Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subconscious View Post
There's now some speculation that Paula Broadwell's husband is the one who wrote this "My wife's lover" letter in the New York Times.

A Message From Beyond - NYTimes.com
Wow, that sure fits, doesn't it.

OP: Thanks for the link. Very interesting clip given what we all know now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 11:07 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The general could have said "thanks, but no thanks." He didn't.
And yes, she took advantage of the situation, but he created the situation by getting in bed with her.
Or do you think he was just too weak to resist her charms? If that was the case, then he really had no business as head of the CIA.

Go back and read my posts

You refuse to get it?

Old 11-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
maybe Obama knew and was using it.

Good Point!!!!!

But, as in all other issues, guess we'll really never know?

Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I totally agree, Benghazi is the issue here....however, I just wonder how much will really come out....there was talk of taking Clinton out of office for what he did...what about what Obama did here....and mind you, the majority of the people still voted for him, how uninformed we all are.
We might not know who to believe, but I think a lot will come out. The media, not just FOX, will love this. The election is over, the scandal involves sex, and the people involved aren't beloved Democrats. Now that the media can't hurt Obama's reelection, I believe they'll put ratings over politics.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
We might not know who to believe, but I think a lot will come out. The media, not just FOX, will love this. The election is over, the scandal involves sex, and the people involved aren't beloved Democrats. Now that the media can't hurt Obama's reelection, I believe they'll put ratings over politics.
A new version of a classic: Sex, Lies and Video Tapes.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Yup!!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times
Quote:
Good Point!!!!!

But, as in all other issues, guess we'll really never know?

Ya....but the thing is, if true, which is how things are looking, all he can do is come clean on the whole ball of wax....which would be entirely consistent in the collapsing or folding the cards on everything and resigning...this way the resignation makes sense. A full acknowledgment conceding to a full character inefficiency, hanging the hat up on a total goof up. I think thats just it....we will find out, and he knows it so resigned, as in testifying he cannot be in honesty, together in allegiance with Obama. The resignation makes perfect sense with being manipulated.

I think there will be another distraction. The attack effort on that drone could have been planned. The drone was only 4 kl inside the allowable air space, that seems questionable to me, seems pretty close for full expectation of a passive understanding...what if Subs from distant lands were only 4kl off..? Hopefully the experts can zero in on the whole story and you know...I think the whole story is fairly transparent, at least in so far as un-answerable and important, serious question.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Go back and read my posts

You refuse to get it?
Oh, boy. Another person who has "intellectual" problems. You sure do attract them don't you? You are up to what, 3 now?

Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times
this guy is having bj's under his desk and the right still think its a cover up.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:14 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this guy is having bj's under his desk and the right still think its a cover up.
Either that or the CIA and FBI are horrible at doing investigations...

Quote:
Current and former U.S. military officials said suspicions of infidelities had followed Petraeus for several years.
David Petraeus resigns as CIA director - The Washington Post

So the General decided to go ahead and come out to either try and be with his mistress or to reconcile his relationship with his wife.

What are the reasons for Geithner, Clinton and Panetta wanting to step down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies