Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I agree that MSM skews all their news, but you can't just up and shoot someone because they look intimidating in their hoodie. The Zimmerdork guy was also told by a 911 dispatcher not to confront Martin...but he didn't heed that warning. I don't know the full story here but I think Zimmerdouche needs a lot of jail time to think about his actions, and the fact that he carelessly, and negligently killed a young person. And why was Zimmerspaz carrying a gun for a neighborhood watch program !?
Like I said, I dunno the whole story, just my two cents.
I advise you actually read the facts of the case before throwing around insults. It really makes you look even more ignorant than you obviously are, by your own admission.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:26 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
I agree that MSM skews all their news, but you can't just up and shoot someone because they look intimidating in their hoodie. The Zimmerdork guy was also told by a 911 dispatcher not to confront Martin...but he didn't heed that warning. I don't know the full story here but I think Zimmerdouche needs a lot of jail time to think about his actions, and the fact that he carelessly, and negligently killed a young person. And why was Zimmerspaz carrying a gun for a neighborhood watch program !?
If you don't know the whole story, why don't you get the whole story before jumping to conclusions?

Old 05-23-2012, 01:27 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yeah, well, your posts give me some bad vibes.

What's your point?
Maybe your area isn't as "safe" as you would like to think it is.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You sound like a woman honestly. And you probably are.

Zimmerman had a broken nose, which means he more than likely was bleeding from his nose to some degree. And from the pictures that were taken, he had bled quite a bit from the back of his head. There are many other marks on the side of his face as well.

I've gotten into a lot of fights, and most of the time I don't bleed much, if at all. Except maybe a little from a lip if i get popped in the mouth. How many people that you know of that have gotten into fights, come out bleeding as much as Zimmerman? And in multiple places? The back of Zimmerman's head has several cuts on it, not just one.

The reality is, the fight had been going on for quite some time. Which you can tell from the 911 calls. And in that time, Zimmerman took many impacts to his face and head.

To equate a fall to someone repeatedly assaulting you, and trying to pretend one is equal to the other, is kind of silly, isn't it?

I mean, let me stand over you for a minute, punching at you, and slamming your head around, then tell me you wouldn't start to become fearful for your life. I'm 6'2" 200 lbs, if that helps paint a picture.

I'm going to ask a serious question, and I would like a serious answer.

In the most recent Rasmussen poll, nearly twice as many people think Zimmerman is innocent as those who think he is guilty. It is much harder to prove guilt than innocence in this case. Do you really believe that the state of Florida stands any chance whatsoever in this case? And do you really believe that twelve jurors will really be swayed to convict Zimmerman?

I mean, the only way I see it happening, is by an all-black jury. But it would be hard to define that as justice.
Well, I was wearing high heels when I slipped and fell. I had rolling briefcase with me, which meant my right hand was behind me, pulling it. When I started flying through the air, I couldn't get my right hand out front, therefore, fell toward my side and that's why my face was injured. People who came up to help me who had not seen the fall thought I had been mugged. There was lots of blood on my face, but they were the result of a few scratches. Facial and head injuries bleed profusely in my experience. NOT funny then, but funny now when I think about it, in a slapstick sort of way. From the looks of the photographs of Zimmermen, actually, I looked worse than he did.

Also, there is a witness who retracted his statement that Trayvon was punching Zimmerman MMA style. That witness now says that maybe Trayvon just pinned Zimmerman down. Zimmerman could easily have scratched his head on the sidewalk.

Everybody thought Casey Anthony would be convicted, but teh State failed with their case. The jury in the Zimmerman case will hear only the evidence which is admissible under the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure.

Do I think a jury will find him guilty? Honestly, I just don't know. What I do know is, without fully knowing the State's case at this point, I wouldn't even make a guess. I like to try to think what kind of case the State will put on, but I'm limited because I don't know all of their evidence. I also don't know what the defense is going to use for evidence since they have asserted self defense and will have to put on evidence of self defense. The self defense law requires that he exhaust every reasonable effort to escape from Trayvon.

The state has charged Zimmerman, so there are three possibilities. Zimmerman will take a plea. Zimmerman will request an immunity hearing and be granted or denied immunity. Or Zimmerman will go to trial and a jury will decide. Even when you sit through a trial, and you hear all the evidence the jury hears, it is often times impossible to predict accurately what the verdict will be. Well, actually there are four possibilities, Zimmerman will have an immunity hearing, be denied, and then will go to trial; or immunity granted and the case dismissed.

If I knew all the evidence the defense has, I could maybe make a better guess, but without knowing that info, it's impossible. An all-black jury in the Sanford/Orlando area would certainly be something that would be raised on appeal if convicted.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:45 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:

You don't understand the story so why would you claim that he deserves jail time..? You understand that he didn't just go shoot up the person. This is not a personal attack, this is a question , is your IQ even above 90?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:52 AM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I think Zimmerman will either beat the charges or they'll be dropped entirely. But that won't be the end of it and it will more likely get more interesting after that. You'll have public reaction to it, the media will try to stir up reactions to it, plus you'll have the civil lawsuits that will arise. And the political fallout against the prosecutors and Sanford officials. Trayvon Martin's parents will sue Zimmerman and Zimmerman will sue any persons or organizations that attacked him.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:04 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
According to the Sanford Police investigation in a report dated March 13

"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely, if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party's concern," the report says. "There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter."

Police report: Trayvon Martin's shooting was 'avoidable'

Interesting that Trayvon had been living in that community for a week. I didn't know that until tonight.

A police report concluded that at the time he was confronted by Zimmerman, Trayvon "was in fact generally running in the direction of where he was staying as a guest in the neighborhood."

Zimmerman had reported "suspicious persons, all young black males" to police on three previous occasions in 2011, the reports said.
"According to record checks, all of Zimmerman's suspicious person calls while residing in the Retreat neighborhood have identified Black males as the subjects," the report said.

they didn't do their homework then. anybody can see all the reports that zimmerman made, and he called on a lot of people-not just black males:

http://webofdeception.com/zimmerman911calls.html

and the police report:

Trayvon Martin shooting: Examine the prelimary police report that has the narrative of the events that transpired on February 26, 2012 at 2831 Retreat View Circle in Sanford

Last edited by floridasandy; 05-23-2012 at 03:14 AM..

Old 05-23-2012, 05:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
However the supposed broken nose is a major part of his defense; one would think that if he thought he really had a broken nose, he would have verified that by going to a doctor to have x-rays done. Also, to be sure there was no other damage done to his skull, etc.

Even with a broken toe you need x-rays. Sometimes the break can be so bad that you need surgery, otherwise you will end up with a stiff toe for the rest of your life.
I know the c-d experts have relatives who are doctors and know everything about broken noses, but what the heck, I'll toss in this info from the know-nothings at the Mayo Clinic ---

"Signs and symptoms of a broken nose may appear immediately or may take up to three days to develop. X-rays and other imaging studies are usually unnecessary. If you have a minor fracture that hasn't caused your nose to become crooked or otherwise misshapen, you may not need professional medical treatment. Your doctor may recommend simple self-care measures, such as using ice on the area and taking over-the-counter pain medications."

Broken nose: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

Old 05-23-2012, 06:01 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No
No

Well, the hosts of GMA are not lawyers, IIRC. I don't see how Trayvon belonging to a fight club matter any more than if he had been a member of the Boy Scouts.
That's funny. You can be sure that if tm was an Eagle Scout, that would be paraded around as much as skittles, iced tea, and his baby-faced cherub picture. In fact, Trayvon in his Scout uni would have been the preferred image.

Frankly, I never heard of tm being part of a fight club. If true, it does go to the question of whether tm may have welcomed rather than avoided a chance to confront and beat someone, when he wasn't volunteering to babysit, washing cars for friends, or praying.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:15 AM

812 posts, read 595,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That's funny. You can be sure that if tm was an Eagle Scout, that would be paraded around as much as skittles, iced tea, and his baby-faced cherub picture. In fact, Trayvon in his Scout uni would have been the preferred image.

Frankly, I never heard of tm being part of a fight club. If true, it does go to the question of whether tm may have welcomed rather than avoided a chance to confront and beat someone, when he wasn't volunteering to babysit, washing cars for friends, or praying.
Wonder why the alphabet stations that hooked all these race baiting mongers into the innocent 12 year old angelic Obama son character didn't put up the gold teeth shooting the double bird pics. What an interesting put up world we inhabit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies