Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times

Advertisements

He could be blackmailed if it happened again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 07:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
The upside to this scandal is that it won't affect the election; it does involve sex; and it does not directly involve people sacred to Democrats. This means media other than dreaded FOX might actually investigate and inadvertently stumble upon the connection to Benghazi.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:17 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't know that I totally buy this? However, if it is true, Paula Broadwell, should resign as well....how dare she do something like this to his career, his family, children, friends, and most of all, country?????

We all know most men, not all, but most men run around.....

I'm sorry, both of them were wrong, but she gets up on TV and talks about this with no embarrassment what so ever????????

This is a perfect example of individualism, someone who doesn't give a darn about the families she hurt, I have no respect what so ever for a woman who runs around with a married man!!!!

I'm sorry, but I wonder, if this is a lie, and he retired b/c of what happened in Bengazi?????????
How can you NOT "buy this"? He admitted to the affair because he had no choice. The FBI was investigating the rumor and he was about to get exposed. Paula Broadwell---why should she resign? She isn't the head of the CIA for crying out loud or anything close. She's a writer who used her body to get a story. Do you not understand the difference between being the head of the CIA and a writer? The last I knew Petraeus could have said 'no' to having an affair with her and sent her packing. So he has to answer to his own behavior and not blame it all on her the way you're trying to do now.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-10-2012 at 08:12 AM..

Old 11-10-2012, 07:19 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, your kidding right? He was the head of the CIA when the Benghazi attacks happened so he has information. Why do you have a problem with him testifying?
I don't have a problem with him testifying. Where do you get THAT from what I wrote?
I said whether or not he is still head of the CIA or not is not likely to have a bearing one way or the other (ie he's just as likely to testify if he's no longer the head of the CIA as he would be likely to testify if he was STILL head of the CIA). It won't enter into it one way or the other. His CURRENT status isn't likely to change ANYTHING.

Ken

Old 11-10-2012, 07:30 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
You have to wonder about these resignations and the decisions by some high profile elected pols not to run for re election. The spooks have dirt on everybody it seems and if somebody doesn't play ball, they're out. I think they're the enforcers and the POTUS, the Cabinet, party leaders soon find out that they will do as they're told.
Damn convenient the timing of this resignation and the story breaking now and the best reason so far is so that now he won't have to testify.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:31 AM

503 posts, read 772,714 times
I don't understand why he won't have to testify. He was head of the agency when the attacks happened. Civilian or not - he should have to say what he knows.

Other civilians have testified in other matters - the baseball players in the steroid witch hunt. GM, Ford and Chrysler execs on the auto bailouts.

Wasn't Hank Paulson a civilian when he testified? Not sure about that one. I am sure there are other examples.

Whether or not this is an example of "perfect timing" - something rotten in the state of Denmark - this reeks of corruption.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:34 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times
he's manipulating his scope of disposition for the Benghazi hearing...they are all subject to Benghazi, it is an almost unbelievable outcome of events. They are all planning together for positioning and confusion away from the issue because they have no case to argue...it will not work....notice a portion of the hearing is not public.... we will find all out though, there is no escape, it will not be the Oprah style agenda.

Last edited by stargazzer; 11-10-2012 at 07:52 AM..

Old 11-10-2012, 07:39 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't know that I totally buy this? However, if it is true, Paula Broadwell, should resign as well....how dare she do something like this to his career, his family, children, friends, and most of all, country?????

We all know most men, not all, but most men run around.....

I'm sorry, both of them were wrong, but she gets up on TV and talks about this with no embarrassment what so ever????????

This is a perfect example of individualism, someone who doesn't give a darn about the families she hurt, I have no respect what so ever for a woman who runs around with a married man!!!!

I'm sorry, but I wonder, if this is a lie, and he retired b/c of what happened in Bengazi?????????
Yes. She is to blame. It's all her fault. She corrupted an honorable man. She took his honor from him. She held a gun to his head and made him do everything she said. She made him send her 1000s of emails.

I guess you have respect for a married man to run around with a married woman. WOW, if you are married, you husband has a free ticket!!!

Yeah, he was just a friggin victim.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:40 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How can you NOT "buy this"? He admitted to the affair because he had no choice. The FBI was investigating the rumor and he was about to get exposed. Paula Broadwell---why should she resign? She isn't the head of the CIA for crying out loud or anything close. She's a writer who used her body to get a story. Do you now understand the difference between being the head of the CIA and a writer? The last I knew Petraeus could have said 'no' to having an affair with her and sent her packing. So he has to answer to his own behavior and not blame it all on her the way you're trying to do now.
I am not in the least disagreeing with you, your right, but, there are also other ways of lookiing at this....this women is void of any shame or moral values...not did she care about what she did to his family....again, they were both guilty, however, to get up on TV and smerck about it, and talk about their affair, she is a heartless you know what....bad enough they did it, if they did....
I just do not trust politics any longer, and I repeat, especially after what they did to Colin Powell, and the way Hillary got up and took the blame for Obama? And I'm not Hillary fan, believe me.....

Old 11-10-2012, 07:43 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Yes. She is to blame. It's all her fault. She corrupted an honorable man. She took his honor from him. She held a gun to his head and made him do everything she said. She made him send her 1000s of emails.

Yeah, he was just a friggin victim.
I'm not saying that, for goodness sakes, your only reading what your intellect will allow you to see....

Any women who runs around with a married man is an insult to the family institution, I'm not saying it's all the woman's fault, but she does or should have more control, especially when there are so many other people involved whose lives will be ruined....yes, the man is wrong, and a self centered pig for doing so...but the woman is just as bad....and what I'm saying is, this woman, is heartless....she laughed about it, she is just as much to blame if not more...that is what I'm saying. They both ruined lives, careers, however, she will come out on top b/c of this, his wife and family will suffer....and that is what a woman should think about before she makes a move on a married man or visa versa.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 11-10-2012 at 07:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies