Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 07:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Not true, she out debated Joe Biden. But yet again my three year old can probably out debate Joe Biden (plugs)
Maybe this time it'll be a debate between Joe Biden's plugs and Marco Rubio's toupee. Can't wait.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
I don't think McCain could have won for the same reason Romney has problems. When charming guy meets boring guy in the TV age charming guy always wins. Obama's abysmal record will put this trend to the test.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 PM

17,780 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Most people think of Tina Fey on SNL when they think of Sarah Palin.

However, I always think of Cheri Oteri and her Eastlake Spartan cheerleader bits. That's basically what Palin was for that campaign.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Most people think of Tina Fey on SNL when they think of Sarah Palin.

However, I always think of Cheri Oteri and her Eastlake Spartan cheerleader bits. That's basically what Palin was for that campaign.
What foreign policy credintials are brought to the table because Russia is a nautical neighbor to Alaska, and that it can be seen from its shores?

Thats like saying the governor of Texas, Washington, Maine, etc have foreign policy credentials for dealing with Canada or Russia.

She wasn't ready. Alaskan politics aren't as vicious as what goes on in the lower 48, because of the media attention thats brought to bear.

Hell the woman writes crib notes on her hand to know what she supports.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:51 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
Where the heck is Sango Tn?

Old 07-29-2012, 07:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
If not for Palin he would have lost by ten more points. If reversed the ticket probably would have won over Obama.

This is old power not liking the new people coming up.
He still lost, and no one knows what would have happened had he chosen someone else.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:06 PM

414 posts, read 344,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Hell the woman writes crib notes on her hand to know what she supports.
Well if you are going to slam her for using crib notes on her hand let me ask you this. What do you think of Diane Feinstein (D) running for governor in California breaking debate rules caught having crib notes written on her hand?

Diane Feinstein breaking debate rules with notes written on hand

FLASHBACK: Dem Sen Diane Feinstein Caught Violating Calif Gov Debate Rules w/Hand Notes in 1990 - YouTube

Old 07-29-2012, 08:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Palin is smarter and more accomplished than 99.999 percent of the lefty posters who feel the unrelenting need to bash somebody, anybody. She is the only prominent politician to have said much about corporate welfare lately, which the left claims to oppose, except that they don't really.

Was she a great choice for VP? I agree it would have been nice if she had had a better degree from a better school. OTOH Harry Truman had no degree and did ok. Ronald Reagan was called an 'amiable dunce' by the lib elite and did ok. My senator Patty Murray (D, WA) has a degree in 'Recreation' from WSU. I don't hear many libs shrieking about her.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
McCain could have picked me as his VP and I still wouldn't have voted for him.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:14 PM

414 posts, read 344,729 times
Default Cheney's Comments About Palin Backfiring Causing Anger With Conservative And Republican Base Hurting Romney In Process

Even Cheney's own daughter tweeted that Palin has more experience than Biden and Obama combined to lead the nation. Conservatives and Republicans are furious over Cheney's comments this morning saying it was a mistake for McCain to chose Palin as his VP. The conservative and republican political message boards such as free republic and many blogs are filled with comments of anger. This backlash is hurting Romney today because many are saying that Palin was the better choice and there was a reason on Romney's record that McCain's vetting team discovered that neutralized Romney as a potential VP pick. The majority of those comments all agree that Palin should have been the top of the ticket and McCain the VP pick and I agree.

President Clinton right before the mid term elections stated this about Palin....."Do not underestimate this woman. She is resilient like me".... He stated that because Palin was energizing the GOP and conservative base on the campaign trail with her endorsements and drawing massive crowds at her campaign stops. Clinton realized the harm Palin was doing to the democrat candidates running for reelection and in the end it was Palin who helped the republicans take back the House and unseat many democrat incumbents. Cheney hasn't forgotten that but the reason he opposes Palin and is making these comments before the convention is because he is a established Rino like Romney. They are corporate elitist and Palin is against crony capitalists. In fact when she was governor she went after these guys in her own party and put several in jail for corruption.

Cheney and Romney's advisors fear if Palin was invited to the convention she would be so popular with the base that she would overshadow him and drain whatever support he had with delegates and doom his nomination process. Ike did the same thing to republican favorite Robert Taft and the 53 Convention. That right there is the real reason you are starting to see these preemptive attacks in the media on Palin and by GOP elitist like Cheney. The woman has that much political power that she is a threat to them. In the end it will be a huge mistake for Romney to ignore her. Something is going to happen between now and the Convention with Palin and Romney isn't going to like it. Cheney taking a slap at Palin this morning has angered the base along with conservatives and the repercussions are happening right now and it's not in Romney's favor.

Liz Cheney Disagrees With Father On Palin, Calls Her ‘More Qualified Than Obama And Biden’
Liz Cheney Disagrees With Father On Palin, Calls Her ‘More Qualified Than Obama And Biden’ | Mediaite

Last edited by Jesus Christ Superstar; 07-29-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies