Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I only blame the person who caused the accident. If we start blaming whoever and whatever happened to put them their at that particular moment in time then NOBODY is giong to innocent of anything. Ever. It's a lame thing to think about actually.

So yes, I would say "oh well" because to do anything else is to start down the road to insanity.
Deporting illegal immigrants is starting down the road to insanity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM

416 posts, read 637,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the justice departments feet. And Janet Napolitano. And, of course, Obama.
And which president from which party signed the largest amnesty program in US history?

Liberals and conservatives...take one side or the other and you miss the forest for the trees. hope you smack right into one some day and get some sense

Old 06-29-2012, 05:08 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I've been the victim of many crimes by legal citizens. They got away with it and I don't have any evidence that would hold up in a court now. So the fact that an illegal immigrant might commit a crime against me and not be held up in court isn't exactly, well, eating me up inside. The justice system is far from "just" anyway.
Are you a marxist by any chance?

Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Yea, stuff gets stolen.

But the illegals here are employed by restaurant managers, home builders and produce growers. And Shipley's donuts. If we would put the employers in jail, this chit would stop. Big fines did not shut down Pappas or Shipley's.
The Obama administration will not go after those who hire illegals, nor those who smuggle them over the border. "We" cannot put these scumballs in jail. The Obama administration is doing all it can to encourage massive law breaking -- both by the employers and by the illegals.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:30 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, illegal immigration has fallen since 2008; not due to anything President Obama has done, but simply due to the severe recession here, and a better economy in Mexico. Here is just one example article about this:

The 'dramatic' decline in illegal immigration: 3 theories - The Week
The article "suggests" that it's in decline.There is no proof.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I only blame the person who caused the accident. If we start blaming whoever and whatever happened to put them their at that particular moment in time then NOBODY is giong to innocent of anything. Ever. It's a lame thing to think about actually.

So yes, I would say "oh well" because to do anything else is to start down the road to insanity.
I bet you wouldn't say the same thing if it was rape laws or domestic violence laws not being enforced. If every wife beater or rapist was allowed to do as he pleased and never had to worry about being arrested, then you'd blame the legal system and the courts for the women they killed or raped.

Illegals who never before even rode in a car until they came to the USA, simply start driving and have no ability or right to be driving. Of course they're killing many Americans because they can't even read road signs or ever had to prove they knew anything about traffic laws or how to operate a vehicle.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:34 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Since Bush did nothing about the problen for 8 years even though he had both houses controled by repubs for 6 of those 8, I would have to blame him unless the person came into the country within the last couple of years.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:43 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Oh, by the way....Charles Manson was not an illegal.
Seriously? Charles Manson? WTH?

Oh, by the way, Juan Corona WAS an illegal.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The Obama administration will not go after those who hire illegals, nor those who smuggle them over the border. "We" cannot put these scumballs in jail. The Obama administration is doing all it can to encourage massive law breaking -- both by the employers and by the illegals.
If this is true, he keeps good company. The National Chamber of Commerce, The National Restaurant association, yada yada yada.

One of these days you guys will snap to the fact that it is Republican businessmen who hire illegal workers.
If there were no jobs, Mexico would need to deal with The Church who teaches that birth control is a sin and against the will of God.

A bunch of yardmen trying to get by is dwarfed by the construction workers who have inundated the USA.
Everyone is contract so no records need be kept and no taxes need be paid. Texas was just minutes from passing E-Verify when one of the largest builders in Texas and a huge contributor to Republican causes marched into Austin with a regional grocer who gets their produce from Mexico and the Rio Grande Valley, stopped it in it's tracks. Not another word was said. E-verify was dead in the water.

Sorry, but I'm not blaming an ignorant poor person who is trying to support a family the Church tells him is a gift from God. If there were no jobs in the USA to save Mexico from disaster, the folks would have no reason to come here. Then Mexico and The Church would need to deal with it. Instead of the USA taxpayer subsidizing cheap labor for construction, restaurants and growers and donut makers. The average value of a house in my 88 house subdivision just decreased $45000 because the school has become 66% reduced and free lunch. Ten years ago, we were 10%. Guess who came to lunch and school. I am not faulting the illegals. I'm really ticked at the folks who hire them.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Seriously? Charles Manson? WTH?

Oh, by the way, Juan Corona WAS an illegal.
Also illegals very often were rapists and murderers back in their own country but there are obviously no background checks of any kind required of them. It is the government's fault when it allows dangerous and very violent thugs to simply come on over and live among innocent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies