Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:24 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Illegal is Illegal. Leave, or get legal.

Please understand, if you are here illegally, you are a criminal. If you don't take steps to get legal, you are simply compounding the issue.

I understand not everyone is a felon, and MANY illegals are here to earn a living. My mother's parents came here from Russia, and became citizens. They were very proud of that fact, and proud that they learned English, and were self sufficient hard working legal citizens.

My father's parents, the same, Polish/German. Learned English, became a legal citizens.

I am a second generation American, and I personally, from stories told to me from both sets of grandparents, some of the horrors of WW2, why my father's parents would have been horrified had I ever considered a tattoo, and the pride each one felt, becoming a legal citizen.

BTW, the reason more illegals have been deported under Obama, is because far more have come here illegally, since his inauguration.
Well, illegal immigration has fallen since 2008; not due to anything President Obama has done, but simply due to the severe recession here, and a better economy in Mexico. Here is just one example article about this:

The 'dramatic' decline in illegal immigration: 3 theories - The Week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 01:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
Suppose that the entire US were the victim of predatory lending practices and lending?

I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the bankers' feet. And, of course, Republicans.
Nice try, but it was Clinton who made preditory lending possible. I'd blame greedy people who fill the ranks of both sides. Stop playing the divide and conquer game, it's so childish.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:44 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,849,590 times
Quote:
Illegal is Illegal. Leave, or get legal.

Please understand, if you are here illegally, you are a criminal. If you don't take steps to get legal, you are simply compounding the issue...
"Criminal" implies culpability. In particular for President Obama's latest action, there can be a portion that were "removable", but have not been culpable for immigration law violations until they reach the age of 18-1/2. There typically is not any process to "get legal" on their own, as all immigration to the United States is based on a relationship to a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident for family-based methods (roughly two-thirds of the numbers) or an employer able to be a valid sponsor.

Quote:
...I understand not everyone is a felon, and MANY illegals are here to earn a living. My mother's parents came here from Russia, and became citizens. They were very proud of that fact, and proud that they learned English, and were self sufficient hard working legal citizens.

My father's parents, the same, Polish/German. Learned English, became a legal citizens.

I am a second generation American, and I personally, from stories told to me from both sets of grandparents, some of the horrors of WW2, why my father's parents would have been horrified had I ever considered a tattoo, and the pride each one felt, becoming a legal citizen...
Superfluous. You don't need to define a U.S. citizen as "legal". "Working hard", learning English, nor the reasons/calamities they left the lands where they were born were any conditions to U.S. citizenship at the time.

With relatively low restrictions to the 93% of immigrants that came from Europe, where an entire industry of passenger lines were built to bring people over...

Quote:
...BTW, the reason more illegals have been deported under Obama, is because far more have come here illegally, since his inauguration.
False, the peak level of illegal aliens is placed at two years before Obama took office (January of 2007), and has decreased in numbers ever since. Around 90% of illegal aliens now present in the United States entered the country before 2005. Net Mexican migration (legal and illegal) is even viewed to be in the negative numbers now.

Obama can't even catch a break for the high numbers and types of illegal immigrants he has directed to be deported...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 06-29-2012 at 01:52 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 01:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the justice departments feet. And Janet Napolitano. And, of course, Obama.
I would place the blame squarely upon the individual who committed the criminal act. I think that is the generally accepted rational response to such incidents. A person irrational enough to to go about blaming Obama for the actions of an individual would find it just as logical to blame the perpetrators parents, pre-school teacher, favorite TV show, computer game, or even the tooth fairy regardless of the resident status of the perpetrator.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:45 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the justice departments feet. And Janet Napolitano. And, of course, Obama.

Obama's illegals? What? Does he have a crew of illegals under his personal command who go around committing crimes? :roll eyes:

You Obamaphobes need to get up to date. Under this President, illegal immigration has fallen to the lowest levels we've seen in decades, the border protection force has grown by 30,000 personnel, the number of deportations last year was an ALL TIME HIGH of 400,000, and the fence y'all used to whine for is just about finished.

In other words, this President has done more to stop the flow of illegals than the past 4 President's combined and you're STILL blaming him!

Of course, I've posted all this before but it doesn't make one bit of difference, does it? Y'all would blame the man for something if he personally found a cure for cancer and offered it free to anyone who wanted it. The issue here isn't illegals, it's Obama.

Why not just be honest and start a thread called "I'll hate Obama no matter what he does." Or, you can borrow a phrase from a very good Christian friend of mine: "I'll never support anything that black SOB does."

How about that? You'll save the rest of us from having to wade through the half-truths, innuendoes and outright lies about the President.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Why are we the only country in the world with dumb enough people to want open borders? Even the Europeans are not as stupid as the liberals in this country.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:23 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,555,737 times
Quote:
The way I see it, to me it will not matter whether the perpetrator is illegal or legal. He/she hurt my family. I do not agree with Obama or Napolitano. This immigration issue goes a long ways back. To me the OP simply reflects anti-Obama/Napolitano feelings. The OP already places an expectation on us the readers, to blame these two individuals.
Do we have illegals that commit atrocities? We sure do. However, my perception is that people with their own biases of some form do blame them for crimes as a group. Any group do have then bad apples and since illegals do have them, it is no different than legal citizens. I do not use this as an immigration issue. To me there is more to it. In history the unpopular group is blame for the peril of socitey and the masses are easy to convince them. Take care.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:26 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Why are we the only country in the world with dumb enough people to want open borders? Even the Europeans are not as stupid as the liberals in this country.
It a freedom thing. The free trade lovers want it.

If I had my way, folks would not be able to take money out of the country. There are long lines every Friday evening at places where money is wired to Mexico. Those are dollars not being spent here. No wonder Calderone is smiling.

I had a friend who inherited money in Spain.. She had to there to buy stuff. She was no allowed to take money out of the country.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Awwww come on! A person can be a victim of anyone not just someone from a different country or perhaps an illegal. Everyone is now grabbing at straws and you just got the short straw by worrying about getting hurt by an illegal. Of the horrid crimes committed over the past, say 5 years, just how many were done by illegals? Look, I am just like anyone else and think folks should come to this country legal just like our Italian, Polish, German, Irish forefathers did. If they don't then why is it Obama's fault? Someone is falling asleep at the borders and someone is obviously getting paid huge dollars to let them come here.
OK..now this is gonna create havoc but I have to say it. Some time ago, I hired pure caucasian men to work on our roof. They came highly recommended. Not six months later the roof AND the skylight both leaked. When I had them come back to fix things, our ceilings in the kitchen and dining room were ruined from leaking. I go outside to check on their progress and they are sitting down RESTING drinking beer....I FIRED them on the spot.
I searched for a new roofer who had mostly Columbians working for him and the roof got done in record time, no drinking and no mess and VERY respectful. So.............why put all the blame for what goes on here in our country on illegals?? They will work and they do quality work.
Oh, by the way....Charles Manson was not an illegal.

Don't even go there. Not all illegals are for the job at hand, or know how to do it right, or are respectufl.

Lets not got there. In the construction industry, they get paid less, and their work is of non superior quality, please do not get me started.

Found out by accident in 0/10 while having a huge undertaking of a remodeling and many new additions with another 3rd car garage added, ,with side yard access, and a huge 50x13 deck added.

Contractor first sent in illegals, and your wrong, they do not all know what the hell they are doing, don't get me going please.

I ended up calling on my contractor and the illegals. They got in trouble, i know, cause they sent me not only and email, but contractors state board, he got in deep ****. with. They thanked me, long story short, things ended up good, after i got an all american crew for the job, and checked everyone of them out.

Did not call on him, until the project was almost all the way done. ******* ended up walking at the end, he was pissed, because i called him out on the illegals, and would proudly do it again. In a hearbeat.

And yes there are young teens out there willing to work, i know i have hired some, and they are very good at what they do. Not at all lazy, like all the lies out there, that teens don't want to work, depends on where you live i guess.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:35 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:

When the rule of law is not enforced, or selectively enforced, it opens the gates for "frontier justice". The rule of law, and equal enforcement under the law, is the best meant to encourage universal respect. When that is violated, the general public comes to understand that the "game is rigged" and that the law is not to be obeyed by everyone. As such, people "selectively" obey laws THEY agree with and ignore others. This, of course, is the threshold to anarchy.

This president is the worst in US history. He ignores laws HE does not believe in and uses the Constitution for toilet paper. He is a totalitarian who values his personal motives and objectives above the rule of law. After 2013, I would not be surprised at all to see Obama do jail time for his activities as president. Keep in mind he cut his political teeth in Illinois. Three of the last four governors in Illinois are in federal prison- it is his heritage.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 06-29-2012 at 05:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies