Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 11:34 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Pure speculation or not, you need to defend your arguments. For instance, why would it be dangerous information? You've already been told that job security was a non-issue for the three public officials in Hawaii that came out and said Obama was born in Hawaii. Job security-non issue. Now you've been asked to make a case why there would be loss of reputation for coming out with facts. Loss of standing in the community--for speaking the truth??

No, your thoughts are not logical.
Are you kidding? Be realistic. It would ruin their reputations and status in Hawaiian society and those you mention are most likely very well connected in that state. Who wants to be a pariah in one's own community by coming out and saying their native son wasn't born there? Under those kinds of circumstance, silence is golden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 11:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Are you kidding? Be realistic. It would ruin their reputations and status in Hawaiian society and those you mention are most likely very well connected in that state. Who wants to be a pariah in one's own community by coming out and saying their native son wasn't born there? Under those kinds of circumstance, silence is golden.
The question of whether President Obama was born in Hawaii was raised before he won the election. And I don't believe that the people of Hawaii are so corrupt that they would want their public officials to not state the truth, just so that someone who claimed to be born there could get elected. As a nation, we want the best qualified candidate to win office. Not the ineligible candidate. And Hawaiians are no different than other Americans. (Also, if he wasn't born in Hawaii, he wouldn't be "their native son".)

Old 04-10-2012, 11:52 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Even when given ample evidence the "flat earthers" (for want of a better term) refuse to consider evidence that the birth certificate that was presented by Obama is a forgery.
false.

i absolutely have considered, and commented on, all evidence presented by birthers. since i try and limit myself just to birther threads that fact is easy to see by simply following my previous posts.

Quote:
This doesn't prove he was not born in Hawaii; it only gives further evidence the birth certificate presented was a forgery.
but what is the quality of the evidence?

what credentials does nick chase, author of the article, have? this is all he offers on the subject:

"....us who have spent a lifetime writing and producing technical documents, and who remember how they were produced in pre-computer days, and who have the technical expertise today to produce them using computers."

that's pretty vague ( i also match that loose description of "expertise" ). we have no idea what chase is qualified to give an opinion on.

chase quickly goes into describing the supposed errors with the type...... never giving any hint that he has any expertise with manual typewriters.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Even though he does have a grandmother that says he was born in Kenya, and she was at the birth.
wrong.

sarah obama never said he was born in kenya and repeatedly stated he was born in hawaii.

the complete transcript of the sarah obama interview:

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...iptlulu109.pdf

Old 04-10-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The question of whether President Obama was born in Hawaii was raised before he won the election. And I don't believe that the people of Hawaii are so corrupt that they would want their public officials to not state the truth, just so that someone who claimed to be born there could get elected. As a nation, we want the best qualified candidate to win office. Not the ineligible candidate. And Hawaiians are no different than other Americans. (Also, if he wasn't born in Hawaii, he wouldn't be "their native son".)
Yes, I know the question of his birthplace was raised during the campaign.

The people of Hawaii claim him as their native son. He was raised there from the age of 10 (or so) until he graduated from high school. His mother and grandparents were residents of Hawaii. That gives him status as a "native son" regardless of whether he was born there or elsewhere. I don't fault the people of Hawaii for the pride they have that someone from their state was elected president. I think that Kenyans also claim him as one of "their own" and some Indonesians may also feel that way about him.

Your faith in the "people of Hawaii" is just that--a belief, a "faith". I like to believe that people are basically good and want to do and be their best but that doesn't mean I throw out that blanket assessment to every single person I meet. And I am very reluctant to throw that out to most of the people who go into politics as a career or are political insiders. They may go in with good intentions but good intentions won't get you very far in that world.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Personally, I believe he was in fact born in Kenya.
according to INS records there were no US citizens traveling from kenya to the US by air between june 30, 1961 and june 30, 1962.

so...... how do you think stanley ann dunham got from kenya to hawaii in 1961?

Born in Africa myth crushed under weight of its complexity | Obama Conspiracy Theories

Old 04-10-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
false.

i absolutely have considered, and commented on, all evidence presented by birthers. since i try and limit myself just to birther threads that fact is easy to see by simply following my previous posts.

but what is the quality of the evidence?

what credentials does nick chase, author of the article, have? this is all he offers on the subject:

"....us who have spent a lifetime writing and producing technical documents, and who remember how they were produced in pre-computer days, and who have the technical expertise today to produce them using computers."

that's pretty vague ( i also match that loose description of "expertise" ). we have no idea what chase is qualified to give an opinion on.

chase quickly goes into describing the supposed errors with the type...... never giving any hint that he has any expertise with manual typewriters.
I don't know the answers to those questions. That's why I said earlier that until some qualified forensic forgery experts can examine the actual document, and state unequivocally that there are absolutely no discrepancies to be found, people are going to keep making their own assertions based upon what they can glean from the internet copies.

802 posts, read 564,365 times
Governor Bill Richardson, a democrat says Obama is a immigrant.

http://www.youtube.com/v=YEjGmT1gmcw

Quote:
He was raised there from the age of 10 (or so) until he graduated from high school..
actually:

0-1month hawaii
1month-2years seattle
2-6 hawaii
6-10 indonesia
10-18 hawaii

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Yet another thread about how obviously fake the birth certificate is, despite the fact that this has been examined in a court of law at least twice and deemed legitimate.

It's real, Obama's a NBC, idiots need to stop grasping at straws and making their side look bad. There's a reason the GOP isn't pursing this, and it's kinda because they actually want to win an election. Even the GOP, as idiotic as they've been this election season, won't touch this idiocy with a 10 foot pole. Which should tell you how stupid it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies