Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 04:07 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,068,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I guess you do have one thing in common with Americans, then!
People are often very similar even in very different countries. And our countries are not that different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The most HUGE man will have second thoughts once he has a hole or two in him. "shot by a little girl"..?
Or he could become mad, and ripped her to pieces. She could even miss, and he would become mad...

Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Totally on-topic, because a "thief must die" is a very American thing. And it's very racist, even today.
Thieves are a race? When did that happen?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Or he could become mad, and ripped her to pieces. She could even miss, and he would become mad...
Well she didn't miss. She's alive and safe and the intruder's dumb ass is in hospital with a bullet hole in him and going to jail where he belongs. Good for her.

Anyone kicking open my door isn't doing it with good intentions in mind so I feel quite safe and justified in shooting them. I'm not going to ask them what their plan is first. I'm going to assume it's nothing good for me and pull the trigger. The police can ask then if they survive.

But by all means, I hope you feel free to question their motives or try to run when cornered. Let us all know how that worked out for you if you're alive to do so. Cheers!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Thieves are a race? When did that happen?
Thieves that deserve to die - such as black thieves. In not too far away American history. And even today many yankees have such mindset.

2mods: this is history, not an attempt to start a racism flame war.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Well she didn't miss. She's alive and safe
Just like she would be, if she ran away. That way her chances of survival would be far greater - at least statistically.

Quote:
Anyone kicking open my door isn't doing it with good intentions in mind so I feel quite safe and justified in shooting them.
Death for thievery? That's not considered humane (a trait exhibited by human beings) in 2012.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Just like she would be, if she ran away. That way her chances of survival would be far greater - at least statistically.

Death for thievery? That's not considered humane (a trait exhibited by human beings) in 2012.
See this is the problem: you either have a cognitive disconnect or you're being willfully stupid. Take a look at how many people are dead from home invasion robberies and then come back and try and tell me "thievery" is a victimless crime.

Once again: if someone is kicking upon my door when I am home they do not have my best interests in mind. They are already demonstrating a propensity for violence that I can only assume will end poorly for me. So I'm going to shoot them. I'm not going to ask them what they're doing, I'm going to defend myself. Can I be any more clear for you or am I wasting my time on someone who flat out refuses to understand?

Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Thieves that deserve to die - such as black thieves. In not too far away American history. And even today many yankees have such mindset.

2mods: this is history, not an attempt to start a racism flame war.
Did anyone say anything about black thieves other then you? I don't recall seeing that so it's obvious you're the one injecting race into the conversation then asking for a free pass on it. Typical.

I don't give two ****s about the colour of the person kicking open my door. He can be plaid for all I care, he's still getting shot.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
See this is the problem: you either have a cognitive disconnect or you're being willfully stupid. Take a look at how many people are dead from home invasion robberies and then come back and try and tell me "thievery" is a victimless crime.
Maybe I'm stupid, but I prefer science to bloody beliefs.

Quote:
Once again: if someone is kicking upon my door when I am home they do not have my best interests in mind. They are already demonstrating a propensity for violence that I can only assume will end poorly for me. So I'm going to shoot them.
Trying to steal doesn't equal trying to hurt you. Now, if this freak approached you with very bad intentions...

Quote:
Did anyone say anything about black thieves other then you? I don't recall seeing that so it's obvious you're the one injecting race into the conversation then asking for a free pass on it. Typical.
US history: black thieves should die.
Some people on this thread: thieves (who, in US, at least parts of it, are usually of color) should die.

Am I not reasonable to connect the dots?

Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
You sound like my old uncle Boris.....Maybe YOU imagine yourself to be mad ......No you are not making sense..unless you glorify or respect some raging maniac who can over come a bullet through anger and being in a blind rage...You have been watching to many movies where the bad guy is the hero - and after being shot 10 times STILL manages to strangle the other guy...You are in a fantasy.....Some sends a large chunk of lead ripping through your chest and you will not be "mad" You will be preying to God that your survive...dorahchook...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies