Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:26 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
A horrible case of white guilt. Voting for Democrats is like paying an indulgence for those afflicted with white guilt.
Google and Apple don't just employ white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Interesting read at Nate Silver's blog today.

In Silicon Valley, Technology Talent Gap Threatens G.O.P. Campaigns - NYTimes.com

Food for thought for you righties who continue to believe that only unemployed Obamaphone-receiving welfare mommas supported Obama.

Keeping the slaves on the plantation. Why do you suppose that so many "smart, rich people" supported monarchies?

Americans have become idiots (witness the average IQ- now at 96). They do not realize that they, as an average citizen, had the best chance at social mobility ever seen in the history of mankind. They have been beguilled by marxists to sacrifice this freedom and the best chances they would ever have in the world, for the hollow promise of treats from the government. Americans are simply stupid.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Only in a sick twisted progressive mind would hard work, family and decency be considered "backward" ideas. Those are the foundation of many conservatives..... and many minorities as well

Thanks for showing us your true colors
What makes you think that Democrats don't hold those values in esteem? I value hard work, family, and decency myself. I've worked hard ALL my life ~ since I was 16 ~ through college, etc.

My family is divided on their political views - yet, they too, worked hard all their life.

So please don't think only Republicans can claim values.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What makes you think that Democrats don't hold those values in esteem? I value hard work, family, and decency myself. I've worked hard ALL my life ~ since I was 16 ~ through college, etc.

My family is divided on their political views - yet, they too, worked hard all their life.

So please don't think only Republicans can claim values.
He is saying that because the policies and programs of the Democrat party do not support those values. Their policies support single mothers, unemployment and dependence on the state. They discourage individual initiative and, especially, risk-taking. Even Democrat support for unions reflects a group of people who don't want to have to work too hard in order to be successful.

Do individual Democrats value hard-work and family? Of course. It's the party's platform that does not.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Google and Apple don't just employ white people.
Yeah, no kidding! They probably employ more Asians/Indians than anything, once again proving these posters know nothing about Silicon Valley.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah, no kidding! They probably employ more Asians/Indians than anything, once again proving these posters know nothing about Silicon Valley.
My theory for why the Asians and Indians vote Democrat is because they are turned off by significant factions within the Republican party that are obsessed with Christianity. If Republicans could sideline the southeastern social conservatives in favor of western libertarian conservatives, they would have a much better chance at getting more Asian voters.

Asians are a hardworking people and don't need government freebies. What the Democrats do for them, aside from leaving religion out of the discussion, is beyond me.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 AM

518 posts, read 406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
its been explained hundreds of times, too bad libby dim'o'craps have the attention span of a goldfish.
It's your voting block that needs to pay attention, not ours. It's your voting bloc that continues to live in a bubble of WASP paranoia and expecting that to pay election-day dividends. Those days are over. I know it's tough to accept, but roll with it.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
My theory for why the Asians and Indians vote Democrat is because they are turned off by significant factions within the Republican party that are obsessed with Christianity. If Republicans could sideline the southeastern social conservatives in favor of western libertarian conservatives, they would have a much better chance at getting more Asian voters.

Asians are a hardworking people and don't need government freebies. What the Democrats do for them, aside from leaving religion out of the discussion, is beyond me.
Face it, the only people the GOP currently appeals to are old white Christian men... without some MAJOR strategy and policy changes, it will be a long time before we see another Republican in the White House! And while I do partially agree with your first statement, it's really only Indians who'd be turned off by the Christian stuff - as most of the other Asians here (Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, etc) are Christian or Catholic. Some might be Buddhist or Taoist, but that's a small minority here.

Btw, it isn't just Asians who work hard and don't need freebies. I work just as hard as anyone else, have never used assistance, and I'm not Asian - neither are most other hardworking liberals I know, and yet you guys keep spreading this nonsense. Pretty sure we've already proven there are even more (or at least as many) Reps than Dems on welfare, so where does this self-righteousness come from?

Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Your problems here are:

-You think that you have stumbled upon all of the right answers and can't imagine having been brainwashed yourself.
-Being a college professor isn't a real job.
I think the person you're quoting was being satirical.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Over educated and under sensed.

Some live life from a textbook, others go out and experience.
And some do both... why does it have to be one or the other? I have multiple degrees myself, but also experienced life so much it almost killed me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies