Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Sigh, when libs can't fight back they bring up FOX.
True, but i'll give him 5 points for at least spelling "fox" correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,205,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You "love MSNBC?"

That speaks volumes. Most liberals won't even come close to defending those clowns these days because even they know how partisanly ignorant those talking heads are. FOX is not a viable argument anymore because of how low MSNBC has stooped in its defense of Barack Obama.

I think you might be the first person i've ever known to "love MSNBC," or at least admit it in a political forum.
I Probably don't take politics as serious as you do. I treat MSNBC just like I treat anything else I see on telivision... Entertainment. Now as a liberal do they support a lot of the things I believe in? Of course but I don't watch them for news or to get my political information, they have programming I like and I named them.
I'm not a fan of Fox, it's biased also, but I like bill oreily so I watch his show when I can.

As for Obama, that's MSNBC's guy, of course they're going to defend him.

Why are you shocked?

Old 06-19-2012, 08:07 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,205,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Are you really shocked that a media outlet has an agenda? They do it in print, by showing pictures of politicians with stupid looks on their face with some caption below to get their point across. Radio and TV use sound bites and video clips to do the same. It isn't just MSNBC. Fox does the same thing to Obama all the time, they show edited clips of video to get whatever negative thing they are saying about Obama across. Have you ever seen Fox News portray Obama in a positive light? They have an agenda too. People that are not able to decipher fact from propaganda fall prey. Unfortunately too many people depend on media to think for them. All the information is at your finger tips, it isn't hard to get the facts. Too bad so many people really aren't interested in facts, on both ends of the politcal spectrum.

Exactly everyone has an agenda.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:13 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You "love MSNBC?"

That speaks volumes. Most liberals won't even come close to defending those clowns these days because even they know how partisanly ignorant those talking heads are. FOX is not a viable argument anymore because of how low MSNBC has stooped in its defense of Barack Obama.

I think you might be the first person i've ever known to "love MSNBC," or at least admit it in a political forum.
Fox is certainly no better than MSNBC. In my opinion, they are far worse. As a Liberal, I can see that MSNBC does have a liberal bias. Why do Conservatives have such a hard time admitting that about Fox? They have never portrayed Obama in a positive light. They have never given him credit for anything but call themselves fair and balanced. Imagine MSNBC calling themselves "leveled and objective"...LOL. People would have a field day with that one. Yet Fox gets away with it and Conservatives defend them as if they are family or giving them a pay check. By the way, not everyone on MSNBC hates Romney.

Please tell me what Liberal has his own show in Fox (anything with that weak Alan Combs does not count). Speaking of stooping low, Fox definitely wins that competition. Glen Beck said that Obama hates white people and countless lies (not just by him) have gone on the air with no correction, no argument and apologies by Fox News. At least people on MSNBC have enough class to apologize and retract when they have gone too far or given incorrect information.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:19 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
BSNCB LIES? Not exactly news, people have known that for years. Both viewers end up mislead.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:20 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Fox is certainly no better than MSNBC. In my opinion, they are far worse. As a Liberal, I can see that MSNBC does have a liberal bias. Why do Conservatives have such a hard time admitting that about Fox? They have never portrayed Obama in a positive light. They have never given him credit for anything but call themselves fair and balanced. Imagine MSNBC calling themselves "leveled and objective"...LOL. People would have a field day with that one. Yet Fox gets away with it and Conservatives defend them as if they are family or giving them a pay check. By the way, not everyone on MSNBC hates Romney.

Please tell me what Liberal has his own show in Fox (anything with that weak Alan Combs does not count). Speaking of stooping low, Fox definitely wins that competition. Glen Beck said that Obama hates white people and countless lies (not just by him) have gone on the air with no correction, no argument and apologies by Fox News. At least people on MSNBC have enough class to apologize and retract when they have gone too far or given incorrect information.
You DO realize that Glen Beck doesn't work for Fox news, doncha?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,146,110 times
Quote:

The key to understanding MSNBC is to know what they DON'T SAY instead of what they DO say. For instance, I can watch Al Sharpton or Ed Schultz and recognize when they intentionally leave out tidbits of fact that add context to whatever "conservative lies" they think they're exposing. In other words, someone who is familiar with politics and the topics of the day will know when Ed and Al are not telling the whole truth. But to the average viewer? They take Al and Ed at face value and then parrot those viewpoints on internet forums, private discussions, etc. I've seen it right here on this forum, as well as in personal interactions with others. I actually don't watch FOX, but i'm sure the same thing happens there is well.

It's what's NOT being said that's important. Everyone needs to understand that they're being lied to for partisan effect. MSNBC is horrific.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,791,311 times
If the OP was looking for a lack of journalistic integrity on MSNBC, Andrea Mitchell was the right choice. She is the Sean Hannity of liberal TV.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:15 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,000,077 times
MSNBC is a joke. It's the liberal version of "Faux News" which is very embarrassing for them

Old 06-19-2012, 11:20 AM

276 posts, read 236,435 times
People are acting like MSNBC is some fringe news organization, when its a valued member of the MSM. They edited a tape in service of falsehood? So did ABC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies