Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM

24 posts, read 42,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
The right-wingers on this board love to compare Bill Maher with Ted Nugent. They say President Obama needs to denounce Bill Maher.

1. Obama never courted Bill Maher for his backing and Obama never publicly stated how much he appreciated Maher's support. Romney did court Nugent and said how "fun" it was to get to know the nut-job Nugent.

2. Bill Maher says things that may offend some, but he doesn't allude to violence--calling someone a c%^& isn't the same as saying that the sitting president should "suck on his machine gun" as Nugent said.

3. Bill Maher is actually funny and intelligent. Nugent has the maturity of an eleven year old boy, isn't funny and trades in dangerous rhetoric.

I suspect that most of the right-wingers have never even seen Bill Maher.

Here's a clip of the latest episode:

HBO: Real Time with Bill Maher: Homepage
True dat. Bill Maher is a comedian, Nugent is a good guitar player. Personally Even though he's a bit of an *******, I prefer Bill. Why? Because he cracks jokes...Ted Nugent is a gun freak and guns, well, they kill people. Nugent also said "If Barack Obama is elected, I'll either be dead or in jail this time next year," which is not funny, but false and kind of threatening in a macho-rednecky kind of way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1969 View Post
Because I believe that a religion (*cult*ahem) that had racist doctrine until 1976, who's recent (200 yrs i believe) leaders in this country are famous for polygamy, is a bigger deal than whatever religion Obama follows.
I don't remember Romney practicing polygamy when he was Governor.

What's he going to do - issue executive orders legalizing polygamy?

He's not a racist either.

Speaking of racists though - Obama sat in the church of a racist for 20 years.

Feeling uneasy about that?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Talent: Maher=pointless monotonous twaddle. Nugent=Rock and Roll God.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

It's easier to hate someone for what they might do. Not so much worried about what the person has already done.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:

Jeremiah Wright? Valid point. I don't thing either of them are racist, I'm just saying if you dig into mormonism there is some seriously creepy stuff not that far back in history. Obama, on the other hand, is a christian who sat in the pews for 20 years listening to someone we know almost everything about (thank you fox news). Personally, I don't think what the pastor said was really that telling of Obama's beliefs or actions. Obviously Mr. President hasn't enacted any racist laws...but, seriously? Are you really worried about the condition of whites in the United States? Ha!
I'm afraid of a multi-million person fast-growing religion with a sketchy past making our country one giant conservative buzz-kill like Utah, like Mitt Romney. Somehow a 70-year old retired preacher really doesn't worry me.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:33 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1969 View Post
Jeremiah Wright? Valid point. I don't thing either of them are racist, I'm just saying if you dig into mormonism there is some seriously creepy stuff not that far back in history. Obama, on the other hand, is a christian who sat in the pews for 20 years listening to someone we know almost everything about (thank you fox news). Personally, I don't think what the pastor said was really that telling of Obama's beliefs or actions. Obviously Mr. President hasn't enacted any racist laws...but, seriously? Are you really worried about the condition of whites in the United States? Ha!
I'm afraid of a multi-million person fast-growing religion with a sketchy past making our country one giant conservative buzz-kill like Utah, like Mitt Romney. Somehow a 70-year old retired preacher really doesn't worry me.
Vote for whoever you want man.

How the hell is someone going to get Congress to turn America into Mormonland?

I'd be more worried about Muslims planning terrorist acts on American soil than someone you think is creepy.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Vote for whoever you want man.

How the hell is someone going to get Congress to turn America into Mormonland?

I'd be more worried about Muslims planning terrorist acts on American soil than someone you think is creepy.
How the hell does anybody get other people to convert to Mormonism? ...Yet it is one of the fastest growing religions.
And have we had any "terrorist acts" while Obama was in the white house? didn't think so.
We even got Bin Laden
I feel alot safer with Obama in office than Bush, Romeny, or any other over-zealous nationalistic republican (Ron Paul being the one exception).
When in doubt, I look at whoever Ted Nugent hates and vote for them!
...then I listen to one of his records!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
I've learned enough about Romney.
I've learned enough about Obama.

Obama is an idiot.
I made several typos in my last few posts on CD, even some grammatical error so I need to type shorter comments! I do want to say one thing in response to you, however. When I see "Obama is an idiot" and similar remarks, I always realize I can't have a reasonable discussion with that person. I'd trade my brain for his any day of the week, and I'm far from stupid.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Some people just arent funny, through no fault of their own.
-shrugs-
Nice defense mechanism.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If you think that the economy is gonna do a 360 ASAP if Mittens is elected, I have a bridge to sell you.
Don't you mean 180? Common error...for some anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies