Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Let me ask you: Which would be the wiser thing to do, if any of these Republicans had any doubts--keep your mouth shut and let sleeping dogs lie or risk public censure and loss of reputation by going public?
Oh c'mon. Just think how many people would have to be "keeping their mouths shut" to perpetuate this "fallacy?" And anyone in the world will tell you that the only way to keep a secret if 3 people know it is if 2 of them are dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 AM

802 posts, read 564,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Not to mention that Obama was not yet even president when this issue first arose so how he could have an impact on their jobs....or anything else....from which neither the Clintons or the McCains could have provided protection is beyond belief.
Remember Reagan cut a deal with the Iranians over the hostages before he was ever elected president. Fukino was quoted saying Obamas original was half typed and half hand written. What Obama released was not half typed nor was it half hand written. That is a problem.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Let me ask you: Which would be the wiser thing to do, if any of these Republicans had any doubts--keep your mouth shut and let sleeping dogs lie or risk public censure and loss of reputation by going public?
Any Republican that could have unseated the Democratic candidate would have been invited to the Whitehouse for a Republican swearing in of the new Republican president and been given a cushy job in the administration.

Any Journalist that unseated the Democratic candidate would have really upgraded his career to unbelievable heights.

Comprehend that? Please remove the tinfoil from your head so the signals can get through. We are trying to contact you!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
YOUR argument was that fear of losing their jobs kept them silent.

Now you are changing YOUR argument to fear of public censure kept them silent.

Your problem now is proving that public censure and loss of reputation would have occurred if these public officials had announced that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii. Why would such censure have occurred based on that announcement?

Old 04-10-2012, 11:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So why the mad preoccupation by some to call the legitimacy of the Presidents birth certificate into question, he's told us he was born in Hawaii and shown his birth certificate to prove it ..end of story..
I'll answer my own question. Bottom line? the whole idiotic birther topic is just the rightwings desperate/pathetic grasping at any straw no matter how ridiculous in an effort to unseat this duly elected BLACK President..

Last edited by jambo101; 04-10-2012 at 11:38 AM..

Old 04-10-2012, 11:10 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
YOUR argument was that fear of losing their jobs kept them silent.

Now you are changing YOUR argument to fear of public censure kept them silent.

Your problem now is proving that public censure and loss of reputation would have occurred if these public officials had announced that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii. Why would such censure have occurred based on that announcement?
I don't have to "prove" anything. We're talking pure speculation. I offered my thoughts on why people might want to keep their mouths shut if they had some dangerous information--job security. There might be other reasons one might choose to remain silent if they knew something they should not reveal. Loss of reputation, loss of status, loss of standing in the community, loss of friends--all are good reasons to keep your mouth shut.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:12 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'll answer my own question. Bottom line? the whole idiotic birther topic is just the rightwings desperate grasping at any straw no matter how ridiculous to unseat this duly elected BLACK President..
Damn. This has to be some kind of record for this forum when it comes to Obama--74 posts made before someone throws out the race card.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And if you can bring yourself to stop chasing red herring and comprehend the only genuine issue here, you will see that it does not matter what you claimed.

Obama was born in Hawaii and is therefore a natural born citizen.
Even though he does have a grandmother that says he was born in Kenya, and she was at the birth.

And even though we know that Hawaii allowed for issuance of a registration of birth (not a certificate of live birth).

Personally, I believe he was in fact born in Kenya. This also explains why he was referred to as a "foreign student" by the family (Bill Ayers family) that paid for his education.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:21 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
I don't have to "prove" anything. We're talking pure speculation. I offered my thoughts on why people might want to keep their mouths shut if they had some dangerous information--job security. There might be other reasons one might choose to remain silent if they knew something they should not reveal. Loss of reputation, loss of status, loss of standing in the community, loss of friends--all are good reasons to keep your mouth shut.
Pure speculation or not, you need to defend your arguments. For instance, why would it be dangerous information? You've already been told that job security was a non-issue for the three public officials in Hawaii that came out and said Obama was born in Hawaii. Job security-non issue. Now you've been asked to make a case why there would be loss of reputation for coming out with facts. Loss of standing in the community--for speaking the truth??

No, your thoughts are not logical.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:27 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
I can't speak for any of them--all I can say is that, to my knowledge, the actual document that was reproduced to the internet has not been examined by any impartial party.
it has.

the LFBC was made available for inspection at a WH press conference that included a representative from WND. as i mentioned earlier photos were taken of the LFBC by savannah guthrie. the photos are of a higher resolution than the PDF version available online so we know that the PDF can not be the source for the document guthrie photographed. guthrie also confirmed the registrar's stamp was embossed by physically feeling it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies