Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:58 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Yes, and that is why I disapproved of the pastors language and said he went over the line.
You would think they could come up with something original and not mimic Ted Nuggent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 08:11 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You would think they could come up with something original and not mimic Ted Nuggent.
I agree, but I think all sides need to stop with the specific violent metaphors.

There are people who are extremists and will act violently, and if party supported leaders speak with violent metaphor (with attendees cheering), these extremists will think they have mainstream support for acting violently.

Let's remember the the guy who shot up the Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church to kill liberals, or the guy who killed the abortion doctor in Kansas at his church, or the guy who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan.

Violent speech about cutting off people's heads encourages these guys.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:16 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
Quote:
Violent speech about cutting off people's heads encourages these guys.
That's exactly what the Democrat and Union Leaders want to do here.

Encourage violence.

Otherwise they wouldn't seek out these kinds of speakers for their rallies.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:18 AM

Why do the Democrats have Communists inciting violence at their rallies?

In addition to McJunkins' suggestion to behead Scott Walker, William McNary delivered the keynote speech. McNary is a longtime ally of the Communist Party U.S.A. and President Obama. McNary is the President of USAction, a self proclaimed “aggressive progressive” and a frequent speaker at left-wing Union events in Illinois and around the Midwest, including the Communist Party U.S.A.’s 2005 annual convention.

We didn’t ask for this fight, we didn’t pick this fight, but if it’s a fight you want, it’s a fight you gonna get. Knuckle up! Knuckle up! Knuckle up!” he shouted to the roaring crowd.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
That's exactly what the Democrat and Union Leaders want to do here.

Encourage violence.

Otherwise they wouldn't seek out these kinds of speakers for their rallies.
If you noticed I am equally condemning Ted Nugent and this pastor.

Have you condemned Nugent's "cutting off heads" comment? You started this thread trying to make sure the liberals who condemned Ted Nugent's language would also condemn this pastor's. Are you also as even handed in that you too condemn Ted Nugent's language as you have done the pastor's?

Old 04-21-2012, 08:30 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times
Strategically and politically opponents of extremist, anti-American values WI. Governor Walker have been attempting to "cut his head off" in for form of the recall election. I support those efforts, because Walker has launched a head-on attack on the middle-class and our nation's values.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:33 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wow, he sounds like a Muslim terrorist. That sounded like a death threat on an elected official. It at the very least should be investigated as such.
No, he sounds like a fundamentalist Christian. You should read the story of David and Goliath sometime.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Strategically and politically opponents of extremist, anti-American values WI. Governor Walker have been attempting to "cut his head off" in for form of the recall election. I support those efforts, because Walker has launched a head-on attack on the middle-class and our nation's values.
I definitely support the recall effort. Emphatically! He seems to be determined to do as much damage as he can before he is thrown out of office. It is awful. I really hope the recall effort works. But, people talking like that pastor did does not help this cause. It turns people who might have slightly leaned in our direction away.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
If you noticed I am equally condemning Ted Nugent and this pastor.

Have you condemned Nugent's "cutting off heads" comment? You started this thread trying to make sure the liberals who condemned Ted Nugent's language would also condemn this pastor's. Are you also as even handed in that you too condemn Ted Nugent's language as you have done the pastor's?
Yup, I'll admit that it was not good for Ted to say those things for the same reason.

It is appropriate that I started this thread though. This happened 5 days ago - without a peep from the main stream media.

It's possible too, that many Liberals that frequent City Data will avoid comment on this thread.

Yeah, both sides are using bad language.

I have a feeling that these unions are serious though. And there will be bloodshed in Wisconsin. If they can't get their way at the ballot box they will try to take it by force. This is not good.

Who controls the unions? Nobody.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,860,197 times
Ummm....where do these protesters get the time to attend?

I thought they all would be too busy working with this booming economy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies