Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 08:37 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Sounds to me someone got burnt.

Sex for a book and then another book about the affair. Be interesting if they end up together. I see book 3!!!!!
What worries me, is, did she had privy to some very very classified information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 08:38 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What does that mean? They did it, if they did???? Are you actually questioning "if" they did, because they aren't!!!!

And you comment on my intellect.
yes, I am...just as I questioned all the hype and all the women that Herman Cain supposidly ran around with.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
^^People who constantly question "the woman" in these kind of affairs ARE blaming the woman.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Geeze Louise, you are purposely missing what I'm trying to explain...this is not one sided....but you refuse to view this in other ways, I'm not saying your wrong, I told you I agree with you? And yes, it is not only the woman's job to think about not only her family, but the whole of who she is hurting as well as the man, and if you react before you think, your going to hurt people...including self eventually, what we do to ourselves, we do to others...and where did I say the man gets a free pass? I am not putting the responsiblity on her...IT IS BOTH THEY'RE FAULT, BUT.....I blame the woman just as much, and this women is heartless to sit on TV and brag about it....if you cannot see that, then I feel very sorry for you....I don't care if she is a minister, you don't get on TV and smerck a bout it....in your words, a journalist doesn't get a free pass b/c she is a journalist? And how do you know who pursued who? Just like I don't know....but it is common knowledge that in most cases, not all, the woman can control her hormones more then a man, and that is something you have to understand, some day...there are woman out there who actually and purposely seduce men for whatever reason...

ONce again...if she laughs all the way to the bank, she is a cruel and heartless person possing no morals or concern for anyone else but herself....and to hurt as many people as she has to get there, well someday, Karma will come back to haunt her....believe me.

If you can't understand what I'm saying, then we agree to disagree....
And you seem to have some sort of block where he is concerned. For her to go public the way you claim, it is cold and heartless to laugh it off. She is also laughing off her own husband and children in the process. This would be a cold hearted b***h, but she's going to make money from it. Obviously she didn't care squat about him to be so classless. Clearly he was the fool in that relationship. Amazing how smart people can do stupid things. BUT IT DOESN'T EXCUSE HIM.

You keep saying that it is the responsibility of women to control the situation. I don't know who initiated the affair, nor do you. More than likely she used her sexuality to get her story. Women do that, use their sexuality as a means to an end. And men continue to fall for it. She was looking for the story and he was looking for the big bang. As for pursuit: read the link. He apparently couldn't let it go.

Kessler: FBI Investigation Led to Petraeus Resignation

Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
What worries me, is, did she had privy to some very very classified information.
That is precisely what the FBI is trying to determine (which by the way was how the relationship became known).

Old 11-10-2012, 09:28 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
This is why I don't get why anyone would ever get married.
If you don't love someone enough to turn away from temptation when offered, they you shouldn't get married. You give up one thing---the freedom to act on basal impulses---for the greater good in your life---a stable family life.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Geeze Louise, you are purposely missing what I'm trying to explain...this is not one sided....but you refuse to view this in other ways, I'm not saying your wrong, I told you I agree with you? And yes, it is not only the woman's job to think about not only her family, but the whole of who she is hurting as well as the man, and if you react before you think, your going to hurt people...including self eventually, what we do to ourselves, we do to others...and where did I say the man gets a free pass? I am not putting the responsiblity on her...IT IS BOTH THEY'RE FAULT, BUT.....I blame the woman just as much, and this women is heartless to sit on TV and brag about it....if you cannot see that, then I feel very sorry for you....I don't care if she is a minister, you don't get on TV and smerck a bout it....in your words, a journalist doesn't get a free pass b/c she is a journalist? And how do you know who pursued who? Just like I don't know....but it is common knowledge that in most cases, not all, the woman can control her hormones more then a man, and that is something you have to understand, some day...there are woman out there who actually and purposely seduce men for whatever reason...

ONce again...if she laughs all the way to the bank, she is a cruel and heartless person possing no morals or concern for anyone else but herself....and to hurt as many people as she has to get there, well someday, Karma will come back to haunt her....believe me.

If you can't understand what I'm saying, then we agree to disagree....
what I meant by she should go and retire, is, she should go into hiding, slip away like the snake she is and stop bragging about it, or writing about it....
How, on the other hand, there is also a whole lot of corrut doings going on over in
Afghanistan, and perhaps that is what her motive is?
The general could have said "thanks, but no thanks." He didn't.
And yes, she took advantage of the situation, but he created the situation by getting in bed with her.
Or do you think he was just too weak to resist her charms? If that was the case, then he really had no business as head of the CIA.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And yes, she took advantage of the situation, but he created the situation by getting in bed with her.
Or do you think he was just too weak to resist her charms? If that was the case, then he really had no business as head of the CIA.
He choose her to be his biographer so she could follow him to the battlefield. He did, in deed, create the situation where an affair could either continue or start in---no one really knows when it started but those two. Vanity of wanting his biography written and flattery from a woman nearly half his age was his undoing. But she's no ordinary woman dappling in a career as a writer.

Quote:
She grew up in North Dakota, graduated from West Point and worked in military intelligence. She studied Arabic in the Middle East—Jordan in particular—and specialized in counterinsurgency, counterterrorism, and geopolitical analysis.
Paula Broadwell: Is She Petraeus

Let's just hope she isn't a counter-spy in her 'real' life.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Well heck, it was OK for a President to be too weak, yet it's suddenly not OK for a head of the CIA?

This story still doesn't quite add up.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well heck, it was OK for a President to be too weak, yet it's suddenly not OK for a head of the CIA?

This story still doesn't quite add up.
Who on earth is saying it was okay for a president to give into temptation? Certainly no one in this thread is giving anyone a pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies