Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,003,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
That's why I don't vote! Both parties suck, and they don't work for us. It doesn't matter who wins in November, I expect the status quo to continue.
Don't vote then you don't have a right to b-i-t-c-h.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 09:54 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,291,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...
Put a balanced budget amendment on the Federal government and you will go a long way to answering your issue.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,524,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Don't vote then you don't have a right to b-i-t-c-h.
BS! I wasn't the one who voted for Bush II or Obama. I don't vote for the lesser of two evils. I have a right not to vote and to be angry. If Romney wins, we'll all see how similar his policies are to Bush II and Obama's.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,642,745 times
I just snortle when I hear person-a or person-b bleating support for THEIR filthy, corrupt, insane party.

Nothing to be done, BOTH parties are leading this country down a rathole.

I predict a Mad Max scenario will play out across the USA within the next ten years.

I think that a zombie apocalypse is possible???

Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,524,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I just snortle when I hear person-a or person-b bleating support for THEIR filthy, corrupt, insane party.

Nothing to be done, BOTH parties are leading this country down a rathole.

I predict a Mad Max scenario will play out across the USA within the next ten years.

I think that a zombie apocalypse is possible???
Do you have your bullets, beans and beer?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:21 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,003,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
BS! I wasn't the one who voted for Bush II or Obama. I don't vote for the lesser of two evils. I have a right not to vote and to be angry. If Romney wins, we'll all see how similar his policies are to Bush II and Obama's.
You don't vote because you don't want jury duty....

If Romney creates jobs who cares ? 3 1/2 years of Oeconomics is e-n-o-u-g-h.....

Old 05-14-2012, 11:11 PM

249 posts, read 194,386 times
I think that there needs to be a distinction between party and ideology. I am not registered as a Democrat or Republican. I typically vote Democrat. They usually are for gay rights, are more likely to align themselves with the poor, etc. With that said, I still hold scrutiny for things in the Democratic party. For example why aren't the Democrats truly pushing for a public option? It polled well and makes some sense according to the CBO. Countries like Japan, Korea, Switerzland, and Australia have this system.

The fix is not supporting libertarian ideals IMO. Libertarianism is good, only if you have the money and live in rural areas. Letting the market dictate safety (getting rid of the EPA, FDA, CDC, etc is extremely reckless). I think that having libertarians have a voice to counter Republican plans for big government is good, but I still think that a government for the people should be able to at least protect the weakest segments of our society and ensure that we have a thriving middle class.

Having more voices from the left would help. I personally think that we are in an era in which corporations are too embedded in politics and subsequently the needs of the people are shelved. Actual people, not "corporation people". We need to counter this by having voices that deviate left of center in order to serve as an advocate for those of limited means.

I am not advocating communism. I am advocating that more divergent voices be added to break up the hegemony that currently exists.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:16 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,038,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...
Totally agree ... Neither party has our best interest in mind and all they want is more control over our lives. I just wish more and more Americans can wake up to this fact so we can get away from this two-party madness we have in this country

Old 05-14-2012, 11:53 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,642,745 times
[quote=soulseoul;24307033]I think that there needs to be a distinction between party and ideology. I am not registered as a Democrat or Republican. I typically vote Democrat. They usually are for gay rights, are more likely to align themselves with the poor, etc. With that said, I still hold scrutiny for things in the Democratic party. For example why aren't the Democrats truly pushing for a public option? It polled well and makes some sense according to the CBO. Countries like Japan, Korea, Switerzland, and Australia have this system.

The fix is not supporting libertarian ideals IMO. Libertarianism is good, only if you have the money and live in rural areas. Letting the market dictate safety (getting rid of the EPA, FDA, CDC, etc is extremely reckless). I think that having libertarians have a voice to counter Republican plans for big government is good, but I still think that a government for the people should be able to at least protect the weakest segments of our society and ensure that we have a thriving middle class.

Having more voices from the left would help. I personally think that we are in an era in which corporations are too embedded in politics and subsequently the needs of the people are shelved. Actual people, not "corporation people". We need to counter this by having voices that deviate left of center in order to serve as an advocate for those of limited means.

HAHA, I could just see this ins**e, ret**ded country implementing a public option for health care...........it would be a disaster * 1000. The gang that can't shoot straight.........wow, a nightmare scenario that would be. 20-30 million illegals scooping up the bennies....oh-my!

Maybe even the insane, psychotic, corrupt Demor**s see the writing on the wall on the insane idea of a Public option.....not pushing too hard for it.

Social Security.....PHONY-WORTHLESS-TRUST-FUND...........same with MEDICARE..........this country could mess up a wet dream......public option.......DOH!

Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.
Good to see you posting, Mr. Carney!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies