Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,204 times

Advertisements

obama stole billions from medicare to fund obamacare now he wants to cut another $250 billion

meeting on Medicare that he had with Harry Reid and then the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. He's saying we've got to cut Medicare. We've got to be responsible. Democrats are saying, "No, we can't do that. And now the president, after telling Boehner he would do that, is going out on the campaign trail saying those bad Republicans want to cut Medicare.

By the way, this isn't about this election. This is about what happens after this election. How does this president after saying to the Republicans, “I'm going to cut Medicare,” which, again, is a responsible thing to do, the only thing you can do if you want to save the program, how can this president then get re-elected and go back to Boehner and go, “You know what, I said I'd cut Medicare, and then I demagogued it and attacked you guys in the campaign, but now let’s do a Medicare deal?”

Bob Woodward: 'Obama Is Proposing Cutting Medicare' | NewsBusters.org

Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,578,218 times
Obama cut wasteful spending from medicare plain & simple

Old 10-22-2012, 03:33 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,214,182 times
My health insurance policy for just me is going up 21% next year for the same plan benefits. Seems like a HUGE jump. I am suspicious that I am financing those 12 million new recipients that Obama care "signed" up. Anyone else suffer a big increase in plan costs?

Old 10-22-2012, 03:35 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
obama stole billions from medicare to fund obamacare now he wants to cut another $250 billion

meeting on Medicare that he had with Harry Reid and then the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. He's saying we've got to cut Medicare. We've got to be responsible. Democrats are saying, "No, we can't do that. And now the president, after telling Boehner he would do that, is going out on the campaign trail saying those bad Republicans want to cut Medicare.

By the way, this isn't about this election. This is about what happens after this election. How does this president after saying to the Republicans, “I'm going to cut Medicare,” which, again, is a responsible thing to do, the only thing you can do if you want to save the program, how can this president then get re-elected and go back to Boehner and go, “You know what, I said I'd cut Medicare, and then I demagogued it and attacked you guys in the campaign, but now let’s do a Medicare deal?”

Bob Woodward: 'Obama Is Proposing Cutting Medicare' | NewsBusters.org

Great-

We, as physicians, will just drop medicare. We cannot be compelled to see any group of patients against our will.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:42 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post

Why not the Dems own wastful spending they've created with ObamaCare first?

Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
You're wasting your time, the Obama haters just want to believe it's been stolen from them. SMH.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
He didn't steal anything. He cut out the waste from the program, just like the ryan budget proposal would do.

Obamacare brings down the deficit, congressional budget office says so.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:30 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Not sure how you think Obama has stolen money from Medicare?
President Obama has stopped the awful incentives to Insurance companies and hospitals that meant they could rob Medicare blind. That is NOT sealling from Medicare and none of this money taken from the greedy will affrct the seniors. Obama has also brought the cost of prescription drugs down for seniors significantly and extended the life of Medicare. Get off your Obamacare B/S..... it is B/S and you know it.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:33 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great-

We, as physicians, will just drop medicare. We cannot be compelled to see any group of patients against our will.

Oh so your apart of the crooks, I mean the Medical profession that charge Medicare recipients more than a person with private insurance. Of course those in your profession would drop them, the gravy train is dried up

Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
My health insurance policy for just me is going up 21% next year for the same plan benefits. Seems like a HUGE jump. I am suspicious that I am financing those 12 million new recipients that Obama care "signed" up. Anyone else suffer a big increase in plan costs?
Health Care premiums are set to go up by 4% this year...... here are figures showing a increase rate of 15% per year.......................... interesting.
Healthcare costs have been increasing at a rate of 15% per year in the USA over the past several years and have now exceeded $2.25 trillion in 2007. Current estimates put US healthcare spending at approximately 16% of the gross domestic product (GDP), and spending is expected to continue its upward trend to reach 19.5% of the GDP by 2017. Germany, which spent 10.7% of its GDP on healthcare in 2005, is the next highest spending country; however, it still spends substantially less than the USA in healthcare expenditure. Despite this enormous financial outlay for healthcare, the USA was ranked 37th in health service performance and 72nd in overall quality of health. The USA’s low standing is largely a result of an inequality of its healthcare distribution, with approximately 16% of the population, or 47 million people, uninsured at sometime in 2006. Additionally, millions more are considerably underinsured, which may cause them to forgo important medical procedures or medications due to high premiums. Among those surveyed in the USA, 37% reported that they had skipped medications, avoided seeing a doctor when sick, or abstained from other recommended care wholly due to expensive medical costs. A study done by the Kaiser foundation showed that there has been a consistent growth in health insurance premiums from 2000 to 2006, which has resulted in its increase of nearly 85% within those 6 years. This inflation in premiums is quite substantial when compared to the 20% increase in workers’ earnings.
Now compare this with Health premium increase in 2012..............
WEDNESDAY, Sept. 12 (HealthDay News) -- U.S. families are paying 4 percent more in annual premiums for their employer-sponsored family health coverage this year, according to a study released Wednesday.
Looks like Premiums rose higher BEFORE obama and Obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies