Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 03:45 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The ratified version is all that matters.
The poster seems upset that a school book has more then one version written. Thats history. Just explaining that to him. The very next page of that book probably has the final ratified version.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 03:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The poster seems upset that a school book has more then one version written. Thats history. Just explaining that to him. The very next page of that book probably has the final ratified version.
I doubt that.

For what reason would they show that?

If you see the rest of them, it looks like a dumbed down version for today's illiterate.

They are simply changing the meaning of the bill of rights to fit their agenda....notice the writing of the 1st?

Old 09-17-2013, 03:58 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I doubt that.

For what reason would they show that?

If you see the rest of them, it looks like a dumbed down version for today's illiterate.

They are simply changing the meaning of the bill of rights to fit their agenda....notice the writing of the 1st?
My history teacher went over the different versions of the constitution. Like, did you know, that the first idea was not to have a senate? Smaller states wouldn't ratify it, so Madison added the two per state senate to quell their fears.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
2nd amendment..

Is it time to change ? Would the authors write it this day and age?

When this was written there was no semi automatic,automatic, assualt rifles. They did not know of mental cases and stress of modern day life.

Guns are designed to kill so are swords.. Only knives are designed for cutting vegetables.

I know we just use some tragedy to beat up pro and anti gun rights people. But isn't it time to talk?
Nope.

There is nothing to discuss.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:29 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
2nd amendment..

Is it time to change ? Would the authors write it this day and age?

When this was written there was no semi automatic,automatic, assualt rifles. They did not know of mental cases and stress of modern day life.

Guns are designed to kill so are swords.. Only knives are designed for cutting vegetables.

I know we just use some tragedy to beat up pro and anti gun rights people. But isn't it time to talk?
They could not see Cell phones, the internet or TV, are they not protected under the 1st Amendment?

They could not not see Cell phones, Laptops, Tablets, Cars, or Airplanes, are they not protected under the 4th Amendment?

Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
They could not see Cell phones, the internet or TV, are they not protected under the 1st Amendment?

The did not expect "lying" being protected, but it is. Should it be?

As a nation full of supposed "Christians", I would think not.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:54 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post

What are you even talking about?

Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
My history teacher went over the different versions of the constitution. Like, did you know, that the first idea was not to have a senate? Smaller states wouldn't ratify it, so Madison added the two per state senate to quell their fears.
Fears that were entirely justified, as the 17th amendment shows. Statist liberals got that rammed through, and now the federal government tramples all over state government, exactly how they feared it would at the founding.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post

lying is protected speech, as it should be.

A real Christian does not judge his follow man, that is god`s job.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
lying is protected speech, as it should be.

A real Christian does not judge his follow man, that is god`s job.
Yet the do judge their fellow man all the time.....interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies