Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 09:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Eh, I live in the Detroit/Dearborn area and it's going to take a lot more than Obama to fix this city. The problems of deep bureaucratic corruption and incredible inefficiency stem back decades

Throwing more money at the city wouldn't have really solved anything, the system needs to first be cleaned out from within
So in your opinion whether the auto industry lives or dies makes little difference to Detroit?
I would have thought a thriving auto industry would be a boon to the area irregardless of the cities supposed corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 09:07 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Smile Obama didn't save detroit

Of course he didn't. Detroit remains the complete mess it's been for decades.

What Obama saved was the US auto industry, which is nationwide.

Good job, Mr President.

Putting America back to work > outsourcing.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
As usual, Moore is short on specifics. The majority of people in Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin, those who aren't already predisposed to argue otherwise, believe Obama saved the American auto industry and the jobs which go with it. And yes, Mike, I do live here.
Well Obama didnt bail out GM, Bush did

Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
What Obama saved was the US auto industry, which is nationwide.

Good job, Mr President.
That would be president BUSH, who bailed out the auto industry..

President Bush saves the auto industry, and Michigan lives to see another day | MLive.com

You guys are embarassing

Old 09-09-2012, 09:25 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Well Obama didnt bail out GM, Bush did
If you neo-cons really believe that you wouldn't have spent so much time in the past few years criticizing the auto industry bail out---more precisely criticizing Obama for the bail out. You can't have it both ways.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:34 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
"The Bush Administration provided short-term bridge loans," Rubenstein said. "That allowed the Obama Administration to take a couple of months to assess the situation."

Aaron Bragman, the lead American automotive analyst for the financial forecasting group IHS Automotive, echoed the point. "The Bush administration is the one that actually acted to save them from an uncontrolled bankruptcy and shutdown," Bragman said. "The Obama administration's role was to fix them."
[MOD CUT/copyright]
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...bile-industry/

I had to rack my brain to recall who this Bush person was. For the last four years he has been a figment of the imagination for those on the right. When it is convenient, they dig him up. Okay, he can share some credit, but it's the least he could have done being he was the one that destroyed the economy in the first place!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-09-2012 at 05:31 PM..

Old 09-09-2012, 09:35 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
How does the act of Obama giving away money taken forcibly from other people, make him a saviour?

Old 09-09-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If you neo-cons really believe that you wouldn't have spent so much time in the past few years criticizing the auto industry bail out---more precisely criticizing Obama for the bail out. You can't have it both ways.
I posted a news story from 2008 showing that its true, and I critized Bush for doing it.. why do you think I should flip flop into now supporting Obama for taking credit for it?

Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That would be president BUSH, who bailed out the auto industry..

President Bush saves the auto industry, and Michigan lives to see another day | MLive.com

You guys are embarassing

You're amusing.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:59 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
The empty chairs' house of cards is collapsing.

OBAMA DIDN'T SAVE DETROIT, JUST FIRED PLENTY OF PEOPLE

Obama had to fire thousands of these people, and reduce the benefits and pensions of those who were left. There's a lot of pissed off people in Michigan (and Wisconsin and Ohio), people who weren't saved even though the corporation was.Michael Moore: Obama Didn't Save Detroit, Just Fired Plenty of People
Well I don't think anybody can save Detroit in all fairness. Hell they are looking for "tourists" to pay to ride along and put out fires now. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies