Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,067,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You are in a fantasy.....
Nope, that's very real.

Quote:
dorahchook...
Durachek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 06:48 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Maybe I'm stupid, but I prefer science to bloody beliefs.
Show me science proving robbery is victimless and benevolent.

[/quote]Trying to steal doesn't equal trying to hurt you. Now, if this freak approached you with very bad intentions...[/quote]

Ok, I'll try and explain this one more time. If you still don't get it then I'm not wasting any more time on you:

If someone is kicking down my door I don't have any idea why and I'm not wasting the time to try and find out. Do you honestly expect me to stop them, invite them in, and ask them why they've invaded my home? Seriously? Is this your thought process?

I don't read minds and will not assume anything about the home invader. I'll retreat to a position of safety, hopefully able to get my legal firearm, and I will shoot them. It it goes to trial then they will have the chance to explain to a judge or jury why they thought it was OK for them to kick open my door and invade my home.

[/quote]US history: black thieves should die.
Some people on this thread: thieves (who, in US, at least parts of it, are usually of color) should die.

Am I not reasonable to connect the dots?[/quote]

No, you're absolutely correct: black thieves should all die, everyone else is just peachy! Matter of fact, if it's a white thief coming in my home I'll just hand my TV over to them since they're white!

Jumping Baby Jesus.....

Old 10-23-2012, 06:53 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Curious, how some people manage to find this situation normal.

Next time this girl may shoot a neighbour, whose yorkshire "assaulted" her...
Really? You are going to compare a 3 pound yorkie to an an intruder who has kicked down a door to get in, and is about to open the closet she is hiding in?

I don't find the situation normal, but I do applaud her for having the intestinal fortitude to pull the trigger. She may very well have saved her life.

As for the perp, I hope he rots away in prison as someone's girlfriend.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I agree with Wynternight on this subject. Just by using violence breaking down the door, the intruder (you do not know why he is breaking in) had demonstrated ill intent sufficient to convince the police and, if it comes to it, a jury, that you has used justifiable violence to defend yourself.

As break-ins have become more prevalent, or at least reported more, every homeowner should be sufficiently armed to enable them to defend themselves from a potentially armed intruder. The homeowner should know how to use the weapons and be willing to use them on a stranger. Defending yourself is a deadly serious endeavor and should not be done with guessing or trepidation. The victim should learn how and what to do when their home, vehicle or personal space is invaded by an assailant regardless of the assailant's intentions.

You do not only have a right to defend yourself but a duty to do so.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Nope, that's very real.

Durachek.

My parents were the first wave of immigrants out of Russia after the war...I was born in England in 1950..have been in Canada since I was a baby..What I do notice about the NEW Russians..who grew in the Soviet Union is that they are a different culture..My fathers friends had old values passed to them by their parents..late 1800s values...Old Russian Orthodox Christianity....I spoke Russian till I started school...so- all I know is that I am from the past..and YOU are the present...I do not relate to you at all...The effect of atheism on a nation for 70 years was a negative thing...all the new Russian immigrants I meet only understand one thing MONEY..

I remember the old ones...they had culture...so what is the culture like these days?

Do you have one?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
I would accept this, if you had low crime rates - but that's not the case. Statistically, the only thing guns do, is cause shootings.
Then why does Switzerland have almost zero gun related crime?

BBC News | EUROPE | Switzerland and the gun

Quote:
Sure, we've got our share of ill people. But I can't imagine how guns would save those kids.
This was in response to your allegation that a 12 year old girl is safe in Russia because murders there are alcohol related. It seems children are at risk in Russia, too.

Quote:
In the lack of complete info, we should choose the most probable scenario.
Who gets to decide what is "most probable"? None of the video I have seen shows another house within about a hundred yards. There are not even any trees to hide behind. She leaves the house and gets to a neighbor and there is no one home. What does she do next? The incident happened middle of a work day morning. Her mother knows better than we do what assistance would be available. She told her daughter to hide --- and where to do so.

Quote:
Which only reassures my point that the absolutely best way for the girl to protect herself, would be to run away. Guns are not guaranteed to stop a man, especially a huge man, shot by a little girl.
A gun stopped this big man, did it not? He did not stick around to see if she had more than one bullet, did he?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
What I find interesting about this story is that the parents couldn't afford to buy a good enough lock, costing a few dollars, to keep a homeless man out of their house, but they have no problem purchasing a gun for a few hundred dollars.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
What I find interesting about this story is that the parents couldn't afford to buy a good enough lock, costing a few dollars, to keep a homeless man out of their house, but they have no problem purchasing a gun for a few hundred dollars.
He broke a glass door. Does that mean we should have no windows in our homes?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
Totally on-topic, because a "thief must die" is a very American thing. And it's very racist, even today.
Racist? So was the girl black or brown or something? Because the photo of the intruder is clearly white.

Why not save that bleeding heart of yours for your own culture, one of the most racist and oppressive 1st world countries on the planet.

Last edited by HiFi; 10-23-2012 at 11:33 AM..

Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,876,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
It does not matter how many locks are on a door. If someone wants to get in, they will. I lived in Tulsa for 8 years, moving back to NJ last August. Most of these break ins are looking for stuff to sell. If she were my kid, I would be happy that it was her in control, not him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies