Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Homosexuals adopting children is a form of child abuse.
It's sickening when people trivialize child abuse just to push their ignorant bigoted agendas.

National Child Abuse Statistics | Childhelp

• A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds

• More than five children die every day as a result of child abuse.

• Approximately 80% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4.

• It is estimated that between 50-60% of child fatalities due to maltreatment are not recorded as such on death certificates.

• More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way.

• Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.

• About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse.

• About 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder.

• The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2008 is $124 billion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Homosexual partners are engaged in an immoral and unnatural relationship - that is harmful to expose a child to on a daily basis.
Based on what standards? Yours or the states? In either case, it doesn't matter since 11 or so states (I'm unsure of the exact number) allow Same Sex Marriage while many others allow Same Sex couples to adopt. Watch the above video by JetJockey for a case in point of a child being raised by a same sex couple.

Quote:
Children need both male and female parental influences in order to grow and mature in a normal and healthy manner. Purposely placing them in a homosexual household deprives them of the neccesary ingredients to do so and is borderline criminal.
Again, says who? You? Your uncle? The governor? Mayor? Aunt? Grandma? I was raised by a single mother with my father barely being around, though we've had some contact. For the sake of argument let's just make him (R.I.P) a non-factor - I was raised by my mother my whole life yet I turned out just fine - served our nation's military for 4 years, stayed out of trouble, and now I'm in college. Point is there was rarely a male parental figure in my life and I grew up in a normal and healthy manner as have many other men and women in the US today. If in fact what you say is true, then surely the states, lawyers, or even Capitol Hill would take steps and procedures to make it illegal for homosexuals to adopt children - never mind the fact that it'll be against the Constitution to do so.

Quote:
Homosexuals want adoption rights so that their deviant lifestyle will be accepted by society. It isn't about what is best for children - it is all about them. How more selfish can one get to put their own interests over the development of a child?
Once more - who says their lifestyle (which isn't different from mine or yours) is deviant? On who's authority does any lawmaker have to dictate what is and what isn't acceptable in terms of family and marriage? You talk all about being selfish - yet aren't you falling under your own label? You want to keep all the rights, liberties, and freedoms promised and guaranteed to every American born under the Constitution to yourself and the group of people who you associate with. Not only is that incredibly selfish, but it's also Unconstitutional to deny a group of people any form of rights or liberties.

Heterosexuality is just as deviant - if not more so - than the homosexual lifestyle. Why don't you focus on fixing the problems that heterosexuals face (like the 50% divorce rate, for example?) before worrying about people who have no bearing on your life whatsoever.

That's not too much to ask it?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:56 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Homosexual partners are engaged in an immoral and unnatural relationship - that is harmful to expose a child to on a daily basis.

Children need both male and female parental influences in order to grow and mature in a normal and healthy manner. Purposely placing them in a homosexual household deprives them of the neccesary ingredients to do so and is borderline criminal.

Homosexuals want adoption rights so that their deviant lifestyle will be accepted by society. It isn't about what is best for children - it is all about them. How more selfish can one get to put their own interests over the development of a child?
How more selfish can one get than to willfully ignore the facts and put their own bigoted personal desires to vilify and attack gay and lesbian people, above the wellbeing of children who desparately need loving responsible parents?

For those who are interested in evidence, (and not uneducated prejudiced personal opinions) here is a review of most of the research on gay and lesbian parents:

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parenting-full.pdf

And from health professionals who actually know what they are talking about because they use evidence instead of parroting prejudiced ignorant nonsense:

American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP represents over 8,500 child and adolescent psychiatrists.)

"Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is important for parents to understand that it is the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development. Research has shown that in contrast to common beliefs, children of lesbian, gay, or transgender parents:
  • Are not more likely to be gay than children with heterosexual parents.
  • Are not more likely to be sexually abused.
  • Do not show differences in whether they think of themselves as male or female (gender identity).
  • Do not show differences in their male and female behaviors (gender role behavior)."

American Academy of Pediatrics: (represents over 60,000 Pediatricians)
"A growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual. Children’s optimal development seems to be influenced more by the nature of the relationships and interactions within the family unit than by the particular structural form it takes."
American Psychological Association - Amicus Briefs on Gay and Lesbian Parenting. (The APA represents over 137,000 Psychologists)
"Overall, the belief that children of lesbian and gayparents suffer deficits in personal development has no empirical foundation.

The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples. This was attributed to greater parenting awareness among lesbian nonbiological mothers than among heterosexual fathers. In one study, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) likewise reported more favorable patterns of parent-child interaction among lesbian as compared to heterosexual parents, but in another, they found greater similarities (Vanfraussen, Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, & Brewaeys, 2003)."

Last edited by Ceist; 07-09-2012 at 12:31 AM..

Old 07-09-2012, 08:24 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It's sickening when people trivialize child abuse just to push their ignorant bigoted agendas.

National Child Abuse Statistics | Childhelp

• A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds

• More than five children die every day as a result of child abuse.

• Approximately 80% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4.

• It is estimated that between 50-60% of child fatalities due to maltreatment are not recorded as such on death certificates.

• More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way.

• Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.

• About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse.

• About 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder.

• The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2008 is $124 billion.
Wish I could rep you but I have to spread it around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies