Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times

Advertisements

I don't think too many people pay attention to ol' Dick anymore. I adore him, but he's irrelevant these days.

I wish him well and don't plan to go hunting with him any time soon.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:20 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,339 times
I think McCain himself was the mistake. The worst RINO ever. If Sarah wasn't on the ticket I would have stayed home.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I think McCain himself was the mistake. The worst RINO ever. If Sarah wasn't on the ticket I would have stayed home.
Me, too.

I've despised mcCain since his stupid straight talk express crap. I voted for Sarah, not him.

This year, my vote will be against, not for someone. I've despised Romney at least as long as I've despised McCain.

Both hideous, but infinitely better than obama.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:24 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Even Cheney's own daughter tweeted that Palin has more experience than Biden and Obama combined to lead the nation. Conservatives and Republicans are furious over Cheney's comments this morning saying it was a mistake for McCain to chose Palin as his VP. The conservative and republican political message boards such as free republic and many blogs are filled with comments of anger. This backlash is hurting Romney today because many are saying that Palin was the better choice and there was a reason on Romney's record that McCain's vetting team discovered that neutralized Romney as a potential VP pick. I agree.

President Clinton right before the mid term elections stated this about Palin....."Do not underestimate this woman. She is resilient like me".... He stated that because Palin was energizing the GOP and conservative base on the campaign trail with her endorsements and drawing massive crowds at her campaign stops. Clinton realized the harm Palin was doing to the democrat candidates running for reelection and in the end it was Palin who helped the republicans take back the House and unseat many democrat incumbents. Cheney hasn't forgotten that but the reason he opposes Palin and is making these comments before the convention is because he is a established Rino like Romney. They are corporate elitist and Palin is against crony capitalists. In fact when she was governor she went after these guys in her own party and put several in jail for corruption.

Cheney and Romney's advisors fear if Palin was invited to the convention she would be so popular with the base that she would overshadow him and drain whatever support he had with delegates and doom his nomination process. That right there is the real reason you are starting to see these preemptive attacks in the media on Palin and by GOP elitist like Cheney. The woman has that much political power that she is a threat to them. In the end it will be a huge mistake for Romney to ignore her. Something is going to happen between now and the Convention with Palin and Romney isn't going to like it. Cheney taking a slap at Palin this morning has angered the base along with conservatives and the repercussions are happening right now and it's not in Romney's favor.

Liz Cheney Disagrees With Father On Palin, Calls Her ‘More Qualified Than Obama And Biden’
Liz Cheney Disagrees With Father On Palin, Calls Her ‘More Qualified Than Obama And Biden’ | Mediaite
So Republicans didn't think Palin was a mistake?????

Gee, guess not since she won ...er, wait...she LOST....and lots of people have called Palin a mistake....why are they pickin' on DICK...???

And DICK Cheney a RINO?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL!!!!!!:rolley es: OMG!!!! Ya, sure....

Old 07-29-2012, 09:26 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Me, too.

I've despised mcCain since his stupid straight talk express crap. I voted for Sarah, not him.

This year, my vote will be against, not for someone. I've despised Romney at least as long as I've despised McCain.

Both hideous, but infinitely better than obama.
Wouldn't it be nice to vote for someone you like, agree with, and have passion for instead of always having to settle for the lesser of two evils? Of course with Obama the gap in evil is huge!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:27 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I don't think McCain could have won for the same reason Romney has problems. When charming guy meets boring guy in the TV age charming guy always wins. Obama's abysmal record will put this trend to the test.
Frightening but true. Even with all the quabbling that people have on here about why they think their candidate is better, in the real world and in the court of public opinion, this race is and always will be like a high school popularity contest.

I think in order for Mitt to stand a chance, he needs Gov. Christie as a VP. Christie isn't necessarily charming in how most people think about it, but he is more of a no non-sense "get in your face" take charge kind of guy that people like. Plus he has a work history and track record to boot. He could actually make Mitt appear a little moist in the public eye rather than like a dry fig.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Apparently Dick Cheney's wife disagrees with him about Sarah Palin.

Tweet from Liz Cheney:

Liz Cheney

‏@Liz_Cheney
Rarely do I disagree with best VP ever but @SarahPalinUSA more qualified than Obama and Biden combined. Huge respect 4 all she's done 4 GOP.
Liz is his daughter. His wife is Lynn.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:35 PM

414 posts, read 344,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Liz is his daughter. His wife is Lynn.
Yea I made a mistake on that. I corrected it in that long post I made.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It wouldn't have made any difference if McCain had taken someone else. Obama won on the basis of how he responded, PR-wise, to the economic crisis of the summer of '08. Of course his economic policies turned out to be a debacle but nobody really knew that at the time.

Anyway Cheney has no room to talk after the deficit spending of the Bush years. And lastly it's just strange that Cheney even says something like this since it's a meme that has been repeated ad infinitum by about a thousand talking heads. Like Romney needs to hear this advice repeated one more time.

Palin was not a perfect VP pick, but certainly head & shoulders above either of the last two Dem picks.
Obama won because he had a catchy little phrase that idiot leftists could follow and chant as ACORN bused them to the polls.

Too bad he can't come up with a new one. How many has he tried? Forward. Fall Forward. Lean Forward. Fall Forward On Your Azz. No. That last one is too many words for the illiterate left to memorize.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:47 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Mitt Romney urged not to repeat McCain's Sarah Palin 'mistake'

Dick Cheney says selection of Palin in 2008 was a 'mistake' and suggests Romney should go for experienced running mate

Former vice-president Dick Cheney said Sunday that having Sarah Palin on the 2008 White House ticket was "a mistake", urging this year's Republican candidate Mitt Romney to go for someone more experienced.
As those vying to be chosen as Romney's running mate spent the weekend campaigning around the country, Cheney suggested that main criteria had to be: "Is this person capable of being the president of the United States?"
Palin, who was a first-term governor of Alaska when John McCain picked her to his running mate, fell short on this count, Cheney implied.

Mitt Romney urged not to repeat McCain's Sarah Palin 'mistake' | World news | guardian.co.uk

I swear!!! One thing I can say for Democrats.....they rally around even their criminals!! GOP can't seem to stick together on anything!! Why was this even necessary to say??? Why does the GOP eat it's own and give fodder to the Dems???

Thanks DICK!! Thanks a lot!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies