Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:04 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,586,643 times

Advertisements

99% of all the arguements that I hear against gun control in the USA are just, dumb, stupid, idiot and complete crap.
Even the common understanding of what the constitution says on the matter is almost universally wrong. The plain text says gun ownership is needed to maintain a "Well regulated militia". In other words gun ownership could be dependent on the gun owner being a member of this militia and that would do no violence to the constitution.

When it comes to the members of the gun lobby themselves I have rarely heard such a collection of mental defectives. Back in the 70's on the TV show, "All in the family" Archie went on TV to rebut someone advocating gun control. Now Arch was not the sharpest tool in the drawer and he advocated arming everyone so when the bad guy pulls out his the rest of us just shoot him. This was COMEDY and most everyone realized just how completely stupid such a brainless idea was. Well , since that shooting in Co I have heard many American Azzhats voice that same plan. Ted Nugent for one. The guy is a certifiable mental case and yet he's a big spokesperson for the RWNJ's.

Why can't it sink through the minds of the pro gun lobby that the USA has many, many times the nurder rate of EVERY other advanced nation. The arguement the braindead idiots use that, "It's bad people that kill, not guns is just so stupid it defies comment.

Dig below the surface and you quickly uncover the reason any idiot can own almost anyking of weapon in the USA. Like everything else in your corporate comtrolled country it's the special financial interests that rule the country NOT the people. It doesn't matter one single bit what is good or not good for the citizens of the USA. Money rules and that is the bottom line. It doesn't matter what party is in power either because they are all sold out political whoers to the $$$ interests of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 09:07 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
First you have to tell us what YOUR opinion of an "assault rifle" is.

Most who are against them haven't a clue as to what an assault rifle is.
Semantics...You can assault somebody with a mossberg pump, technically.

I'm talking about AK-47's, Saws, M4's, M-16's, AR15's...

Old 07-28-2012, 09:12 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why isnt the discussion about taking weapons away from the state instead of the individual?
Governments are homicidal maniacs that kill with no repercussion.

The sheeple have been conditioned to somehow believe that public servants placed in positions of authority, be they LEO, military, or Congress; are cut from superior cloth and have all knowing magical powers. Such is the desease of political correctnes, apathy, a dumbed down/drugged up society.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
99% of all the arguements that I hear against gun control in the USA are just, dumb, stupid, idiot and complete crap.
Even the common understanding of what the constitution says on the matter is almost universally wrong. The plain text says gun ownership is needed to maintain a "Well regulated militia". In other words gun ownership could be dependent on the gun owner being a member of this militia and that would do no violence to the constitution.

When it comes to the members of the gun lobby themselves I have rarely heard such a collection of mental defectives. Back in the 70's on the TV show, "All in the family" Archie went on TV to rebut someone advocating gun control. Now Arch was not the sharpest tool in the drawer and he advocated arming everyone so when the bad guy pulls out his the rest of us just shoot him. This was COMEDY and most everyone realized just how completely stupid such a brainless idea was. Well , since that shooting in Co I have heard many American Azzhats voice that same plan. Ted Nugent for one. The guy is a certifiable mental case and yet he's a big spokesperson for the RWNJ's.

Why can't it sink through the minds of the pro gun lobby that the USA has many, many times the nurder rate of EVERY other advanced nation. The arguement the braindead idiots use that, "It's bad people that kill, not guns is just so stupid it defies comment.

Dig below the surface and you quickly uncover the reason any idiot can own almost anyking of weapon in the USA. Like everything else in your corporate comtrolled country it's the special financial interests that rule the country NOT the people. It doesn't matter one single bit what is good or not good for the citizens of the USA. Money rules and that is the bottom line. It doesn't matter what party is in power either because they are all sold out political whoers to the $$$ interests of the country.
Use your brain. Look at meth and pot -- they're illegal but any 13 year old can easily obtain them.

Think -- Black Market. Ask yourself why you want to move weapons to the black market and give Chapo Guzman another way to make a whole lot of money. Not only that -- the Obama administration provides the cartels with their assault weapons, nothing stopping them from bringing some of those weapons back and selling them on the black market -- along with the meth and pot.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:14 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,227,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post

And if guns are banned, murder will continue, crime will continue. They'll just find other weapons to replace guns with.

I'll take a double barrel 12 gauge over a baseball bat any day.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:17 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,573,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'm a gun owner, I have several, handguns as well as rifles.

For the life of me, I can see no logical reason for the public to own assault rifles.

If you can, please elaborate.
There is no logical reason to own Assault weapons and they were created with the intent to kill. I can understand there use in a combat situation but I think our "forefathers" would be shocked how the "Second Amendment" has been abused!

Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
There is no logical reason to own Assault weapons and they were created with the intent to kill. I can understand there use in a combat situation but I think our "forefathers" would be shocked how the "Second Amendment" has been abused!
Prohibition does not work. Making the weapons illegal only moves the sales to the black market. Look at Mexico where weapons including assault weapons are illegal yet any 14 year old sicario has no trouble getting one.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,227,175 times
Quote:
Well put, I agree

Old 07-28-2012, 09:22 AM

45,450 posts, read 60,653,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'm a gun owner, I have several, handguns as well as rifles.

For the life of me, I can see no logical reason for the public to own assault rifles.

If you can, please elaborate.

As a shotgun owner I see no logical reason for you to own either handguns or rifles. As you said you prefer a 12 ga. double so why do you need rifles or handguns. You could miss with that rifle and kill someone 2 miles away. The next door neighor kid could come in and steal a handgun. With those dangers you don't need it.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times
Quote:
I think they would be shocked how it hasn't been used. They used it for much less than that which we tolerate from our government today. I think the American gun owners have been unbelievably and historically restrained in their deployment of the use of small arms.

What our founders would be shocked at is the hundreds of thousands of laws on the books which restrain our personal liberty and the joke of a "criminal justice system" which serves the trial attorneys and predators in society rather than the victims of the crimes. They would be shocked at a legal and political system which denies and criminalizes activities by citizens but shields public servants from prosecution of same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies