Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times

Advertisements

Well, let us think about it.

One purpose of this executive order is get those who are in this country illegally to come forward and apply for work permits, valid for two years. These illegals must meet certain criteria: presently younger than 30 years of age; brought into this country prior to age 16; in this country for at least five years; pose no security or criminal threat, and are successful students or served in the military.

According to the President, the main purpose of this order is to free up finite resources to go after those illegals who do pose threats: those who would not, under any circumstances, come forward and apply for a work permit.

Chances are, the only ones who will come forward to apply for the permits are law abiding, and don't mind becoming 'known' to the INS. It is a chance because having your application for a two-year exemption is not a 'sure thing'. Indeed, the next president may easily sign a new executive order cancelling the prior executive order, and then order all those who signed up deported.

So, if you are robbed by an illegal, it is probably not 'one of Obama's illegals', but the illegal he wants to catch and deport (recall that under Obama, deportations of illegals has risen to record heights).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 06:23 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the justice departments feet. And Janet Napolitano. And, of course, Obama.
I blame every President for the past 50 years or so, for letting this snowball to this level today.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:25 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
Suppose that the entire US were the victim of predatory lending practices and lending?

I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the bankers' feet. And, of course, Republicans.
Theres enough blame for Republicans and Democrats both on this.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:30 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the justice departments feet. And Janet Napolitano. And, of course, Obama.
It would depend on how long they have been in this country illegally.

If more than four years, I would have to sue George Bush, right?

Old 06-29-2012, 06:30 AM

27,658 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, let us think about it.

One purpose of this executive order is get those who are in this country illegally to come forward and apply for work permits, valid for two years. These illegals must meet certain criteria: presently younger than 30 years of age; brought into this country prior to age 16; in this country for at least five years; pose no security or criminal threat, and are successful students or served in the military.

According to the President, the main purpose of this order is to free up finite resources to go after those illegals who do pose threats: those who would not, under any circumstances, come forward and apply for a work permit.

Chances are, the only ones who will come forward to apply for the permits are law abiding, and don't mind becoming 'known' to the INS. It is a chance because having your application for a two-year exemption is not a 'sure thing'. Indeed, the next president may easily sign a new executive order cancelling the prior executive order, and then order all those who signed up deported.

So, if you are robbed by an illegal, it is probably not 'one of Obama's illegals', but the illegal he wants to catch and deport (recall that under Obama, deportations of illegals has risen to record heights).
Dont think too hard. The purpose of this order was Votes period

Old 06-29-2012, 06:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Or Rubio, which was about to propose the same plan, let's make sure all are included
Point is this, they are already here, even though Obama has deported more illegals in less than four years than Bush did in eight. So what is the answer to the illegal question? I and a few others here, have given you the answer several times, and we know that neither Party willever pursue it.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:44 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Awwww come on! A person can be a victim of anyone not just someone from a different country or perhaps an illegal. Everyone is now grabbing at straws and you just got the short straw by worrying about getting hurt by an illegal. Of the horrid crimes committed over the past, say 5 years, just how many were done by illegals? Look, I am just like anyone else and think folks should come to this country legal just like our Italian, Polish, German, Irish forefathers did. If they don't then why is it Obama's fault? Someone is falling asleep at the borders and someone is obviously getting paid huge dollars to let them come here.
OK..now this is gonna create havoc but I have to say it. Some time ago, I hired pure caucasian men to work on our roof. They came highly recommended. Not six months later the roof AND the skylight both leaked. When I had them come back to fix things, our ceilings in the kitchen and dining room were ruined from leaking. I go outside to check on their progress and they are sitting down RESTING drinking beer....I FIRED them on the spot.
I searched for a new roofer who had mostly Columbians working for him and the roof got done in record time, no drinking and no mess and VERY respectful. So.............why put all the blame for what goes on here in our country on illegals?? They will work and they do quality work.
Oh, by the way....Charles Manson was not an illegal.
Do you know what the mexicans get paid per year in Mexico.. @ 17 hundred US dollars a year. @ 30 US dollars a week.. Of course they work here.. they are making huge bucks compared to Mexico.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:16 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It would depend on how long they have been in this country illegally.

If more than four years, I would have to sue George Bush, right?
It is the fault of ALL of our progressive policies over the last 75 years.

In the guise of political correctness, they have failed the LEGAL American citizens.

Yes.

Bush is as much to blame as all the rest.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Or Rubio, which was about to propose the same plan, let's make sure all are included
Point is this, they are already here, even though Obama has deported more illegals in less than four years than Bush did in eight. So what is the answer to the illegal question? I and a few others here, have given you the answer several times, and we know that neither Party willever pursue it.
I'll use the leftie argument here...."It can happen to you!".

If one of your family members is killed by the actions of an illegal, who, under LAW, should have been deported at some point, will you just say "oh well"?

The answer is to stop pandering.

This is not a "war against hispanics".

We should be hiring INS personnel to round these people up and deport them.

Regardless of how they got here.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:40 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Awwww come on! A person can be a victim of anyone not just someone from a different country or perhaps an illegal. Everyone is now grabbing at straws and you just got the short straw by worrying about getting hurt by an illegal. Of the horrid crimes committed over the past, say 5 years, just how many were done by illegals? Look, I am just like anyone else and think folks should come to this country legal just like our Italian, Polish, German, Irish forefathers did. If they don't then why is it Obama's fault? Someone is falling asleep at the borders and someone is obviously getting paid huge dollars to let them come here.
OK..now this is gonna create havoc but I have to say it. Some time ago, I hired pure caucasian men to work on our roof. They came highly recommended. Not six months later the roof AND the skylight both leaked. When I had them come back to fix things, our ceilings in the kitchen and dining room were ruined from leaking. I go outside to check on their progress and they are sitting down RESTING drinking beer....I FIRED them on the spot.
I searched for a new roofer who had mostly Columbians working for him and the roof got done in record time, no drinking and no mess and VERY respectful. So.............why put all the blame for what goes on here in our country on illegals?? They will work and they do quality work.
Oh, by the way....Charles Manson was not an illegal.

Are you bragging about hiring illegals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies