Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 11:12 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your not paying attention are you. The world will not have to do with less. The evil US will though if these lunatics at the UN get their way. All the evil rich countries, specifically the US, will be paying the poor countries if this nonsense ever comes to fruition. A massive wealth redistribution not even the most grandiose of communist supporters back in the day could ever imagine. You are just being plaid like a fiddle and don't even know it.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. I have not once suggested any sort of massive wealth distribution, but please go back and quote me if you can. All you are doing is putting words in my mouth.

You have no ideas the global issues leading to scarcity. It's a matter of physics that if the world continues to grow and consume at this pace we eventually run out of earth to consume.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I'm still waiting on Nomander's solutions....

But since you asked.... this wouldn't be the end of the world. Obviously the world would have to learn to deal with less, so we would need to prepare to do so. Stop subsidizing pollution would be a good start.
You go first.............. Let us know how that works out for you.......

No cooking, nothing store bought since what every you can buy got there by a dirty means, and was made by a dirty means.

I have serious doubts you could be clean for more than a few seconds at a time. In fact to do so you would have to stop breathing...

I will consider it the day oils stop making plastics.....

Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you are trying to say. I have not once suggested any sort of massive wealth distribution, but please go back and quote me if you can. All you are doing is putting words in my mouth.

You have no ideas the global issues leading to scarcity. It's a matter of physics that if the world continues to grow and consume at this pace we eventually run out of earth to consume.
Did you even read my post? I didn't suggest YOU said anything. What I suggested is you fall right in line with those who are suggesting that very thing though. Try again.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
SO, if it's not the end of the world then why are people making such a big deal about it? Every time you hear about the consequences of global warming induced by human made CO2, it's like the world is going to end and we're going to become extinct. What would the consequences be, and how would we stop releasing CO2? From what I understand, ALL the solutions being proposed only slow the rate of increase, not stop it.

We're talking about CO2, not pollution. Pollution kills everything, CO2 does not.
The Big Deal is the idea tax can be gained to profit bigger Govt, who perhaps is the greatest dirt builder of them all.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:45 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Below is a graph of various computer predictions overlaid with what is actually happening in the Arctic.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,673,111 times
We did have the warmest summer on record.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:49 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Below is a graph of various computer predictions overlaid with what is actually happening in the Arctic.

Exactly why there is a problem with using models as a validation mechanism.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
We did have the warmest summer on record.
It was warm air in parts of the Arctic (and I think there was a warm current pressing in as well), combine that with the massive cyclone that came in and broke up the ice and it isn't surprising there was a record melt this year. I think that without the storm that hit, we would have beat 2007, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near what we had with the storm.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:56 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Exactly why there is a problem with using models as a validation mechanism.
I agree that computer models are not entirely accurate, but I don't think they are intended to be....There are too many unknown factors in such a complicated prediction, but they do seem to indicate trends quite well.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
That has not been proven to be the case. It is hypothesized that population will be an issue, but it has never been substantiated to be outside of natural balancing mechanisms. By the way, it is also a communist position. communists worry greatly about population issues and they have their own solution for them, see Mao, Stalin, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies