Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
when no one is hiring, what should people do? This is coming at a time of high unemployment, or does that make too much sense for those that just want to complain about anything?
Unemployment is high and the libs want 4 more years??? Hmmm....sounds like the libs want to see more poor people around who are dependent on gubmint.

I think that self-reliance would be a good thing for us to get back to. However, if I see someone who is truly hungry, I will buy them a meal. If all well-off Americans would be willing to help the truly poor, we wouldn't need the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,156,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Instead it appears money is being spent to upgrade mexican trucks. Bill Clinton is a good example though. He and his admin passed the commodity modernization act, repealed glass-steagall and gave china the permanent favored nation along with some other fun things. This all contributed greatly to the big bubble and that -33% (mfr jobs) easily leaving the country. In fact, I think the concept of the internet, in part could have been intended to setup a larger global network and make outsourcing easier. Administratively, it is a natural step considering the other actions that were taken. The outsourcing was most definitely intentional imo. Catherine Austin Fitts, was told the outsourcing was coming back when she worked for HUD, under Papa Bush.
U.S. taxpayers foot the bill to upgrade Mexican truck emissions - San ...
I must have missed this.....American trucking companies are having to do this out of their pockets....or be fined an insane amount of money by the gestapo EPA. Where is the fairness in this? Or....is this just another attempt of the current ADM and his Zars to put the small businesses in the USA out of business?

Old 09-24-2012, 12:26 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,156,033 times
I think the food stamp crisis is a true indicator of just how bad things are out of focus in our country. The demise of standard of living is the real issue here. Hard times do not discriminate based on your political views. The real issues need to be addressed. I do not think anyone wants to get rid of programs that are in place for situations where they are needed for basic survival. Perhaps if the politicians we put in place to take care of the business of making our country run well for ALL American Citizens need to be held accountable. If they are not doing their jobs with the well being of the citizens and the country in mind......then they have no business holding office making us victim of their follies and debacles while lining their own pockets and that of their crownies....no mater what party line they adhere to...

Old 09-24-2012, 03:47 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I tend to think it's the opposite...

I tend to observe that it's the Banks that 'own' the Governments...

That when it comes to profits, there really is no soveriegnty....

And from what I've read and studied...the Government did not send or tell any of those companies to relocate over seas...

One thing we can agree on though, and that is high Government jobs, like 'Secretary of Commerce' ect ect...and Corporate employees, often jump back and forth from Gov to Corp, Corp to Gov....

When a President is elected...they often hire friends, buddies, alumni over from the private sector and appoint them to high positions...this has been going on since the founding of this nation...

All that aside...I don't think it's fair to play 'hit and run' comments about the President, any President...

If McCain had been elected...more than likely the same people applying for food aid now...would have done so under a McCain administration also...

As an Independent...I'm more interested in us getting along, and weathering out the storm, than I am in taking cheap shots at either party...which only benefits elected officials...
Well they are integrated. If you go look at the actual accounting of govt (CAFR). You will see that JPM, GS etc... are all shareholder controlled by govt. These same banks are part of a small group that control 80% of global wealth. Certainly there are elite individuals who actually make the moves.

All I can tell you is the govt owns the controlling shares and they direct the corporations as owner through their proxy voting via corporate governance. They in turn made a great deal of money. This is why the trade "deficit" is of no concern. Those American companies now in China make a great deal more for the investment funds. This is simply externalizing corporate cost to maximize profit. Look at the actions. CAF was trying to "insource" with local labor as an economic model and she has stated that she was told "it's too late we are sending the jobs overseas". Following the money certainly can be very helpful.

As to party, they too are owned completely.

(this can be done with publicly traded company after company btw)

What is JP Morgan Chase?

Revealedthe capitalist network that runs the world - physics-math ...

Old 09-24-2012, 03:50 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock56 View Post
A record 46.7 million Americans received food stamps in June, up 0.4 percent from the previous month, the government said.

Your doing a helluva of a job Mr. President...Keep up the great work....

http://http://www.bloomberg.com/news...-u-s-says.html
0bama: "My plan is working." 'Nuff said.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Instead it appears money is being spent to upgrade mexican trucks. Bill Clinton is a good example though. He and his admin passed the commodity modernization act, repealed glass-steagall and gave china the permanent favored nation along with some other fun things. This all contributed greatly to the big bubble and that -33% (mfr jobs) easily leaving the country. In fact, I think the concept of the internet, in part could have been intended to setup a larger global network and make outsourcing easier. Administratively, it is a natural step considering the other actions that were taken. The outsourcing was most definitely intentional imo. Catherine Austin Fitts, was told the outsourcing was coming back when she worked for HUD, under Papa Bush.
U.S. taxpayers foot the bill to upgrade Mexican truck emissions - San ...
It's not bad enough that cheap labor from Mexico is taking money out of the pockets of American truck drivers, but our government is helping in their demise by using their tax dollars to fix up Mexican trucks?

How about the Mexicans pay the "approximately $1,600 to install a new catalytic" or not freaking drive in the US? Is that too much to ask?

Old 09-24-2012, 04:12 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's not bad enough that cheap labor from Mexico is taking money out of the pockets of American truck drivers, but our government is helping in their demise by using their tax dollars to fix up Mexican trucks?

How about the Mexicans pay the "approximately $1,600 to install a new catalytic" or not freaking drive in the US? Is that too much to ask?
Unfortunately, you have to look where govt is making the most money. Many "unhealthy" patterns get set in motion by the little corp in D.C. Federal mandates and grants get the states to follow the money.

HAVA was a good example. Right now they are also giving grant money to encourage internet voting, which has allowed Spanish, Middle Eastern and Malaysian companies to process and run our elections.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,751 times
Quote:
Well they are integrated. If you go look at the actual accounting of govt (CAFR). You will see that JPM, GS etc... are all shareholder controlled by govt. These same banks are part of a small group that control 80% of global wealth. Certainly there are elite individuals who actually make the moves.

All I can tell you is the govt owns the controlling shares and they direct the corporations as owner through their proxy voting via corporate governance. They in turn made a great deal of money. This is why the trade "deficit" is of no concern. Those American companies now in China make a great deal more for the investment funds. This is simply externalizing corporate cost to maximize profit. Look at the actions. CAF was trying to "insource" with local labor as an economic model and she has stated that she was told "it's too late we are sending the jobs overseas". Following the money certainly can be very helpful.

As to party, they too are owned completely.

(this can be done with publicly traded company after company btw)

What is JP Morgan Chase?

Revealedthe capitalist network that runs the world - physics-math ...
But if your saying the 'Government controls the banks'...which are elected officials and different administraitions...then your saying both Dems and Rep own the banks....

Cause Government officials is an ever evolving door of those who get elected or appointed, and then leave to re join the private sector....

So I take it, from your post, that your saying the whole Rep vs Dem thing is a rouge??

Old 09-24-2012, 07:26 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Would he cancel the food stamps program, along with Planned Parenthood? I can see it now - packs of hungry poors roaming the streets foraging for food and the streets littered with infants that died due to malnourishment. Eventually they will find a way to breach the walls surrounding the ivory towers and we can have another uprising/revolution.
How about they cancel their cable/satellite TV, World of Warcraft and Netflix subscriptions, broadband and cell-phones, and use that money to buy food?

If I would be Romney, I wouldn't cancel the Food Stamp program, rather I would appoint a receiver to manage the finances of people who are on Food Stamps.

The receiver would cancel their cable/satellite TV, World of Warcraft and Netflix subscriptions, broadband and cell-phones, and credit cards. Sell off the 2 or 3 SUVs they don't need, and get them financially back on track.

And yes, that might mean they have to move out of their McMansion starter castle into a rented mobile home shared with another family.

Realistically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
At this point this 47million people on food stamps.....
Households.

Households.

Households.

Households.

Households.

47 Million households.

47 Million households.

47 Million households.

47 Million households.

47 Million households.

47 Million households receiving Food Stamp Benefits.

Census Bureau says there are 2.68 people per household.

47 Million households * 2.68 people per household = ~125,960,000 people benefiting --- not receiving -- I say again....benefiting --- from Food Stamps.

Census Bureau says 314 Million Americans.

125,960,000 / 314,000,000 * 100 = 40.11% of Americans benefiting (not receiving) Food Stamps.

Christ on his throne, and you people are allowed to vote?

Statistically...

Mircea

Old 09-24-2012, 08:04 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Christ on his throne, and you people are allowed to vote?

Statistically...

Mircea
And that is exactly why we are SCREWED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies