Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:06 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Simple answer: It's a hot potato and their jobs are on the line. If I were a public official I wouldn't touch it either.
Ah, Mark J. Bennett, a Republican, was Attorney General from 2003 to 2010 during the administration of two term Republican Governor Linda Lingle who appointed Republican Dr. Chiyome Fukino to head the Hawaii Department of Health. As you should know Dr. Fukino was the custodian of birth records and certified that Obama was indeed born in Hawaii. Now all three were in their final terms of office when this issue arose so would you be so kind as to explain how their "jobs" were on the line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 10:07 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Seems that none of these Birther's will answer any questions as to who was in on this and who started it all in the beginning.

BECAUSE THEY CANNOT!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Seems that none of these Birther's will answer any questions as to who was in on this and who started it all in the beginning.

BECAUSE THEY CANNOT!
Well that isn't unusual because as one of the main birthers here. wrote to me admitting that they were just trolling.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Until Obama allows a hands on examination of the actual document by impartial examiners, questions are going to remain.
The COLB was handed to investigators, and the Birthers just moved the goalposts - now they wanted the "long form".

Quote:
If they say it shows no evidence of forgery, that will kick the "birthers" off the cliff.
Not a chance. We're not dealing with rational individuals, here - their definition of "impartial examiner" is one who will confirm their delusions. If the document is found to be authentic, it simply confirms that the conspiracy is bigger than they thought, it even got to the examiners.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:13 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
Quote:
To make it clear to the others who have put words into my mouth--I neither affirm nor disavow that Obama was born in Hawaii.
Upon re-reading your posts, I see your position is neither affirming nor denying:

Quote:
I have never said he was NOT born in Hawaii.
So you won't say he was or wasn't.

Quote:
I accept that he was legally elected to the office he holds.
So how do you accept this, unless perhaps you believe he was born in some other state of the United States, other than Hawaii? That's rather a unique position in the argument over Obama's eligibility and personal history. Or are you being purposely sneaky, to split hairs between that which is legal in the process of electing someone, and that which is eligibility of the person running for office?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:15 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah, Mark J. Bennett, a Republican, was Attorney General from 2003 to 2010 during the administration of two term Republican Governor Linda Lingle who appointed Republican Dr. Chiyome Fukino to head the Hawaii Department of Health. As you should know Dr. Fukino was the custodian of birth records and certified that Obama was indeed born in Hawaii. Now all three were in their final terms of office when this issue arose so would you be so kind as to explain how their "jobs" were on the line?
Let me explain it in greater detail.

If any of the public officials mentioned in the post to which I was replaying, thought there could be even the slightest doubt about the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate or his birthplace being Hawaii, he would keep those doubts under his hat and not say a word if he wanted to keep his job. Is that any clearer?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Let me explain it in greater detail.

If any of the public officials mentioned in the post to which I was replaying, thought there could be even the slightest doubt about the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate or his birthplace being Hawaii, he would keep those doubts under his hat and not say a word if he wanted to keep his job. Is that any clearer?
All three were going to lose their jobs regardless of whether they spoke out against Obama or not. All three were Republicans. All three public officials knew their terms of service were coming to an end. The governor could not get re-elected. So there was no question of wanting to keep the job. Is that clearer?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
All three were going to lose their jobs regardless of whether they spoke out against Obama or not. All three were Republicans. All three public officials knew their terms of service were coming to an end. The governor could not get re-elected. So there was no question of wanting to keep the job. Is that clearer?
Not to mention that Obama was not yet even president when this issue first arose so how he could have an impact on their jobs....or anything else....from which neither the Clintons or the McCains could have provided protection is beyond belief.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Upon re-reading your posts, I see your position is neither affirming nor denying:

So you won't say he was or wasn't.

So how do you accept this, unless perhaps you believe he was born in some other state of the United States, other than Hawaii? That's rather a unique position in the argument over Obama's eligibility and personal history. Or are you being purposely sneaky, to split hairs between that which is legal in the process of electing someone, and that which is eligibility of the person running for office?
No, I won't say he was and I won't say he wasn't. At this point, it's almost irrelevant. He holds the office and has for 3 1/2 years and even if an authentic Kenyan birth certificate were to emerge, to try and undo everything now would paralyze the country.

He was placed on the ballot in all 50 states. Voters chose him, the Electors cast their ballots and the vote was affirmed. That makes his election legal.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Let me ask you: Which would be the wiser thing to do, if any of these Republicans had any doubts--keep your mouth shut and let sleeping dogs lie or risk public censure and loss of reputation by going public?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies