Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times

Advertisements

[quote=HappyTexan;26975232]Announcing that you are going to end funding pensions is not the same as accusing them of diverting pension funds.

I know of several multinational IT companies that have stopped funding pensions for those workers that still qualify for certain pension programs. The pile of money they have now is the pile of money they have to deal with.[/QUOT

An employee said they were taking their paid in contributions You refuted that and i gave you a link with copy that you are twisting. Show me some facts and quit twisting the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
I see some folks on here are saying there is no demand for Twinkies but the company sold 500 million of them last year. So sounds like there is demand.
Quote:

Hostess had annual sales of about $2.5 billion. The company said it had been making 500 million Twinkies and 127 million loaves of Wonder Bread annually before Friday's shutdown.
Its bread brands, including Wonder Bread, Nature's Pride and Butternut, make the company the No. 2 bread baker in the country, according to Symphony/IRI Group. Bimbo Bakeries, maker of the Arnold and Stroehmann brands, is the No. 1 bread baker
Hostess Brands closing for good due to bakers strike - Nov. 16, 2012

Time to come up with a new false narrative Lefties.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
What an idiot, doesn't he know there is 480 calories in those pies? Should of gone for the sno balls which have 360 calories.
I used to love those apple pies.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
So decades of mismanagement had nothing to do with their demise? Are you purposely trying to devoid them of their personal responsibility in all this. Two bankruptcies yet upper management continued to get fat checks. Hmmmmm

Chielgirl is actually correct. Companies succeed and fail every day. Where in the constitution does it guarantee a company be successful? The conservative cry about the "American" way, but then whine when the American way doesn't go the way they intended. Businesses FAIL. Sometimes capitalism just shakes out like that. It's not the fault of the president.
^^This.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
So decades of mismanagement had nothing to do with their demise? Are you purposely trying to devoid them of their personal responsibility in all this. Two bankruptcies yet upper management continued to get fat checks. Hmmmmm

Chielgirl is actually correct. Companies succeed and fail every day. Where in the constitution does it guarantee a company be successful? The conservative cry about the "American" way, but then whine when the American way doesn't go the way they intended. Businesses FAIL. Sometimes capitalism just shakes out like that. It's not the fault of the president.
Can you identify the "mismanagement" you speak of? Just saying it doesn't mean it actually happened. Since you seem to have a handle on Hostess' business history, surely you can get us all up to speed on management decisions over the years.

Thanks!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The $64,000 question is "why didn't Obama bail them out like he did GM?"
Do you think the feds should have bailed them out?

Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I see some folks on here are saying there is no demand for Twinkies but the company sold 500 million of them last year. So sounds like there is demand.

No one is saying there is no demand.

But how many more would they be selling if parents weren't hesitant to feed their kids junk food? They're nothing buy empty calories and most parents aren't going to choose a Twinkie over something more healthy.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Really ? Hostess is a public company and they fall under alot more scrutiny about their accounting practices than a private company.

I'd really like to see how they prove that.
The MBS pools they threw together and sold over and over at fannie etc. don't even have to report them to the SEC. It's pathetic.

AS for the bakery I believe there was a court order telling them to do what they did. Unions are all idiots. Now they all are idiots without jobs.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
To save Union jobs, Hostess should be taken over by the US Postal Service.

Mail people could deliver Twinkies and Cupcakes to every home since their not delivering much mail.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Hostess Brands closing for good due to bakers strike - Nov. 16, 2012

Time to come up with a new false narrative Lefties.
I have a groundbreaking narrative: Their business model was unsuccessful, so they went out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies