barack Obama -- in this case, there is no foreign entanglement via birthplace (if he was born in Hawaii) BUT there is a foreign entanglement via his parentage (if Barak Obama is his father).

4. If you're not born here, or if your parents aren't Americans, then the only way you get citizenship is via marriage or naturalization -- a "naturalized" citizen is a citizen as the result of these processes -- think Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:52 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,483 times
Some people are so frickin' stupid.

The birth certificate was real.

Obama was born in Hawai'i.

Now go play with your toys, morons.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Oh...but states that attained statehood just a few years before aren't really states...they need to serve a 5 year probation period and then they can certify birth certificates!

If only BHO was born in 1964...
We want proof! We want access to the microfilm records.

The states assertion that it is on file doesn't constitute proof; especially when Governor Acrobie couldn't find anything on this fraud.

This whole thing could have easily been settled many years ago (4).

But instead the "norm' is hide the records; (fast & furious - Solyandra -) That is the signature of this transparent administration HIDE THE TRUTH.

A forged birth certificate and our government is hiding the truth!!

More than 4 years of stonewalling and making lame excuses.

That all equals GUILTY by circumstantial evidence

Forged birth certicate

Forged selective service card

Fake SSN#

Can you just imagine what CNN and MSN and all other media outlets would have done if PALIN'S NAME was the issue ???

It would be nonstop news around the clock to have her hung - tarred & feathered.

What do you think the appropriate punishment should be when it is finally PROVEN to the whole world Barry is an imposter!

Obama is doing the exact same thing Nixon did when questions came up - he smiled and claimed it was not true.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM

26,586 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
yes, he would be a dual citizen, not a natural born citizen, due to his father being a Kenyan.
claud, a person's mother and father could be US citizens and that person could still be a dual-citizen.

would you consider that person NBC?

Old 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
We want proof! We want access to the microfilm records.

The states assertion that it is on file doesn't constitute proof; especially when Governor Acrobie couldn't find anything on this fraud.

This whole thing could have easily been settled many years ago (4).

But instead the "norm' is hide the records; (fast & furious - Solyandra -) That is the signature of this transparent administration HIDE THE TRUTH.

A forged birth certificate and our government is hiding the truth!!

More than 4 years of stonewalling and making lame excuses.

That all equals GUILTY by circumstantial evidence

Forged birth certicate

Forged selective service card

Fake SSN#

Can you just imagine what CNN and MSN and all other media outlets would have done if PALIN'S NAME was the issue ???

It would be nonstop news around the clock to have her hung - tarred & feathered.

What do you think the appropriate punishment should be when it is finally PROVEN to the whole world Barry is an imposter!
A better question is, what should be the punishment for all the slackjaws who foul the forum with threads like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies