Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:19 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times

Advertisements

I haven't even read the book you just published above. It's too long. But I will.

My point has nothing to do with if someone threatens to kill someone literally.

It was to point out that Liberals use the same language and call it threatening. No problem.

When Conservatives use the same language. Boy oh boy, you'd better get the Secret Service.

Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
It's all drama-building exercises from either perspective and I find that to be stupid.
OK,

You've decided that that's all it is.

But, it's more than that.

There are people that want to lie.

There are people that want to smear and distort the truth.

There are people that don't mind threatening people literally.

Unions come to mind. Democrats don't mind physical violence ... as long as it fits their agenda.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,463,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
OK,

You've decided that that's all it is.

But, it's more than that.

There are people that want to lie.

There are people that want to smear and distort the truth.

There are people that don't mind threatening people literally.

Unions come to mind. Democrats don't mind physical violence ... as long as it fits their agenda.
Or I could live in a world where everyone not of my opinion is nefariously seeking to alter the reality of my world by only reporting on issues that I just so happen to disagree with.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Or I could live in a world where everyone not of my opinion is nefariously seeking to alter the reality of my world by only reporting on issues that I just so happen to disagree with.
Whatever.

The reality of your world is just not to give a damn.

The Liberal media doesn't want the behavior of these unions and their members to be publicized. Violence on the Left doesn't bother them at all.

Well, people are going to see this and Walker will remain in office.

Then the unions will really get violent. Even though Scott Walker is the best thing that could have happened for Wisconsin.

New Tone: Union Rally Speaker Tells Scott Walker 'We Cut Your Head Off'

Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,463,935 times
Quote:
Whatever.

The reality of your world is just not to give a damn.

The Liberal media doesn't want the behavior of these unions and their members to be publicized. Violence on the Left doesn't bother them at all.

Well, people are going to see this and Walker will remain in office.

Then the unions will really get violent. Even though Scott Walker is the best thing that could have happened for Wisconsin.

Yeah. I was reading an article about how unions are arming themselves to the teeth with semi-automatic weapons, grenade launchers, and practicing military maneuvers outside Green Bay just in case Walker is re-elected. Unions are so notorious for their militia-like behavior.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah. I was reading an article about how unions are arming themselves to the teeth with semi-automatic weapons, grenade launchers, and practicing military maneuvers outside Green Bay just in case Walker is re-elected. Unions are so notorious for their militia-like behavior.

Democrat union leaders and union members are vile, disgusting people who stink with hatred. 2,000 Democrats cheered and applauded when allies of Barack Obama - a Communist speaking guest and a Pastor - called for the killing of Governor Walker.

The large crowd of Liberals went wild and joined in when the Communist Keynote Speaker clenched his fists and started chanting "Knuckle Up, Knuckle Up, Knuckle Up, Knuckle Up".

These people are dangerous and need to be watched by law enforcement.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:22 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,873 times
Quote:

Democrat union leaders and union members are vile, disgusting people who stink with hatred. 2,000 Democrats cheered and applauded when allies of Barack Obama - a Communist speaking guest and a Pastor - called for the killing of Governor Walker.

The large crowd of Liberals went wild and joined in when the Communist Keynote Speaker clenched his fists and started chanting "Knuckle Up, Knuckle Up, Knuckle Up, Knuckle Up".

These people are dangerous and need to be watched by law enforcement.
I'd bet money that your olfactory senses are so fine tuned that you could detect the disgusting hatred filled stink of a union member within a one mile radius.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I'd bet money that your olfactory senses are so fine tuned that you could detect the disgusting hatred filled stink of a union member within a one mile radius.
How much?

After one of us wins, Obama will take half.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me?

The Left gets a pass and the Right doesn't?

And now it's time for me not to call out Democrats when they use violent language? Please Yooperkat, don't say anything about this.

Liberals are not going to get off that easy.

You know as well as I do that if no one hears about it - the Left using violent speech - then it doesn't exist.

For three days straight you Progressives ripped Ted Nugent a new one because you claimed his words threatened your President's life.

See Democrats using language that they tell everyone else not to use.

The public unions that are trying to chop off Scott Walker's head will not stop their intimidating speech until they lose Wisconsin's recall election May 8th.

Do you think that American citizens should have to be threatened by these thugs? Do you think that it's good for people to be scared for their lives?

If a union says something like "We Cut Your Head Off" should we all say that that's acceptable because it's just something Democrats say and that's OK?

Especially since Democrats want to stop Bullying?

The media will let you off the hook, your conscience will let you off the hook, but Republicans won't.
Good lord. Even the OP on that thread said that Nugent comparing liberals to cockroaches wasn't the issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
]

His hateful mouth isn't the problem. The problem lies with his listeners who are too ready to accept the hate, the name calling, the divisive rhetoric, who never call anybody's hand over the use of their words so long as they agree with it.

That people are so accepting of violent metaphors says more about us than it does about people like Nugent, doesn't it?
The problem is inflammatory rhetoric. But the OP foresaw that people like you are the real problem. Condemn the inflammatory rhetoric on both sides, rather than defending such rhetoric when someone whose politics you agree with does it and then screeching about the power of words when someone you don't agree with does it. Like I said . . . pure hypocrisy and no dignity on your part.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
The problem is inflammatory rhetoric. But the OP foresaw that people like you are the real problem. Condemn the inflammatory rhetoric on both sides, rather than defending such rhetoric when someone whose politics you agree with does it and then screeching about the power of words when someone you don't agree with does it. Like I said . . . pure hypocrisy and no dignity on your part.
This is what the Democrats and Unions are up to.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies