Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 AM

758 posts, read 591,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This has already been covered. The anti-birthers readily acknowledge that not all birthers are motivated by race - there are some crazy ones out there who are driven by their hatred. But many truly are concerned about the constitutional issue.

I am disliked in the birther threads because I refuse to take a position and prefer to stay neutral. That - and I point out that it is counterproductive to make this a racial issue.

The truth should stand on its own merits without the excess baggage of racial overtones.
If this issue has already been covered, then why are the birthers beating a dead horse? We have more important things to worry about like fixing the economy, decreasing unemployment, and repairing the nation's infrastructure which is 35 years outdated - all proposals which the GOP shot down when Obama proposed them to Congress just like they did his new bill which would penalize oil companies for raising gas prices too high while they moaned about the prices and tried to blame him for it. Their filibustering is going to catch up with them quickly this coming November. You just wait and see. It's going to be a long cold winter for the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 12:43 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Not true. According to laws at the time in 1961, she was to young to confer her American citizenship to him at birth.
wrong. that was to those born OUTSIDE the United States. She would have been too young if she gave birth in say mexico.

But the law was changed in 1976 so that anyone born to a us Citizen outside the US, who at least had 1 year of residency, would have natural born citizen children.

You can't even keep your lies straight.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
You have connected the dots and figured out that there is a mainstream political faction whose aims are white supremacy? Could you support your claim with some evidence - so that the rest of us peons can be so enlightened?
Well let me see, there's Ron Paul who was for awhile affiliated with the KKK and even admitted he thinks it's alright for business to discriminate against blacks. He's also a closet homophobe, and he thinks they should disband FEMA and foreign aid to other countries. Not to mention, Ron Paul only cares about states governing themselves without any intervention from the federal government. If he had it his way, we might as well be a continent of 50 different countries. It's more than alright with me if the South secedes from the Union and renames itself "Jesusland." However, that's not going to happen.

Mitt Romney is also unfit to run this country. This guy lived over in France during the Vietnam War and never served a day in his life in the military. I'm an Iraq War veteran. Mitt Romney also has several offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands and even joked around about how his dad laid off several factory workers in Michigan. He may not want white supremacy, but what he DOES want is plutocracy which is a society where all the wealth is concentrated into the hands of a few, and the rich own and govern everything. Are you enlightened now? It doesn't matter who the GOP candidate is. Barack Obama will mop his cockamamie butt all over the floor this coming election. You mark my words!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
If this issue has already been covered, then why are the birthers beating a dead horse?
That is a question you should ask the birthers. I just said that the motivations for the birther movement have been covered - and that no one who isn't trolling thinks that the birthers are solely motivated by race. That leaves a concern for constitutional integrity left as the only other reasonable driving force. We both agree that the candidates should prove their eligibility - so the only debate is really whether Obama has done so or not. I can't answer that question - but that is what this forum is for - so we can put everything on the table and sift through it to find the nugget of truth.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
wrong. that was to those born OUTSIDE the United States. She would have been too young if she gave birth in say mexico.

But the law was changed in 1976 so that anyone born to a us Citizen outside the US, who at least had 1 year of residency, would have natural born citizen children.

You can't even keep your lies straight.
Thank you 1,000 times. Good heavens! Explaining this to them in plain English is like a dog chasing its tail.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
That is a question you should ask the birthers. I just said that the motivations for the birther movement have been covered - and that no one who isn't trolling thinks that the birthers are solely motivated by race. That leaves a concern for constitutional integrity left as the only other reasonable driving force. We both agree that the candidates should prove their eligibility - so the only debate is really whether Obama has done so or not. I can't answer that question - but that is what this forum is for - so we can put everything on the table and sift through it to find the nugget of truth.
The birthers will never accept it though even though he's proven it many times. All those quasi-birth certificates that Joe Arpaio and the rest of them have were either forged or photoshopped. I'm sure Sheriff Joe isn't the least bit concerned about anyone's constitutional rights which is why he's being investigated for corruption. I hardly think someone with the long track record of human rights violations and allegations of racism like him is qualified to tell whether or not Obama's birth certificate is real.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:49 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
This has already been covered. The anti-birthers readily acknowledge that not all birthers are motivated by race - there are some crazy ones out there who are driven by their hatred. But many truly are concerned about the constitutional issue.

I am disliked in the birther threads because I refuse to take a position and prefer to stay neutral. That - and I point out that it is counterproductive to make this a racial issue.

The truth should stand on its own merits without the excess baggage of racial overtones.

Seriously...President Obama's past was examined extensively when he ran here in 1997. Contrary to popular belief he's never been a Chicago insider, and that along with his unusual name sent reporters from not only local papers but national papers as well poring over every aspect of his life. Every young journalist aspires to be the next Woodward or Bernstein, and they truly pulled out all of the stops to try and find some flaw in his background. They found zippo, zilch, nada. Many journalists and papers
spent the money to go to Hawaii, only to be told what has repeatedly been said here: Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States, and was even in utero. There's just no "there" there...no conspiracy, no cover-up.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:55 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Well let me see, there's Ron Paul who was for awhile affiliated with the KKK and even admitted he thinks it's alright for business to discriminate against blacks. He's also a closet homophobe, and he thinks they should disband FEMA and foreign aid to other countries. Not to mention, Ron Paul only cares about states governing themselves without any intervention from the federal government. If he had it his way, we might as well be a continent of 50 different countries. It's more than alright with me if the South secedes from the Union and renames itself "Jesusland." However, that's not going to happen.

Mitt Romney is also unfit to run this country. This guy lived over in France during the Vietnam War and never served a day in his life in the military. I'm an Iraq War veteran. Mitt Romney also has several offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands and even joked around about how his dad laid off several factory workers in Michigan. He may not want white supremacy, but what he DOES want is plutocracy which is a society where all the wealth is concentrated into the hands of a few, and the rich own and govern everything. Are you enlightened now? It doesn't matter who the GOP candidate is. Barack Obama will mop his cockamamie butt all over the floor this coming election. You mark my words!
Well all you did is make the claim that Mitt Romney wants to create a plutocracy - you provided no evidence to support it - so I have to say that I am unconvinced.

As for Paul - if he was affiliated with the KKK - he isn't anymore.

He is a libertarian who believes in free associations - thus any support for businesses being allowed to choose who their customers will be isn't based on racial grounds - but on liberty.

How does disbanding FEMA and ending aid to foriegn countries equate to white supremacy?

Our union is composed of soveriegn states binded together under the federal government for the purposes of providing a few neccesary functions which are stated specifically in the Constitution. Recognizing this does not make one a white supremacist and that is truly a head scratching jump.

I am neither a Romney nor a Paul supporter - but I am not going to sit here and let you make ridiculous claims about my party that cannot be supported. Go back to the drawing board and come up with better arguments if you still think you are right. And definitely give me something about Romney and his "dreams of plutocracy" - that should be interesting...!

Old 04-11-2012, 01:03 AM

802 posts, read 564,365 times
Quote:
Thank you 1,000 times. Good heavens! Explaining this to them in plain English is like a dog chasing its tail.
No. You said she could have given birth to him outside the country and he would have been qualified for president like McCain. That is not true and Arus confirms it. She was to young to confer natural born citizen status to him due to the laws on the books at that time.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 AM

802 posts, read 564,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Seriously...President Obama's past was examined extensively when he ran here in 1997. Contrary to popular belief he's never been a Chicago insider, and that along with his unusual name sent reporters from not only local papers but national papers as well poring over every aspect of his life. Every young journalist aspires to be the next Woodward or Bernstein, and they truly pulled out all of the stops to try and find some flaw in his background. They found zippo, zilch, nada. Many journalists and papers
spent the money to go to Hawaii, only to be told what has repeatedly been said here: Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States, and was even in utero. There's just no "there" there...no conspiracy, no cover-up.
Yes he is a citizen but not a natural born citizen for Article 2 Section 1 purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies