Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 07:17 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times

Advertisements

Justin Bieber outsells Miles Davis and Velvet Underground by huge margins.

Still not going to trade in my Davis and Velvet Underground cd's for Bieber

The movie looks cheesy as hell, kinda like those 80's action propaganda movies, Red Dawn anyone??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 07:20 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Red Dawn anyone??

and they are remaking that movie. This time it will be N. Koreans invading the US.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
I don't think Obama is a Muslim but he sure is sympathetic to them. I do know 100% true, he bowed to the Saudi King. They will tell you don't pay attention to your lying eyes but we can see it.

This is what D'Souza is saying---why does Obama do the things he does? A lot of it does not make any sense. Many people in the government are saying it. Plus, what he is doing is not working and people can see that as well.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:25 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't think Obama is a Muslim but he sure is sympathetic to them.
and exactly what is wrong with being tolerant (he isn't sympathetic, as he as expressed that the EXTREMIST Muslims are not to be tolerated).

You do know the difference between the peaceful practicing Muslims and those who practice the EXTREMISTS views right?

Quote:
I do know 100% true, he bowed to the Saudi King. They will tell you don't pay attention to your lying eyes but we can see it.
So did Bush. what's your point? He even held the Saudi King's hand.

Quote:
This is what D'Souza is saying---why does Obama do the things he does?
Because he is a better person than you and I. He is tolerant of others beliefs, despite his Christian upbringing.

Quote:
A lot of it does not make any sense.
Only to those who wish to remain blind.

Quote:
Many people in the government are saying it. Plus, what he is doing is not working and people can see that as well.
You can blame the partisan BS done by the Republicans for why thing he wants to do is not working.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:26 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
I don't think Obama is a Muslim but he sure is sympathetic to them. I do know 100% true, he bowed to the Saudi King. They will tell you don't pay attention to your lying eyes but we can see it.

This is what D'Souza is saying---why does Obama do the things he does? A lot of it does not make any sense. Many people in the government are saying it. Plus, what he is doing is not working and people can see that as well.
As an agnostic who loves bacon, booze, and Victoria Secret's ads, I'm sympathetic to the innocent Muslim civilians in the Middle East we bomb on a monthly basis.

Who wouldn't be? You'd have to be a callous SOB to not feel sorry for the families who have had their homes destroyed in these wars.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 PM

861 posts, read 1,250,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
D'Souza is an idiot, and his book "Roots of Obama's Rage" provides ample evidence of that fact. If this were 1993 Obama would we be considered a moderate Republican.

Individual Mandate, and idea that originated with the Heritage Foundation.

Auto industry bailout, see Pen Central Railroad 1970, Lockeed 1971, New York City 1975, Chrysler 1980.

TARP; see Franklin National Bank 1974, Continental Illinois National Bank and Trust 1984, the savings and loan bailouts of 1989, AIG 2008.

Drone warfare against al Qaeda.

Hell compared to Franklin Roosevelt, Obama damn near Herbert Hoover.

To paraphrase the late Lloyd Bentsen; "I've known radicals. I know black radicals, Obama sure as hell isn't one of them."

What will America look like in 2016, pretty much how American looks today.
I was wondering where I might apply for a job as a straw man argumenter. Seems you might be able to give advise in that area.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
As an agnostic who loves bacon, booze, and Victoria Secret's ads, I'm sympathetic to the innocent Muslim civilians in the Middle East we bomb on a monthly basis.

Who wouldn't be? You'd have to be a callous SOB to not feel sorry for the families who have had their homes destroyed in these wars.
Obama could stop the wars and bring the troops home. I don't see him doing it.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
and exactly what is wrong with being tolerant (he isn't sympathetic, as he as expressed that the EXTREMIST Muslims are not to be tolerated).

You do know the difference between the peaceful practicing Muslims and those who practice the EXTREMISTS views right?

So did Bush. what's your point? He even held the Saudi King's hand.

Because he is a better person than you and I. He is tolerant of others beliefs, despite his Christian upbringing.

To the detriment of our country. Letting Brazil have our money to drill and then buying it from them.

Only to those who wish to remain blind.

You can blame the partisan BS done by the Republicans for why thing he wants to do is not working.
Obama had a Dem Congress and Senate for 2 years. Can't blame his missed chances on the Repubs.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Quote:
Obama had a Dem Congress and Senate for 2 years. Can't blame his missed chances on the Repubs.
You're claims are so dumb I have to think you're doing it intentionally. To beat a fillibuster requires a 2/3rds vote and the Dems only had the votes to do that for a grand total of 42 days so, yes, we can indeed blame the Republicans for filibustering every bill in sight including bills they campaigned on and said they support.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:24 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Let's be honest here...this movie is going to change the views of about 0% of the population. The right will come out and watch it to get "confirmation" of their lunatic views, and some (like myself) will watch it for the laugh out loud factor.
That's because you can't fix stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies