Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 02:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Everyone covering their heads with hoodies, ski masks etc etc in a weather conditions and situation that does not warrant it is LOOKING suspicious.
Geraldo Riviera made an excellent point: you don't want your kids to be mistaken for a gangsters don't let them dress like gangsters.
by Florida standards, it was cold and raining the night of Feb. 26. I cannot think of more appropriate weather conditions for wearing a hoodie up.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Sure. The wave of crime in the us is just a figment of our imagination. A
Actually, it is mostly imagined. No, I'm not going to google the statistics, but you are welcome to do the research yourself in order to back up your statement that there is a "wave of crime" going on. I will, however, give you this article:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...a-is-safer-now

"The last time the crime rate for serious crime – murder, rape, robbery, assault – fell to these levels, gasoline cost 29 cents a gallon and the average income for a working American was $5,807."

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 05-26-2012 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 05-26-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If it were October 31st would you enter a convenience store in a halloween costume with a mask on?
No, but if it were Feb 26, cold and raining, it would be absolutely appropriate to enter a convenience store wearing a hoodie.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:01 PM

136 posts, read 141,938 times
Wearing a hood up inside a convenience store IS SUSPICIOUS, regardless of what the politically correct crowd has to say. White black brown or yellow, it is absolutely suspicious.

Have you really never been to a bank and seen a sign that says "No masks or hoods inside the bank" why do you think that is?

Old 05-26-2012, 03:07 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
For some folks, it's rocket science.

Zimm is beat all to hell. Trayvon, not so much.

For clear thinking brains, the one who is beat all to hell is the victim.

So a person that is smaller or not as good at street fighting starts a physical altercation with someone and ends up getting beat up is the "victim" ?

Old 05-26-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 Letter Crap Spreader View Post
Wearing a hood up inside a convenience store IS SUSPICIOUS, regardless of what the politically correct crowd has to say. White black brown or yellow, it is absolutely suspicious.

Have you really never been to a bank and seen a sign that says "No masks or hoods inside the bank" why do you think that is?
You're talking about a BANK not a convenience store.

It's not politically correct to wear clothing which protects you from cold and rain, as in this case with Martin on Feb. 26. It's common sense. It makes even more sense to be wearing a hoodie up when walking out in the cold and rainy weather while returning home.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
No reason the hoodie couldn't be dropped upoon going inside. It used to be customary for men to remove head gear when entering a building. Still is in the military, where custom and common courtesy last much longer.
Key words here are "it used to be." This is 2012.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:23 PM

136 posts, read 141,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You're talking about a BANK not a convenience store.

It's not politically correct to wear clothing which protects you from cold and rain, as in this case with Martin on Feb. 26. It's common sense. It makes even more sense to be wearing a hoodie up when walking out in the cold and rainy weather while returning home.
Banks and convenience stores, probably the 2 most robbed institutions in America. I have seen the signs in convenience stores also.

Nobody is saying wearing a hoodie is suspicious. Wearing your hood up inside is what is suspicious!!! How is that not getting through to you?

Old 05-26-2012, 03:48 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Key words here are "it used to be." This is 2012.
Right, it's 2012 and headware like hoodies are part of criminal tool to avoid detection. I doubt there's a store owner anywhere, except for c-d storeowners, who doesn't pay special attention to hooded customers.

btw, he wasn't wearing his hoodie up for all his trip home.

I don't know whether it was raining when he entered the 7-11 or was walking there.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 Letter Crap Spreader View Post
Banks and convenience stores, probably the 2 most robbed institutions in America. I have seen the signs in convenience stores also.

Nobody is saying wearing a hoodie is suspicious. Wearing your hood up inside is what is suspicious!!! How is that not getting through to you?

I have never seen such a sign in a convenience store.

I hear you. I just disagree with you specifically in this case. Yes, if it were 85 degrees outside, clear weather, and someone wore a hoodie up in a store, that would certainly seem unusual and suspicious.

However, those were not the circumstances when Martin wore his hoodie up in the convenience store, as well as wearing it up on his way home. The fact that he did wear a hoodie and wore it up should not be held against him as many in this thread are doing. They are using the simple fact that he wore a hoodie as "evidence" in their minds he was up to no good. That's ridiculous now and it was ridiculous when Geraldo said it. The weather conditions in Florida that night warranted the wearing of some type of clothing to protect yourself from rain and cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies