Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 11:54 PM

802 posts, read 564,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
I don't fear the truth because I already know it. His skin color is exactly why they brought this up. Barack Obama was born in Honolulu and Hawaii isn't the name of a small village in Kenya. It's one of the 50 states even though it was the last one annexed into the Union. That being said, it was a state by 1961 when Obama was born. Take it from someone who has a Bachelor's Degree in geography.
If his skin color was a problem then why didn't this issue get brought against Jesse Jackson, Alan Keyes and Herman Cain ( all who are black) when they ran for president? That proves this isn't about race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
They wouldn't care less. If both his parents were born in the United States and Obama was born on the steps of the White House with footage of his birth, they'd still think it was a fake and that the whole thing was stage. All of this is because of the fact that he's black and has a non-Anglo-Saxon sounding name. It wouldn't be an issue if he was a white guy named Steve Johnson. These birthers remind me of those idiots who thought JFK was going to convert the entire United States to Catholicism or those white supremacists in South Africa who accused Nelson Mandela of being a terrorist after apartheid ended and Mandela got elected.
See post 171.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:03 AM

758 posts, read 591,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
If his skin color was a problem then why didn't this issue get brought against Jesse Jackson, Alan Keyes and Herman Cain ( all who are black) when they ran for president? That proves this isn't about race.
Because Jesse Jackson didn't run and the other two were Tea Baggers. They were nothing more than the token black guys used as cheap parlor tricks to divert their real agenda which is white supremacy and plutocracy. Look how long they both lasted in the race.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
See post 171.
I've seen it already, and I answered it.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:06 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
libs bring race wars into this when they fear the truth
"Race wars?" That's not an accurate quote; not very sporting. The residents of Illinois could have told you about President Obama back in '97; his campaign for the office of State Senator caused quite a stir at the time. He was mentored by the late Paul Simon, unquestionably one of the most scrupulously honest and admired members of the U.S. Senate.
We knew about his book, and were justifiably proud when his Keynote Address at the Democratic convention in '04 was so inspirational that people on the national level began to discuss his career. Trust me...all of the b.s. about his birth, religion or allegedly being sworn in on a Koran would have been found by some enterprising young journalist LONG before
President Obama became our U.S. Senator, much less our president. People who feel the need to rely on such an unlikely set of circumstances
should truly ask themselves why that is, then take up crossword puzzles or reading books as an alternative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Simon_(politician)

Old 04-11-2012, 12:09 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
No it doesn't; it only proves that none of them had a snowball's chance in hell of being elected, while President Obama did and was...quite handily, too.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Because Jesse Jackson didn't run and the other two were Tea Baggers. They were nothing more than the token black guys used as cheap parlor tricks to divert their real agenda which is white supremacy and plutocracy. Look how long they both lasted in the race.
Jesse Jackson as a democrat did most certainly run for president back in the 80s. Brush up on your history. Again none of the black candidates I mentioned above were asked to show proof of eligibility which makes your argument that this is all about Obama being black baseless as your continued predillection for irrelevancy demonstrates.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Jesse Jackson most certainly run for president back in the 80s. Brush up on your history. Again none of the black candidates I mentioned above were asked to show proof of eligibility which makes your argument that this is all about Obama being black baseless as your continued predillection for irrelevancy demonstrates.
Yes, I know he ran back in the 80's, but I was just a kid then. I was too young to vote. None of the black candidates were asked that because they had Anglo-Saxon sounding names and not a chance in hell of getting elected like Evenstar51 just elucidated. They DID however want to overturn Roe vs. Wade and run the country like a corporation.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:14 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It really, really, really sucks to be a Birther.
You keep saying that...

Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
It must be fake because Hawaii is a fake state. It's not even attached!!!
It is attached to the planet - and we have a rather extensive empire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies